?????? Uncertain ?????? is it or isnt it?

indarican

So im just trying to figure out if rollersetting under a hooded dryer is considered direct heat?

I am really trying to stretch my relaxer a bit and i just got a stand up dryer....(AWESOME) but how much is too much, is once a week too much? twice a week? What is a good heat protectant?

any info is great!

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

So if i did it twice in one week, would that be real bad?

hey sis! i think the rollersetting with the "indirect heat usage" is fine as far as the heat factor! when i use to roller set or roller wrap.... THE MANIPULATION factor was the worse! I would loose more hair with these methods

the relaxer stretchers threads may offer more tips. I think if you hair is extremely thick, the manipulation will be less harmful (my opinion)
But if fine or thin.... it's the worse thing to happen to you (exaggeration):spinning: <<-- Combing down the rollersets and wraps, re-wrapping at nite, I would shed and break 10x as much as normal

heat protection! I'm not sure you need a whole lot with indirect heat. I bought tons (probably should sell) of chi silk infusion from sam's wholesale club right before i went natural!:nono::nono: It's suppose to be one of the best protectants! I think Redken has one as well (research best heat protectant in the search bar) <<< I usually go with the highest number of testimonies.... or the highest vote on the polls (i read about a really great one by the way, but apologize, don't remember which name everyone raved about)

Get in on tracyee's blog on k.i.s.s. blogspot <--- excellent advice on relaxed hair (my opinion)
ummmmmm, but the rollersetting is certainly better than flat ironing or blowdrying

I decided cones are not my thing.... but are excellent heat protectors, so if i choose to use heat I will deep condition with silicon mix and use the chi silk infusion line!

i need to learn more about ceramides & SAA <<< they may help you, but i know nothing about them...... so i will be researching later

Last edited:

indarican

hey sis! i think the rollersetting with the "indirect heat usage" is fine as far as the heat factor! when i use to roller set or roller wrap.... THE MANIPULATION factor was the worse! I would loose more hair with these methods

the relaxer stretchers threads may offer more tips. I think if you hair is extremely thick, the manipulation will be less harmful (my opinion)
But if fine or thin.... it's the worse thing to happen to you (exaggeration):spinning: <<-- Combing down the rollersets and wraps, re-wrapping at nite, I would shed and break 10x as much as normal

heat protection! I'm not sure you need a whole lot with indirect heat. I bought tons (probably should sell) of chi silk infusion from sam's wholesale club right before i went natural!:nono::nono: It's suppose to be one of the best protectants! I think Redken has one as well (research best heat protectant in the search bar) <<< I usually go with the highest number of testimonies.... or the highest vote on the polls (i read about a really great one by the way, but apologize, don't remember which name everyone raved about)

Get in on tracyee's blog on k.i.s.s. blogspot <--- excellent advice on relaxed hair (my opinion)
ummmmmm, but the rollersetting is certainly better than flat ironing or blowdrying

I decided cones are not my thing.... but are excellent heat protectors, so if i choose to use heat I will deep condition with silicon mix and use the chi silk infusion line!

i need to learn more about ceramides & SAA <<< they may help you, but i know nothing about them...... so i will be researching later
Wow that was so helpful... I know when i did my last roller set i did see tons of breakage i mean everywhere, but i just attributed that to not using any protien in a while.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Wow that was so helpful... I know when i did my last roller set i did see tons of breakage i mean everywhere, but i just attributed that to not using any protien in a while.

how often are u using protein? which are you using? is your hair thin, weak, thick, soft??? what is you rollersetting lotion???? that's a biggie!