Am i using too much heat?

Bublin

Since i relaxed i have been rollersetting and using a hooded dryer once a week.
If i work up too much of a sweat during exercise (and the other type of exercise :grin:) i will wash, rollerset and use the hooded dryer again during the week.

Thats sometimes twice a week.

I only finger comb inbetween and when i do comb i use a shower comb with lots of conditioner.

My hair feels very healthy and the ends are smooth. I am always checking and trimming away any split ends.

Anyone else use a hooded dryer more than once a week?

charmtreese

I dont think thats too much heat. I only rollerset once a week now, however I have done it twice a week with no problem. Your regimen is much like mine, I only finger comb between washings. I think you'll be fine!:yep:

hothair

:hijacked: what hooded dryer are you using Bublin? :peace_sm:eek:k back to your question...

Last edited:

Bublin

Hey....its a Babyliss - i bought it in Argos years ago and its still going strong. They still sell them.

I am loving rollersets - the routine is so simple, protective and you get a great look too.

Bublin

I dont think thats too much heat. I only rollerset once a week now, however I have done it twice a week with no problem. Your regimen is much like mine, I only finger comb between washings. I think you'll be fine!:yep:

Thanks charmtreese. I think i might be sitting underneath it for too long. I only have collar length hair but i sit under for an hour and my hair is very hot to the touch but it doesn't come out dry or frizzy.

What do you put in your hair straight after taking out the rollers?

Last edited:

charmtreese

If you have a cool setting on your dryer you may want to put in on cool for the last 15 minutes or so. I have fine cbl hair in front and just touching apl hair in back and I sit under the dryer for like 1.5 hours. I use the medium heat setting. I find that when Im really into my stretch it takes longer to dry.

I use jane carter nourish and shine and a little castor oil directly after a rollerset.

Bublin

If you have a cool setting on your dryer you may want to put in on cool for the last 15 minutes or so. I have fine cbl hair in front and just touching apl hair in back and I sit under the dryer for like 1.5 hours. I use the medium heat setting. I find that when Im really into my stretch it takes longer to dry.

I use jane carter nourish and shine and a little castor oil directly after a rollerset.

I'll try this next time.

Thanks - i don't know if we can get that in the UK. I'm using Profectiv Daily Anti-split end and deep repair but i think it makes my hair slightly dry. I use Ginseng Wonder 8 Oil on top though which i love.

drasgrl

I don't think once a week is too much. What setting are you using? If you go with cool it might be better if you think it's too much.