Rollersetters: What's in your spray bottle?

dream13

Water, and what else? Do you use leave-ins; oils; setting lotions; serums??? If so, which ones? Oh, and what products do you apply after your set is dry?

Sorry for all the questions at once :spinning:. Thanks in advance, though!

Last edited:
Water, and what else? Do you use leave-ins; oils; setting lotions; serums??? If so, which ones? Oh, and what products do you apply after your set is dry?

Sorry for all the questions :spinning:. Thanks in advance, though!

leave in: salerm 21
spray bottle: distilled water
sometimes I will mist my hair with diluted elucence moisture balance conditioner if I feel I need it

post set:
lightly oil my scalp
lightly oil curls after dried with one or combo of avocado, apricot and jojoba oils.

ETA: I used to use silken seal with a rollerset, but I got away from it since I can get shine without it.Silken seal is the business but it can make it really hard for me to keep my hair moisturized.

Last edited:
water straight from the tap, lol.

I use Salerm 21 or Bio Complex Placenta de Oveja as a leave in, though. If I am doing my hair myself, I use castor oil on my ends.

Just water. After my curls are dried I put alittle ORS Olive Oil (from the jar)I apply mostly to my ends and seal with a little castor oil.

I use plain water in my spray bottle.

Of course after I condition my hair i use a leave-in either Lacio Or Elasta QP Intense as a leave-in

after my hair is rolled and dry I apply some Broccoli seed oil

I fill the spray bottle half way with water, about 3-4 tablespoons of Lacio Lacio and a tablespoon of castor oil.

When my set is dry, I blow out my roots and then apply about a dime size of ORS Carrot Oil and either Gro-Aut oil or Wild Growth Oil, and then I pincurl it.

Last edited:
I use plain water in my spray bottle.

Of course after I condition my hair i use a leave-in either Lacio Or Elasta QP Intense as a leave-in

after my hair is rolled and dry I apply some Broccoli seed oil

Intense is my favorite conditioner! :love:

What does the broccoli seed oil do?

I fill the spray bottle half way with water, about 3-4 tablespoons of Lacio Lacio and a tablespoon of castor oil.

When my set is dry, I blow out my roots and then apply about a dime size of ORS Carrot Oil and either Gro-Aut oil or Wild Growth Oil, and then I pincurl it.

Wow. I may need to start adding thigns to my spray bottle!

For those of you who do this- what's the difference in your hair doing it this way vs. adding these elements to your hair with your hands?

Thanks, Ladies! Great tips!

I'm doing my first rollerset on my own this weekend :grin:. I think I'll try the two separate bottles...one with water, and the other with a water/leave-in mix.

Pre set: I apply a little leave in (Giovanni Direct) and then a bit of Chi Silk Infusion.

Water bottle: Plain tap water, but after reading an earlier post, I am going to start using filtered water (Brita). I have added a bit of my leave in to the water bottle before but did not see a noticeable difference.

After set: I apply a smidgen of my moisturizer, Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer

Which one? I have about 6 or 7. :ohwell:

1. water and SAA (rollersets)
2. moisture mix: water lacio, Fermodyl 619 (1 vial), mane & tail conditioner
3. water & ACV (don't use much)
4. water only (rollersets)
5. various leave-ins and tea tree oil (use sometimes as prewash only (smell))
6. rosewater (rose petal powder & water)
7. *NEW* cloves steeped with chamomile tea (1 bag) (will add water and see how it is on scalp and hair)
8. ORS setting lotion (about 3 packs from relaxer) & lots of water (rollersets)

That's all I can think of right now, I mix so much stuff together, I would never be able to duplicate a mixture.

Last edited:
I put a small amount of Chi Silk Infusion after washing then add a bit of scurl to my ends. Now in my spray bottle is a mixture of water and castor oil. I make sure to shake it up real well because otherwise it will separate. Then I get to rollersetting.

Ok is this like a joke??
All the self proclaimed product junkies on this board and 90% say they are just using water and tap water at that?? :lachen:

I'm interested also since I've gotten away from the setting lotions due to dryness, but don't you need SOMETHING to help seal and protect the hair during a rollerset if nothing other than some leave in?

Also, don't you do something depending on how much new growth you have?? Or is that more of an after rollerset thing?

Ok is this like a joke??
All the self proclaimed product junkies on this board and 90% say they are just using water and tap water at that?? :lachen:

I'm interested also since I've gotten away from the setting lotions due to dryness, but don't you need SOMETHING to help seal and protect the hair during a rollerset if nothing other than some leave in?

Also, don't you do something depending on how much new growth you have?? Or is that more of an after rollerset thing?

I think they mean they are only using H2o in their spray bottles. Looks like lots of ladies are using leave-ins prior to spraying.

I mix water, lottabody, cream leave-in (lacio or NTM) and some jojoba oil. I need some type of setting lotion in my mix to hold my curls. And this is for rollersets. For flexi-rod sets I use about 40% water and 60% lottabody so the set will hold longer. And for both I put Fermadoyl 619 and some Fantasia IC Serum on my ends first.

I use a leave in conditioner ( Nadia Green Grape leave in) first and plain ole distilled water to keep my hair damp as I'm rolling.

Back