Rollersetters...what product(s) are you setting with

zzirvingj

For those of you that rollerset, after you're done with the shampoo/DC stage, what is in your hair???

Please name ANY AND ALL products you put in your hair after washing, before you rollerset. Please include any leave-ins, moisturizers, oils, setting lotions, etc. Or if you don't apply any product, let me know that, too...:drunk:

I read a few threads where a person or two mentioned using a little diluted Lottabody and that's it---anybody still use this to set with? Do you find that the less product you add, the better your rollersets come out?

TIA :drunk::drunk::drunk:

zzirvingj

LACIO LACIO :grin:
Water
Shea butter Moisturizer (sometimes)
Heats Protectant - CHI or Biosilk :grin:

HTH

I have a question about the CHI/Biosilk you have listed....these are serums, correct? For those of you that use serums, are you adding the serum in the spray bottle (ie, with your water/Lacio Lacio)? Or do you just rub it into your hands and apply?

Also, are you putting the serum on before you rollerset or after your set is done?

wheezy807

I have a question about the CHI/Biosilk you have listed....these are serums, correct? For those of you that use serums, are you adding the serum in the spray bottle (ie, with your water/Lacio Lacio)? Or do you just rub it into your hands and apply?

Also, are you putting the serum on before you rollerset or after your set is done?
i just rub it into my hands and apply. I put the serum on before i rollerset.

spencd

I use a spray bottle with just plain water. I think that is key. Also I use Bio Complex -Placenta de Oveja a product by Star. It has a picture of a sheep on it. I think it makes my hair shiny and soft. I tried it the other day on my dry hair and it made it soft. Put this in first and then spray with water. Sometimes I use Infusium 23 repair.

Dposh167

this is all in correct order:...braid spray with extra glycerin & aloe vera juice added....giovanni direct leave in.....dilluted lacio lacio with water in spray bottle(right b4 i roll the section).....castor oil on ends only (right b4 i roll)......ion heat protectant spray

tbaby_8

It varies on what I feel like, but here it goes.

Nacidit Leave in Conditioner
Biolage Shine Milk
or Biolage Leave in Conditioner
Nu Expressions Foaming Wrap lotion.

Once my roller set is dry, I either use a little mizani rose H2O or a little of my butter mixture and wrap my hair. My rollersets come out looking very shiny and soft.

classi123

I have a question about the CHI/Biosilk you have listed....these are serums, correct? YES its a serum. For those of you that use serums, are you adding the serum in the spray bottle (ie, with your water/Lacio Lacio)? No my hair is usually still wet after the rollerset, if it takes a while to set I keep the water handy to use but right after I wash and DC I add lacio lacio and mix with Biosilk Or do you just rub it into your hands and apply? YES. But u can do it either way.

B4 the rollerset. The serum is used as a heat protectant from the drier.

classi123

I use a spray bottle with just plain water. I think that is key. Also I use Bio Complex -Placenta de Oveja a product by Star. It has a picture of a sheep on it. I think it makes my hair shiny and soft. I tried it the other day on my dry hair and it made it soft. Put this in first and then spray with water. Sometimes I use Infusium 23 repair.

I use this too when I run out of Lacio Lacio. I like it just as much.

Determined22

In order, I apply EQP Intense, then Organix Anti-breakage serum, then EQP Design Foam. My spray bottle just has plain water in it.

chelleyrock

Salerm 21 and Hask Shine serum. I rub both in my hands and apply to hair. I use a spray bottle with water only when it starts to get dry.

Healthb4Length

Rotate between lacio lacio, keracare leave-in, giovanni direct or shescentit's green grape leave-in. Follow up with any of the following serums-Keracare silken seal, CHI silk infusion or Fantasia Olive oil serum. Sometimes if I want a firm set I'll use diluted lottabody with any of the above products.

la flaca

I use to rollerset:
*Hang Straight
*Lite Elements Fluid

After the hair is dried
Anti-humectant Pomade

I must say that my hair looks great :blush:

SparklingFlame

I HATED Lottabody!!! :thumbsdown:

It made my hair crunchy.

In every product I use, I add silk amino acids. This is also added to my water bottle when I rollerset.

I use Lacio Lacio and Chi silk infusion. I spray water on my hair to keep in soaking wet.

The results are swinging, bouncing hair.

nicki6

I am currently using Lacio Lacio (added 2ml of silk amino acids to it). I spritzed w/ diluted Lottabody and dry for 30 mins under my Pibbs.

This week, I did a flex rod set and it lasted ALL week long..I only reroll overnite twice. My curls held and were soft and bouncy.

ETA: I use a dime sized amount of Keracare silken seal for extra shine!

Mrs.Green

After I deep condition with Silicon Mix, rinse and apply Lacio Lacio. I keep my hair sopping wet with plain water. The curls are flawless when dry :yep:

froggie08

I use lacio lacio or NTM leave in
I then use frizz buster serum or chi silk infusion
I also use a bottle filled with water to spray each section of hair before it's placed on the roller.

I am almost out of the lacio lacio so I will be ordering shescentit green-grape leave-in I hope it works well for me.

kblc06

Water mixture includes: Lottabody (diluted in water), Chi Keratin Mist or SAA, and water

Leave-ins: Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Repair Cream (the one in Priestess's siggy) & Chi Silk Infusion

I apply them to EACH section as I rollerset

disgtgyal

biolage leave in tonic (recently started using biolage but like it so far) and texture correcting serum

SoOoNY

AG Fastfood (or Lacio Lacio)
Fantasia Heat Protectant serum
Water in spray bottle

That is the truth... its what I use in my hair and I love love LOVE it...

I pre-poo with Emergencia and castor oil (and egg if i need a boost of protein). I wash then put in AG Fast food Leave in and a heat protectant (either Chi silk, redken heat glide, biosilk or nexxus heat protectant) and if my hair starts to get dry i use rewet with a mix of lacio lacio water castor oil and infusium

CoffeeBean

I love LottaBody b/c it give "lotta body". Curls last much longer with this than any other product I've tried ( and I've tried many). You must dilute this [BWELL! If your hair turns out "crunchy" then you may not have diluted it enough. I usually use the Kids Organic Shea Butter (sm amount) a little Keracare foam set and spray lottabody on each section to be rolled. Turns out: flawless.

Kiki82

1. NTM silk touch leave-in
2. Keracare foam
3. jojoba oil
4. water when it starts to get dry...

Trace

I love LottaBody b/c it give "lotta body". Curls last much longer with this than any other product I've tried ( and I've tried many). You must dilute this [BWELL! If your hair turns out "crunchy" then you may not have diluted it enough. I usually use the Kids Organic Shea Butter (sm amount) a little Keracare foam set and spray lottabody on each section to be rolled. Turns out: flawless.

CoffeeBean, what's the ratio of water to LottaBody? I just bought some, so I'm going to give it a try.

I've tried Altena's hemp organic straightening balm and water and my hair was a hot mess! :nono:

This weekend I'll try not washing out all of my banana brulee (love that stuff), Redken's heat glide and a little LottaBody.

hot_pepper96

Santa Fe serum to detangle
Phytodensium serum applied to scalp
Phytospecific Integral Spray w/3 tiny caps of SAA & Panthenol powder added or
Dwayne's Bounce and Body Foam Wrap (I've only used this once)
Re-wet hair w/water when hair starts to dry

amber815

Fermodyl 619
either Alter Ego Rebalancing or Rusk Smoother
in spray bottle: water, infusium 23 (moisturizing formula)

I'm going to try this week:
Fermodyl 619
Nairobi leave in
Nairobi wrap foam