Rollersetters: What's in your spray bottle?

Ok is this like a joke??
All the self proclaimed product junkies on this board and 90% say they are just using water and tap water at that?? :lachen:

I'm interested also since I've gotten away from the setting lotions due to dryness, but don't you need SOMETHING to help seal and protect the hair during a rollerset if nothing other than some leave in?

Also, don't you do something depending on how much new growth you have?? Or is that more of an after rollerset thing?

Well I think even product junkies realize that a little goes a long way when it comes to wet hair, especially pre-rollerset. So, yes, most people are applying a leave in before rollersetting, but you dont want too much stuff in your spray bottle because the best rollerset is when you keep each section of hair saturated and wet before rolling it. If I put too much stuff in my spray bottle then my rollerset hair would come out hard (from setting lotion) or weighed down (from too much product).

The main purpose of my spray bottle is just to keep my hair wet.

Pokahontas, your ponytail is perfect. WoW!

This thread is interesting, since I have never thought to add any of the above mentioned stuff to a spray bottle. I have used Lacio, but straight from the bottle. Maybe this is why my hair didn't like it...I should have diluted it.

I use Elasta QP Silk mixed with water or diluted purple Lottabody. I am going to have to try some of these.

For setting: Heavily diluted Lottabody mixed with some jojoba oil. When it runs out, I'll make another mix using castor oil instead.

Post: Moisturizer and/or coconut oil-castor oil-ylang ylang oil mixture.

Leave in: Salem 21 or lacio lacio or Chi Silk Infusion
Spray bottle: cold distilled water and little Essential Oils

OK...why don't my curls last? Could it be because I have thin/fine hair? I use NTM creamy leave in and water when I set and it looks great for about 4 hours, but by the end of the day, my curls are gone.

In a previous life, my stylist used some type of design foam and the set would last all week, but my hair was so dry. BTW...even when the Dominicans do it, my curls are gone by the end of the day. What's up with that?

I may use too much stuff, but the protein seems to hold the curl for me

I have

Infusium, (1/8 inch in small bottle) Rusk Smoother, (1-inch squirt) Giovanni Direct,(pea-sized drop) jojoba oil (few drops) and water

Water is 90% of the mix. I shake it up before every squirt. It leaves my hair soft and shiny

Water, and what else? Do you use leave-ins; oils; setting lotions; serums??? If so, which ones? Oh, and what products do you apply after your set is dry?

My spray bottle only has water. I put the leave-in before rollersetting.
After my hair is dry I apply Rusk heat protectant serum before using the flatiron. After I'm all done I apply sheabutter.

I haven't been actively rollersetting since about august...I think my arms demanded a break...lol...

When I did, I used 1 part lottabody to about 8 parts water in the spray bottle then put a dab of fructis sleek and shine on each section.

Back