Rollersetters

nita4

Couple of questions: Normally after I rollerset, I sit under the dryer for maybe 30 min to a hour at the most then I usually go to bed with my rollers in for that night. Do you think this would cause problems to my hair? So far, it's been twice a week. I use a smaller roller for tight curls and then finger comb - so that my curls will last. Do or have any of you done this for a period of time and did you have any problems that I should be aware of? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

beana3

i would say just make sure that the roller clips are not tugging at your hair. I went to sleep in hard magnetic rollers about 4x's and noticed the clips would tug and break my hair after a while.

nita4

Humm, I only sleep in them after I set, it's normally partially dry. I tie up my rollers with a hair net so they don't move and I don't sleep wild. I honestly don't know how long it would take my hair to dry sitting under the hair dryer because I've never done it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif But I'm digging these roller sets. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

Sometimes I sleep in rollers too (just to make sure my hair is completely dry). I make sure I tie my scarf so that the rollers are secure. It hasn't had any negative effects on my hair. The only problem I have is that the rollers are uncomfortable to sleep in. For me, this is better than sitting under the hooded dryer forever.

nita4

Allandra, I so agree. They are uncomfortable, but I can't sit under that dryer for more then an hour and frizzy ends aren't an option either. Wow, I bet you're under the dryer forever!!! That's if you can get your rollers under the hood!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif How do you get waist length hair on a roller or do you just roll the ends?

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
nita4 said:
Allandra, I so agree. They are uncomfortable, but I can't sit under that dryer for more then an hour and frizzy ends aren't an option either. Wow, I bet you're under the dryer forever!!! That's if you can get your rollers under the hood!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif How do you get waist length hair on a roller or do you just roll the ends?

[/ QUOTE ]
I roll my hair all the way up to the roots. Rolling just the ends would not work out well for me. With the rollers that I use, I am able to fit under my dryer. This is the reason why I can't get bigger rollers. So, I'll just stick with the ones that I have.

nita4

Wow, I bet your arms get tired, but I would imagine your hair is real pretty curled too. Would love to see one day.

sweetcocoa

I have a hard time sleeping in rollers also...but I do when I don't want to sit under a dryer. When I was in the Air Force I used to shampoo and roller set Sunday nights and dry over night. My hair grew alot then. So I don't think it should cause any problems.