rollersetting the sides of your head

ichephren

Is anyone else finding it rather difficult to rollerset the sides of their head? I've look at all the pics of rollersets but I still can't get all the rollers to fit on the sides of my head! They're all wonky and by the time I get to the other side, let's just say I do a little creative arrangement :/ Is there a trick I'm missing here or do I have an unsually small head?

ajoyfuljoy

maybe you want to try smaller rollers? I always rollerset my hair towards the back, not down, so maybe that would help the rollers to fit on your head also? I only use a couple of rollers on the side of my head so you are not alone in that.

Nuelle

I did my very first rollerset today, YAY!, but my gosh, it was hard. This is what worked for me...At the very front on the sides, I had the rollers going down instead of towards the back, because my hair is much shorter there. When it comes to the rest, I just parted my hair and did it whichever way (down or back). My hands were tired by then and all the pulling:perplexed. I think it's a good idea to use smaller rollers where your hair is not as long or where it is too crowded. HTH!

Lady Esquire

Nuelle said:
I did my very first rollerset today, YAY!, but my gosh, it was hard. This is what worked for me...At the very front on the sides, I had the rollers going down instead of towards the back, because my hair is much shorter there. When it comes to the rest, I just parted my hair and did it whichever way (down or back). My hands were tired by then and all the pulling:perplexed. I think it's a good idea to use smaller rollers where your hair is not as long or where it is too crowded. HTH!

nuelle your hair is beautiful.

hOnii

do you maybe have a pic of what you are talking about? i'm not sure that i'm getting what you are having a problem with, but perhaps you just need more hair in each roller so that you use less? where are you securing your pins?

Nuelle

LadyEsquire said:
nuelle your hair is beautiful.

Aww thanks LadyEsquire! :) Your hair is just as beautiful and looks so silky. I am more than 2 months post, so it's looking nothing like in those pics:look:.

@ichephren, here's a pic of what my rollerset looked like (this pic was taken 2 weeks ago). Basically, in the front, the rollers go down and the rest goes towards the back. Hope it makes sense.

Last edited:

ichephren

i think that i make my sections a bit too small. it seems that everyone else uses fewer rollers. i'll try that next time, i was worried that my roots wouldn't get straight since they're only mildly relaxed. thanks everyone and nuelle especially for the pic :)

albane

Ichephren
Personnaly I always git better results using more than fewer rollers ... and this is what my mother, an hairdresser taught me.
But you should not hesitate seeking some help for the setting of the rollers Doing it alone is very difficult if you have long or uneven hair
I get willingly help from my husband and before I got married several friends did help me when required

MadisonK

ichephren said:
Is anyone else finding it rather difficult to rollerset the sides of their head? I've look at all the pics of rollersets but I still can't get all the rollers to fit on the sides of my head! They're all wonky and by the time I get to the other side, let's just say I do a little creative arrangement :/ Is there a trick I'm missing here or do I have an unsually small head?

I use to have the same problem. I have a lot of hair, so i use to run out of room too. I think the key is the way you lift the hair before putting it on the roller. It's hard to explain....but let's say I'm rolling the sides of my hair. I pull the section of hair up as if I'm holding it over the top of my head and then roll down. If you hold the hair straight out beside your ear it makes the roller sit lower. And I always ran out of room this way.

If I'm rolling the middle of my hair, I pull the section I'm rolling down towards my forhead and not straight up and then I roll down.

A hairstylists showed me this is how to do it to make the rollers fit. I use tons of rollers and I always have room since learning this method.

I wish I had a picture to show you, but I don't. Hope this helps!

B

BabieD

MadisonK said:
I use to have the same problem. I have a lot of hair, so i use to run out of room too. I think the key is the way you lift the hair before putting it on the roller. It's hard to explain....but let's say I'm rolling the sides of my hair. I pull the section of hair up as if I'm holding it over the top of my head and then roll down. If you hold the hair straight out beside your ear it makes the roller sit lower. And I always ran out of room this way.

If I'm rolling the middle of my hair, I pull the section I'm rolling down towards my forhead and not straight up and then I roll down.

A hairstylists showed me this is how to do it to make the rollers fit. I use tons of rollers and I always have room since learning this method.

I wish I had a picture to show you, but I don't. Hope this helps!

ditto! that's what works for me 2!

lonei

I have always found rollersetting the sides hard, I'm better at it now and have learnt that it is all to do with the angles and for me it comes out better if I comb the hair straight up before rolling...