Sabino Moisture Block ROCKS!!!

Misshairdiva

This is my holy grail!!! Sabino Moisture Block ROCKS!!!! I loooove love love this stuff. After spending TWO DAYS reading five hundred plus post on lhcf search, I ordered it. Within three days my bottle came. I tried a wash n go, it left my hair feeling very soft. Then today I blowed dried my hair using the stretch technique I saw someone on here doing, where you pull the hair and hold it with your hands and then blow dry it, and then I got my step daughter to flat iron it. I used the smb before I blow dried it, and then afterwards. It didnt' look like she used enough so I added more and flat ironed one more time. I went outside at seven thirty at night. Now, I live in the woods, and usually this time of night the moisture in the air would cause my hair to revert, but... NOT THIS EVENING! I ran around with my hubby doing errands and my hair was fine. It even started to cloud before it rained, and it still did not revert! Last weekend when I did errands I had to wear a hat on my head in 90degree heat! And when my hubby told me I looked like a crackhead with a winter hat on and to take it off as soon as I did it reverted. This stuff is a KEEPER! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

nikki2229

I think I have super hair. LOL
My hair reverts almost immediately even though I use SMB and Fantasia Heat Serum when I flat iron.

akgirl

Cosign :) I can't keep my hands out of my hair because it's so soft all of the time AND I worked out yesterday and even my natural 4b roots are still flat...Gorgeous hair btw :)

melodies815

SMB works like this for DD's hair. I have not used it on my natural hair yet... I hope I have the same testimony!!

Thanks for sharing!!

cj

brownbean96

That's great. I can't get it to last that long..I have 4a/4b hair. Exactly how are you using it/how much and when (before blow dry/after etc.). You woulldn't by chance have a youtube video wouldcha? :grin:
Cosign :) I can't keep my hands out of my hair because it's so soft all of the time AND I worked out yesterday and even my natural 4b roots are still flat...Gorgeous hair btw :)

akgirl

That's great. I can't get it to last that long..I have 4a/4b hair. Exactly how are you using it/how much and when (before blow dry/after etc.). You woulldn't by chance have a youtube video wouldcha? :grin:

Hi Brownbean, here is exactly what I do:

Wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo (to make sure all cones are removed and that my subsequent products work well)
Caramel Treatment (with full fat yogurt and some ACV added) for two hours (I do it for deep conditioning, natural protein, and to help relax my curls)
Rinse really well
Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner (love it for when I straighten)
Detangle gently with my denman d3
Rinse Hair
Towel dry lightly
Sabino Moisture Block (I section my hair in to 4 sections then apply some to each one)
Blow dry on medium heat (gently) with a comb attachment on high with my T3 dryer
Add a little more sabino to each section if needed
Flat-iron with my beloved original GHD flat-iron

Done and done! I will also mention that I tend to be a bit heavy-handed with the sabino, so it's a wee bit too greasy the first day, but after that by day 2 it's smooth sailing and looks great! Stays good for a week or two if I let it. I do have some BKT leftover on my hair from a couple of months ago. But I have a lot of newgrowth (4b) and it still lies flat even after I worked out the other day so I know it's the caramel and the sabino. My hair is not immune to majorly crazy humidity (I was by the ocean not too long ago and it swelled, but then when I got back home it had shrunk again...weird). But it handles normal humidity quite well. Hope this helps! I will find or take a pic. So if Sabino alone isn't doing it for you, I would suggest doing the caramel treatment in addition.

akgirl

Ummm interesting news. Apparently the formula has been changed and they added two additional silicones to the formula to further waterproof the formula. BrownBean, this might be helpful to your problem. I haven't tried the new formula but it now contains dimethiconol and Cyclopentasiloxane in addition to the other two ingredients. I really hope it still works the same. There are plenty of other products that contain all 4 of these ingredients but Diane @ Sabino says the quality of their 'cones is really high and it makes a difference. I believe it as far as their original formula goes, I don't know of anything that performs like it. So I HOPE HOPE HOPE it's even better...

So this is the full ingredient list:

Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol

brownbean96

Thank you sooooo much! I really appreciate your details. The caramel treatment sounds like exactly what I need (in addition to the Aubrey conditioner/this has been on my wish list)! I will be printing out your regi to follow:) One more request, can you please share your caramel :lick: recipe..thank you!

Hi Brownbean, here is exactly what I do:

Wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo (to make sure all cones are removed and that my subsequent products work well)
Caramel Treatment (with full fat yogurt and some ACV added) for two hours (I do it for deep conditioning, natural protein, and to help relax my curls)
Rinse really well
Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner (love it for when I straighten)
Detangle gently with my denman d3
Rinse Hair
Towel dry lightly
Sabino Moisture Block (I section my hair in to 4 sections then apply some to each one)
Blow dry on medium heat (gently) with a comb attachment on high with my T3 dryer
Add a little more sabino to each section if needed
Flat-iron with my beloved original GHD flat-iron

Done and done! I will also mention that I tend to be a bit heavy-handed with the sabino, so it's a wee bit too greasy the first day, but after that by day 2 it's smooth sailing and looks great! Stays good for a week or two if I let it. I do have some BKT leftover on my hair from a couple of months ago. But I have a lot of newgrowth (4b) and it still lies flat even after I worked out the other day so I know it's the caramel and the sabino. My hair is not immune to majorly crazy humidity (I was by the ocean not too long ago and it swelled, but then when I got back home it had shrunk again...weird). But it handles normal humidity quite well. Hope this helps! I will find or take a pic. So if Sabino alone isn't doing it for you, I would suggest doing the caramel treatment in addition.