Safely Coloring Natural Hair...

danigurl18

I was thinking about coloring my hair because it is so boring with this TWA!! I was thinking about putting a semi-permanent color in it. I have done this before but that was before LHCF. I was thinking I should probably do a DC after I rinse the color out... Any advice?

moni_kerr

If you are using semi-perm then it's safe ! I use to lighten my hair to a brown with a permanent dye and then use semi-perm to change the colors every once in a while. I grew out the dye and just have a couple bleached chunks that I use semi-perm colors over. I use Jazzing! I havnt had any bad affects resulting from it (besides staining my bathroom LOL) . I usually wash, apply the dye, soak it in for a few hours(sometimes overnight because I'm just weird like that haha), rinse, DC..and rinse

ok this is beyond the zone semi perm..only use BTZ for my wild wild colors haha

and the picture below is with jazzing

Ericka

Moni kerr........ you said that you something let your dye soack for a few hours to sometimes over night. I was also thinking about letting the dye soak in for a few hours just so it will really take. I have bleached highlights and want to use a semi perm (black) to get rid of them. Thanks for the info.

CenteredGirl

Wow, never thought about doing it overnight. Certainly something I do with henna, but it's sooo expensive. Will try this. THANKS!

MonPetite

I hated jazzing (review in my Color album). :look:

I lurve Clairol's semi-perm brand. I wrote a lengthy review for it in my Color album (see fotki).

Definitely DC afterwards and have a light protein handy JIC.

I actually DC before to ensure got coverage with Porosity control (See Sally's review album) added to my mix for good color absorbtion.

Then I color and lightly DC afterward with a bit of neutral protein filler added (See Sally's album in Fotki).

I hope you get the results you are after! :yep:

danigurl18

I bought Jazzing Red Hot and Im about to wash my hair and put it in.. i'll post pics in a few hours and let you guys know how it looks!!