Salerm Product Review !!!!!!

Foxycus02

Ok Ladies I got my hand on something that from now on Imma call my lil gift from heaven. After months of searching for a good conditioner, I think I got my hands on something thats incomparable, even to my 10 en 1 (and yall know I loovee me some 10 en 1). Its Salerm Mascarilla Capilar al germen de trigo ( Wheat germ oil Hair mask). Its unvelieable. The jar runs for $15.99 but today I conditioned my hair with the amount that was stuck on the lid and I like to make sure every strand is coated. I left this on for 5 MINUTES using heat. O my god, slip, slip, more slip, shine, moisture. I wash my hair over a sink, I have to comb it back and then I rollerset. I lost an amazing TWO strands in the process. I ran into the product because I just got a touch up with motions oil moisturizer lye relaxer and bought all their products. My hair looked shiny, healthy, and soft but it felt weighed down. It was just too much for my hair. So I went to an Asian beauty supply store and talked her into exchanging the products ( I was not getting stuck with no big Tub of conditioner and shampoo I was not going to use). The thread of expensive vs cheap products really got me thinking. I used to use the Salerm Balsamo Proteinico conditioner and it was really good but they had ran out. So I saw it, an older lady told me it was really good and I bought it. Boy am I glad. 10 times better than the regular salerm conditioner. 10 en 1 results multiplied to the hmmpphhh degree. Humectress users, Humectress aint got ish on this. It is soo good, I cant even explain. I feel like I did not know wat a good conditioner was until I ran into this. Sorry PJ's to tempt you but this just might be your cure. I cut down on leave ins ( matter of fact I only used a bit of the Salerm leave in as opposed to three or 4 products), it cut down on rollersetting time, drying time. Ladies I think Im in love. Finnaallyyy!!!!

By the way the results after rollersetting were so good, I didnt use a serum. So soft, shiny and bouncy. I just wrapped and put on a scarf.

Here are the ingredients:
water, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, isopropyl alcohol, triticum vulgare (wheat germ oil), panthenol, propylene glycol, amodimethicone, polyquaternium 11, trideceth 12, sodium methylparaben, parfum, citric acid, ci 1940, ci 42053, ci 16035, provitamin B5

Product Claim: Salerm wheat germ conditioning treatment for hair is specially recommended as a beauty treatment for dry and damaged hair. Its nutritive components condition hair from the roots to the tips, adding softness, and vitality to the hair. The main ingredients of the Hair mask are wheat germ oil rich in vitamins which provide essential nutrients and tensioactive and lubricating components to restore the gloss and silkiness of healthy hair to dry and damaged hair. Provitamin b5 nourishes hair to restore natural shine to hair- one of its most spectacular and effective results.

Treatment duration- for dry, weak or damaged hair, we recommend applying hte treatment once a week, although results will be evident from the first application (BOY THEY DIDNT LIE). For normal hair, apply monthly, particular during the summer.

My hair is healthy but I think this will be my weekly indulgence..

Lindy

Thanks for the review. I think I'll be putting some Salerm products on my list of things to buy after the Product Junkie Challenge.

Armyqt

Thanks for the review. I almost ordered this a few days ago at Metro Beauty, but I decided to pass on it. Thanks for listing all the ingredients too. I am a lil concerned about the "isopropyl alcohol". That's the kind we use on our bodies isn't it. The drying kind. Someone help me out here.

Miosy

I've used all of Salerm products in the past but they were a bit too pricey for me. I still use their silk drops when I roller set.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I am a lil concerned about the "isopropyl alcohol". That's the kind we use on our bodies isn't it. The drying kind. Someone help me out here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing... Actually I'm sitting here with LaMaur Bone Marrow Conditioner in my hair, and it also contains Isopropyl Alcohol. I wonder why they put that in there??!!

Boadicea

I'm glad you liked it! I use this when I get my hair done in salons.

If you find it too drying, use less but add a little more of another conditioner or deep conditioner. Don't add it to the jar, but mix it on your head or in your hand.

Samy Moist Conditioner is a good one to use.

Foxycus02

I dont find it drying at all. Ive used it twice already and all I feel is moisture, moisture, moisture. The best for my hair so far.

Boadicea

You can find them at most BSS stores.

Salerm sells other product lines such as BioKera so if yuo see one, the other is generally in the same area.

dreemssold

Thanks, Kaddy...I've eyed this forever and I've seen how many people love it, but now I feel like I have to have eeeet!

ms_kenesha

Okay, do y'all think I could get the same results from Tropical's Wheat Germ Hair Conditioner? Because their Milk Protein is the BEST! And of course it's easier on the pockets than the Salerm.

Armyqt

Jumping back in to say it IS all that. I caved and tried this over a year ago and it is AWESOME.

Lindy

ms_kenesha said:
Okay, do y'all think I could get the same results from Tropical's Wheat Germ Hair Conditioner? Because their Milk Protein is the BEST! And of course it's easier on the pockets than the Salerm.

I'd say it's worth a try MsK!! The only reason I didn't order that one is that I already have the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask...

If you try it let me know how it is!! :)

Tracy

Naaahhhh - it's not REALLY the same. That will still be good MsK, but Tropical is the Dominican Queen Helene...it's the cheapest and least "intensive" of the DOm. conditioner brands. It's poular because it IS a good product and it does the job, AND they have a lotta flavors. :) But Salerm really is one of a kind... ;)

KAddy

ms_kenesha said:

This is funny because I went out and purchased my own bootleg version of wheat germ conditioner :look: hoping for the salerm result too. :lachen: I have yet to use mine.

ETA: I will use it tonight when I shampoo though.

Last edited:

Lindy

Tracy said:
Naaahhhh - it's not REALLY the same. That will still be good MsK, but Tropical is the Dominican Queen Helene...it's the cheapest and least "intensive" of the DOm. conditioner brands.

Ahhh... that's interesting!!

OT: Tracy, have you tried anything from the "Sedal" line?? Is it any good??? I remember seeing some Sedal products while I was in DR in November, but I didn't buy any, cuz they were expensive (the dollar wasn't doing well then...:ohwell: )

MonaLisa

KAddy said:
This is funny because I went out and purchased my own bootleg version of wheat germ conditioner :look: hoping for the salerm result too. :lachen: I have yet to use mine.

/QUOTE]

Da Pusha went...and got a bootleg...version...oh I wanna hear the results of this one. I was gonna just use my NTM mask on Saturday for my rollerset, but I am...being swayed. The movie star (Armyqt) gave it the okay...so I feel like I may cave in. That ish is not cheap doe. Still contemplating.

KAddy

MonaLisa said:
Da Pusha went...and got a bootleg...version...oh I wanna hear the results of this one. I was gonna just use my NTM mask on Saturday for my rollerset, but I am...being swayed. The movie star (Armyqt) gave it the okay...so I feel like I may cave in. That ish is not cheap doe. Still contemplating.

Uh, I didn't even shampoo my hair last night
So I will give a review when I shampoo this weekend. ;)

Tracy

Lindy said:
Ahhh... that's interesting!!

OT: Tracy, have you tried anything from the "Sedal" line?? Is it any good??? I remember seeing some Sedal products while I was in DR in November, but I didn't buy any, cuz they were expensive (the dollar wasn't doing well then...:ohwell: )

I heavn't yet Lindy no, but I've had my eye on it for a while and I just placed an order with sickbay. My products should arrive today. ;) I ordered the Lissage (Smoothing) Leave In and the Ceramidas (Ceramide) Leave In....so I'll be SURE to post a review just as SOON as I use 'em. ;)

Tracy

MonaLisa said:
KAddy said:

/QUOTE]

That BPT Wheat Germ is actually an EXECELLENT conditioner. Not exactly the same as Salerm by any stretch, but you won't be sorry. ;)

KAddy

Tracy said:
That BPT Wheat Germ is actually an EXECELLENT conditioner. Not exactly the same as Salerm by any stretch, but you won't be sorry. ;)

YES! I am excited about this. Thanks for letting me know Tracy.

Have you used it before? For how long? The directions say 3 mins, so I want to know if I can leave it on longer with heat?

Thanks again.