Sally's New Knock-Off

kellistarr

Sally's is at it again with the new Corkscrew Pin Knock-off. I'm pretty sure that it cost me like $5.88 before you use your beauty card. It's new in my area. That's cheaper than what I paid for it at Meijer and Target. They work great.

Photo on 2011-09-03 at 21.46.jpg

Photo on 2011-09-03 at 21.44.jpg

My bun using the pins

Photo on 2011-09-03 at 21.37 #2.jpg

Chameleonchick

How does this pin work in natural hair? Sounds like a good idea but at the same time I think it would get stuck in my hair.

Aireen

Dang there's knockoffs of everything these these days. How much cheaper is this knockoff anyway? I can't imagine the Goody Spin Pin costing enough to constitute a knockoff.

Chromia

Dang there's knockoffs of everything these these days. How much cheaper is this knockoff anyway? I can't imagine the Goody Spin Pin costing enough to constitute a knockoff.
Goody Spin Pin = $6.29 at Target. The Sally's Corkscrew Pin is $5.49 without a Sally's card, $4.99 with a card.

kellistarr

dancinstallion- yes, I used both pins for my bun; one at the top and one at the bottom. You screw it in and the pins pretty much disappear. Screw them in counter clockwise, making sure that the one on the top doesn't touch the one on the bottom. It is not always necessary to use both pins. To get them out you simply unscrew them. It is very easy and doesn't take out your hair.

Chameleonchick- I am natural and the pins don't/won't get stuck in the hair.

mg1979

Your bun looks great! I tried the goody spin pins and I never could get it work right.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Geminigirl

Yay! I love buns. I'm going to get it. I always wondered how these worked but they never had black goody pins in store only blonde and brunette.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using LG-LW690

kellistarr

I really like the Goody Spin Pins and the Sally knock-offs aren't cheap enough for me to cross over.

You're right, the difference in cost is minute. But Goody Spin is so popular, often it's sold out, so this makes Sally's a good alternative. That's what I like about Sally's doing the knock-offs, if you can't get your hands on the original, Sally's will suffice, until you can.

mg1979- Thanks. The bun is great when I need my hair out of the way, or my planned hair-do is a fail.

Chromia- Thank You. I'm waiting for Sally's to do a knock-off to the Kinky-Curly Custard or the Shea Moisture Coconut-Hibiscus Smoothie. I don't believe that Sally's has done any knock-off butters.

KhandiB

They could have at least made it WAY cheaper .. Im all for Gerries but not if they are that close in price, Id just go get the Name Brand one for a 1.50