Salon-Quality Moisturizing Deep Conditioners

kiesha8185

This is a spin-off of another thread. I searched, but found some threads that include the cheaper drugstore conditioners, and would prefer the high-end suggestions only (keracare, mizani, etc.). I would like you all to suggest some high-end deep conditioners that you all use with the following qualities:
  • must be a moisturizing conditioner
  • specify in the directions that it is to be used for more than 5 minutes
  • contain little or no protein (or protein that is low in the list of ingredients)
  • you don't have to add anything (oils, honey, etc.) for it to work better
I usually dc with dominican conditioners, but I have some extra money.... :look: I'm looking to try some new things for the new year, and wanna start my search now. (If you can include where you can get it, that would be great!!)

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

mona_cherie

I mix Aveda Damage Remedy conditioner with aveda Cherry Almond Bark (which they are discontinuing). This was the most moisturizing conditioner I have ever used.

kiesha8185

Thanks a lot! I'm also considering getting the Sap Moss line, which I heard is very moisturizing as well.

mango387

This is a spin-off of another thread. I searched, but found some threads that include the cheaper drugstore conditioners, and would prefer the high-end suggestions only (keracare, mizani, etc.). I would like you all to suggest some high-end deep conditioners that you all use with the following qualities:
  • must be a moisturizing conditioner
  • specify in the directions that it is to be used for more than 5 minutes
  • contain little or no protein (or protein that is low in the list of ingredients)
  • you don't have to add anything (oils, honey, etc.) for it to work better
I usually dc with dominican conditioners, but I have some extra money.... :look: I'm looking to try some new things for the new year, and wanna start my search now. (If you can include where you can get it, that would be great!!)

Thanks so much!

I'm saying this for you and myself. Save that extra money.
WATCH AS MANGO387 RESTRAINS HERSELF

gymfreak336

Joico moisture recovery line is good
aveda brillant is good, I have only used it once and only had a tiny sample; others here like Sareca and brownie love it though

kiesha8185

Joico moisture recovery line is good
aveda brillant is good, I have only used it once and only had a tiny sample; others here like Sareca and brownie love it though

Thanks for the rec on joico, I'll look up the ingredients in those.

How did you get samples of Aveda Brilliant, of you don't mind me asking?

kiesha8185

Thanks so much for the recommendations, ladies. I wonder if Elucence is one? I've never seen them being sold in any beauty supply store.

Leslie_C

Design Essentials 6 in 1 is really good, but hard to find bc its supposed to be sold only to cosmetologists...I had found a site that sold it in a liter bottle but that was saved on my old computer that crashed.

Im not sure if you consider Salerm professional but I used to buy it from salons...their wheat germ mask is nice.

mzhotniz86

Thanx 4 making this thread. this is kinda what i was askin in the other thread about con. im trying to find out as well what are the real deep con. my stylist sometimes uses one on us called "straight request" its a deep conditioner that she leaves on us for about 10 minutes or more.and when she washed out it was very easy for her to detangle me. every once in awhile i would sneak and feel my hair under my cap while under the dryer and my hair felt really soft. so i figure it is a moisturizing con. i believe you can order it online.

mzhotniz86

Thanks so much for the recommendations, ladies. I wonder if Elucence is one? I've never seen them being sold in any beauty supply store.

i believe if you on Elucence website, they have a section that lists distributors/ stores/salons that sell the Elucence line. i had found one in my city a long time ago (but never went ...im lazy)

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Joico Moisture Recovery is a great line! They have a separate deep moisturizer, but forgot the name.

Artemis

Kenra no longer gives samples, but their moisturizing conditioner is very nice :yep:

However, I'm gonna have to rep for my Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer. It's been a staple for yrs, even when I was natural. It has never let me down. I left it in overnight ONCE (first and last time) and it actually over-moisturized my hair (never happened to me before). It's yummy :lick: and I only need 15 minutes with it :grin:

Oh, and Joico's Moisture Recovery line has a Treatment balm and lotion to choose from. The Daily Care line also has a moisturizing deep conditioner but I haven't tried it yet. And the K-pak line has a moisture conditioner called Instense Hydrator or something like that.

Salon-quality deep conditioners are my thing :sekret:

Barbara

Princess
Verifen Complex Advance Conditioning Treatment. You don't have to add any oil, honey, glycerin, etc., or anything to it. Check out the website at www.hairoil.com.

kiesha8185

Kenra no longer gives samples, but their moisturizing conditioner is very nice :yep:

However, I'm gonna have to rep for my Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer. It's been a staple for yrs, even when I was natural. It has never let me down. I left it in overnight ONCE (first and last time) and it actually over-moisturized my hair (never happened to me before). It's yummy :lick: and I only need 15 minutes with it :grin:

Oh, and Joico's Moisture Recovery line has a Treatment balm and lotion to choose from. The Daily Care line also has a moisturizing deep conditioner but I haven't tried it yet. And the K-pak line has a moisture conditioner called Instense Hydrator or something like that.

Salon-quality deep conditioners are my thing :sekret:

Thanks so much for your advice. I called Kenra, and they said they don't give out samples anymore, but Keracare is sending me some samples. Can't wait!

beana

silk2 moistec conditoner... THE most moisturizing conditioner Ive ever used. I oreder mine from sheldeez