Sareca ..... Need a little more help on the Red Palm Creme

amr501 said:
That looks amazing Sareca! :eek:
I am soo gonna be trying this......off to study your techniques.

Thanks. :) Hubby was mad when he figured out it wasn't dessert.
essen_1.gif
:mad:

:lachen:

sareca said:
:yay: I'm glad you're excited. I hate to sound like a nike commerical but "just do it."

This recipe is easier than making meringue. It takes longer but the process is identical but not nearly as picky as eggs about whipping up. I whip mine a few times over a couple of days so that it's extra smooth and extra creamy and extra light. That is NOT a requirement either, but it does add that wow-factor to the finished product.
Just want to give a special shout out to Sareca.

I think this is SO great. What you're doing is helping to empower us to make our OWN products for US. Now we can make our products and put it in our hair, in our baby's hair, in our grandmother's hair without worrying about potential side effects and putting money in 'the others' pockets.

And disclosing recipes doens't necessarily mean you can't do a side hustle, cuz quite frankly, I a'int got time to be making too many batches of this stuff, but I know that I can if I want to.

sareca said:
000_2094-vi.jpg

My lastest version. It absorbs into the hair much faster than my previous version.

Sareca, you really need to start selling this stuff. It looks so yummy and moisturizing. I wish I could get my hands on some of this stuff. I know my hair would love it :sad:

mochamadness said:
Sareca, you really need to start selling this stuff. It looks so yummy and moisturizing. I wish I could get my hands on some of this stuff. I know my hair would love it :sad:

Erm, yeah! ;) There are millions of heads of hair JUST in what we know as the Black community. Not everyone feels like mixing and measuring and whipping and what not. Perhaps they'd rather spend their time knitting or writing or whatever.

I make stuff AND I purchase stuff that I could make or duplicate myself. Just depends on my mood and my wallet's disposition.

I think Sareca's got a Henna How To booklet and some Henna kits in her too! :grin:

p1

patient1 said:
Erm, yeah! ;) There are millions of heads of hair JUST in what we know as the Black community. Not everyone feels like mixing and measuring and whipping and what not. Perhaps they'd rather spend their time knitting or writing or whatever.

I make stuff AND I purchase stuff that I could make or duplicate myself. Just depends on my mood and my wallet's disposition.

I think Sareca's got a Henna How To booklet and some Henna kits in her too! :grin:

p1

Exactly!!! And even if I did go out and get all of the ingredients, I just know mines wouldn't come out looking as good as hers :(

patient1 said:

p1

But the recipe's so easy. *shakes head* *sighs* *pouts* Really, I'm working on selling it. I'm testing and perfecting the recipe now. Selling henna is a great idea! I should sell henna. Lord knows I have enough of it. I also make jewelry. I've been dying to sell that for years and years.

I used to have a henna FAQ for relaxed heads in my fotki.

000_21111-vi.jpg

I didn't make this one. I don't have any of mine. I gave 'em all away. I brought this one on my honeymoon and figured out how to make it. It's a real fern leaf dipped in 14k gold. I found somebody who sells the leaves and I can make the rest.

Last edited:
BeyondBlessed said:
does lecithin emulsify waters and oil?

Can you tell me what this does anyone please?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lecithin is an emulsifier, thickener, stabilizer, mild preservative, moisturizer, and emollient. :yep: [/FONT]

sareca said:
But the recipe's so easy. *shakes head* *sighs* *pouts*

Selling henna is a great idea! I should sell henna. Lord knows I have enough of it. I also make jewelry. I've been dying to sell that for years and years.

000_21111-vi.jpg

I didn't make this one. I don't have any of mine. I gave 'em all away. I brought this one on my honeymoon and figured out how to make it. It's a real fern leaf dipped in 14k gold. I found somebody who sells the leaves and I can make the rest.

Really, I'm working on selling it. I'm testing and perfecting recipe now.

Amazing the talent you have.....matthew 25:25;)

XXXtacy said:
Amazing the talent you have.....matthew 25:25;)
:lachen:I'll be standing there talking about, I tried to give the recipe away they wouldn't take it. :lachen:

Last edited:
sareca said:
Ladies you don't have to have all the ingredients to make a whipped butter cream. The bare minimums are oil, a hard butter, emu oil, and lecithin. If you have those you can make any kinda of cream just by beating it with a hand mixer over an ice bath. It might take 2-3 minutes but it will eventually come together and the lecithin and emu oil will help it stay there. You can make a mango & alma cream, a kemi oyl & illipe butter cream, a shea and grapeseed oil... pick whatever oils your hair likes and use your imagination.

Lecithin is a natural perservative but add a few drops of vitamin e oil too (4 drops/lb).

If you want to add silk, honeyquat, etc... add them after you've melted and mixed all the oils/butter together, but before the ice bath. The butter and oil should be about 50-50%. It's just that simple.

Start today. Use whatever's in the house. If you don't have emu oil and lecithin make sure you add vitamin e (or another perservative). Your mix will probably separate after a few days (kinda like peanut butter does) that's ok, just stir it up and keep on truckin'. :yep: Somehow I made mine complicated, but that is certainly NOT a requirement. This should be a nice easy mix that's tailor made for YOUR hair.
1.gif
1.gif

11.gif
You are awesome!!!
11.gif
11.gif

sareca said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lecithin is an emulsifier, thickener, stabilizer, mild preservative, moisturizer, and emollient. :yep: [/FONT]
Thank you! I'm not making your product I'm trying to make my own to something I like but am allegric too and I was wondering if lecitin was what I thought it was. Thank you.

Sareca,

Thanks (always) for all your useful info and giving nature! :kiss: I got the PM, not sure if I thanked you yet, so if not....THANK YOU!!

I've got a question on the lecithin. Is it food grade or is there a distinction between what you would use for cosmetics and what you would get from Vitamin Shop? I found some at Vitamin Shop but don't want to open it if it is not suitable.

Thanks in advance! My mom and I are playing in the kitchen this weekend! :yay:

That looks so good and the ingredients sound really good too.

Yes, yes, yes,---when u start selling it (hopefully soon :look:) let us know b/c I want to try it. Hey, even if u sell samples---let me know!! (don't have any time to try and whip it up)

Think about ur hair sisters!:lol: I want APL too! (*pout*):lol:

Hi Sareca,

Could I have the recipe too? I tried to find it in your fotki - but I couldn't. Or, even better - could you make some for me - PLEASE!

Thanks,
jayjay

I have some sitting and cooling now. I cant wait to see how it turns out! Thanks Sareca!!

VWVixxen said:
Sareca,

Thanks (always) for all your useful info and giving nature! :kiss: I got the PM, not sure if I thanked you yet, so if not....THANK YOU!!

I've got a question on the lecithin. Is it food grade or is there a distinction between what you would use for cosmetics and what you would get from Vitamin Shop? I found some at Vitamin Shop but don't want to open it if it is not suitable.

Thanks in advance! My mom and I are playing in the kitchen this weekend! :yay:

Food grade is typically superior. I use food grade products whenever possible. Go for it.

Last edited:
FYI, I've been experimenting with using it as a leave-in conditioner (no Eqyss, just poo and red palm cream) and it's holdin' its own. :yep:

Last edited:
Jas123 said:
I wanna pm too..I have a big ole jar of red palm oil that I have know idea what to do with..so if I can use it up I would be ever so happy.

ETA: Sareca, that new picture in your siggy has me cracking up..with your eyes blurred out you look like a soul-less, demon child..LOL..love dem twist

My husband said the exact same thing! I've switched back to the black box. :look:

I just got back from visiting my relatives for the 4th and my auntie went on and on about how soft it made her hair. :blush:

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus begging you to sell this stuff, at least to us on LHCF!!!! There's no way I'll find the time to make this stuff, and mine would proly come out all jacked up anyway. I'd gladly buy a jar or 12 from you! You'd be saving me time and I'd be giving you money! What could be better? Think of it as a public service!!!

joyousnerd said:
Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus begging you to sell this stuff, at least to us on LHCF!!!! There's no way I'll find the time to make this stuff, and mine would proly come out all jacked up anyway. I'd gladly buy a jar or 12 from you! You'd be saving me time and I'd be giving you money! What could be better? Think of it as a public service!!!

I give up. You'll be able to buy some in August or September of this year. It does take a while and a little money to collect all the ingredients and like p1 says not everybody want to spend hours cookin' up a hair cream. So for those of you that aren't mixologists paypal will work. :)

Last edited:
sareca said:
I give up. You'll be able to buy some in August or September of this year. It does take a while and a little money to collect all the ingredients. So for those of you that aren't mixologist. Paypal will work. :)

See sweetie this is why you are so AWESOME!:bouncy: :kiss2: :notworthy

sareca said:
I give up. You'll be able to buy some in August or September of this year. It does take a while and a little money to collect all the ingredients. So for those of you that aren't mixologist. Paypal will work. :)

:kisses: :band2: :bouncegre :bouncy:

Yay!! I can not wait!! I was JUST online trying to see about getting some good ingredients--and gave up b/c I don't have the time (or desire:look: ) right now to try and make it.

Counting down the days......
and deposting in my paypal account:)

000_2227-vi.jpg

Latest version. I've tweaked the recipe and the ingredients a little. I'm thrilled with this version.

Sareca thanks for all your help. Mine came out like a charm!!! (and i love it!!):notworthy

Back