Scarf Method is the *TRUTH* to stretching

Isis

nvybeauty said:
Isis said:
I would love to know MizaniMami's method but her album isn't available for now.[/quote]

I checked out her album last night. Go to it and see....unless she changed it between now and then.
I don't know her fotki link or password. In her profile she says she's in the hide yor hair challenge so it isn't there (unless I pm her). I'll respect her privacy.

envybeauty

Isis said:
nvybeauty said:
I don't know her fotki link or password. In her profile she says she's in the hide yor hair challenge so it isn't there (unless I pm her). I'll respect her privacy.

In her profile, it says that she was hiding her hair until December. The link to her fotki in her profile. I think she released it (and just didn't update her LHCF profile) because: 1) it is now February and past December and 2) now you don't need a password to view her fotki.

Isis

nvybeauty said:
Isis said:
In her profile, it says that she was hiding her hair until December. The link to her fotki in her profile. I think she released it (and just didn't update her LHCF profile) because: 1) it is now February and past December and 2) now you don't need a password to view her fotki.
Thank you Nvybeauty! I'll check this out.:)

Leonora

I've been caring for my own hair for years and I am still learning new things - thank goodness. I for one, learned a lot from Sylver2's tips and Fotki page and I am slowly implementing them each week with excellent results. I may be able to reduce my touch-ups to 2x a year with the silk scarf method.

I have submitted an email to the site administrator on nominating Sylver2 as a "Feature of the Month" as is evident from this thread alone, a lot of us have learned something from Sylver2's hair care regimen.

Now I'm off to do my protein treatment - which by the way, I got from this site's Recipe board. It is the best for norishing my dry hair. :woot:

envybeauty

Leonora said:
I may be able to reduce my touch-ups to 2x a year with the silk scarf method.

This is my goal....and I'm in the process of accomplishing that using this method. Six months without a perm.

Leonora said:
I have submitted an email to the site administrator on nominating Sylver2 as a "Feature of the Month" as is evident from this thread alone, a lot of us have learned something from Sylver2's hair care regimen.

I totally support that!!

natstar

Just to add- I just started using a scarf for my natural hair and it works in flattening the thicknessand smoothing. This past weekend I put my hair is some large damp twists after washing that tied a scarf around tight. After it dried a bit, I took off the scarf and undid the twists. I'm am able to wear my buns w/a flatter look now-no more hump.

facets

natstar said:
Just to add- I just started using a scarf for my natural hair and it works in flattening the thicknessand smoothing. This past weekend I put my hair is some large damp twists after washing that tied a scarf around tight. After it dried a bit, I took off the scarf and undid the twists. I'm am able to wear my buns w/a flatter look now-no more hump.
:yay: I was just wondering about the scarf technique and natural hair... Can't wait until mine is long enough to try this.

Grow hair grow! :bouncegre

yellagirl730

I am very new to LHCF, I am currently have natural hair that I wear in twists most of the time, right now it is pressed, but would like to know where I could find info on the "scarf" technique, thanks in advance for any response

envybeauty

yellagirl730 said:
I am very new to LHCF, I am currently have natural hair that I wear in twists most of the time, right now it is pressed, but would like to know where I could find info on the "scarf" technique, thanks in advance for any response

welcome!! search for "mizanimami" and look up her membership profile on LHCF using search feature. then check out her fotki website and it will show you her scarf method.

Leonora

If you are referring to the bump on the top of your head, don't knock it, work with it. Didn't you know...that is the "style" c-h-y-l. ;-)

Leonora

If you are referring to the bump on the top of your head, don't knock it, work with it. Didn't you know...that is the "style" c-h-y-l. ;-)