My SATIN SCARF MetHOD..Detailed

sylver2

Hey all, I recently received a lot of PM's asking me to go into detail on my Satin Scarf Method, which I use during stretching my Relaxer.
I am currently 18 Weeks Post. This Method is the bomb for me. It is helping me stretch my relaxer as long as I can.
I described it in detail and added pic by pic.
Its in my Fokti, in Post relaxer Journey album on page 2.
I hope others can benefit from this as well.

senimoni

Thanks for the tips. I do something similar...but I'm not dealing with 16 weeks of new growth. How long are you stretching for?

Isis

Wow! I just had yet another enjoyable experience in your album! Thank you so much Sylver2 - you are helping a lot of people!

vangrey

hey sylver :wave:
you know i was going to ask you to do a step by step but i was like let me leave her alone... cuz i had asked you a ? already. but thanks girl!!! :kiss:

lexi08

Thanks for posting your method Sylver. I have the products you use, I'll have to try this method. Great pics and instructions.

Nyambura

surfer girl
Thank you, Sylver2, for sharing! I especially like the no-combing part (and your hair is so pretty!) I'm going to have to try this out. :)

tryn2growmyhair

Nyambura said:
Thank you, Sylver2, for sharing! I especially like the no-combing part (and your hair is so pretty!) I'm going to have to try this out. :)
Thanks for sharing, Silver. I really liked this. By the way, what is the no combing part? I think that I missed this.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Thanks! I do this everynight also. Similar tip from SouthernGirl! It definitely works!

ElizaBlue

Thanks so much, I will try this. But maybe my hair is beyond 4b I just don't see how I would be able to get it in order to even put the scarf on without some type of combing or other manipulation.

sylver2

senimoni said:
Thanks for the tips. I do something similar...but I'm not dealing with 16 weeks of new growth. How long are you stretching for?

Hey, I'm stretching to either 25 or 26 weeks.

sylver2

tryn2growmyhair said:
Thanks for sharing, Silver. I really liked this. By the way, what is the no combing part? I think that I missed this.

The only time I would comb it is while conditioner is in it under running water in shower. At this time I would part it in style I want and let water run over it. I get out do the entire scarf thing and won't have to comb my hair for the rest of the week until my next washing. I wear the scarf before I go to sleep, wake up in morning, take scarf off and just go. Repeat every day. no combing, no manipulation, no nothing.

RabiaElaine

Wow Sylver thanks!!

How does that bonnet stay on your head all night:eek: ?? Maybe it's just that I'm a wild sleeper but somehow I don't think it would stay for me. do you recurl your ends at night or do you just leave them hanging in the bonnet?? If you do leave them hanging do they look crushed in the morning?

My hair is MUCH shorter than yours but I think I'm going to try this at about 6 or 7 weeks post relaxer and see how it turns out, (I'll have to cheat on my dominican regimen a little bit ;) ). When I do it I will try to post pics as well so that ladies with short hair can see how it turned out for me.

Once again thanks for this inspiration to stretch.

Porsche19

Are you sure that you have 4a/4b hair?

I have 3c/4a hair and that method will make my hair straighter, but not straight. I'd have little waves at the roots that you'd really have to look closely to see, but that isn't going to straighten my unrelaxed hair.

tryn2growmyhair

Porsche19 said:
Are you sure that you have 4a/4b hair?
LOL! You read my mind. That is what I was thinking too. I love the techniques that you described Sylver but I have type 4a/4b hair and there aint no way I could stretch to 24-26 weeks and still have hair on my head. I know a number of women on this board do this, but when I look down in their siggies they invariably have type 3 or even type 2 hair and probably wouldn't really need to be relaxing anyway if they did not want to.

tryn2growmyhair said:
I love the techniques that you described Sylver but I have type 4a/4b hair and there aint no way I could stretch to 24-26 weeks and still have hair on my head.

Ditto. I'd be one very bald lady. :lol: :ohwell:

L

LaNecia

Wow, I love the way that your hair turned out!! Very nice!!

I have a small silk scarf that I use in the morning to tame the edges and yes it does work like charm! Problem is that it's so small!! I've been to several stores locally looking for some - nothing! Went to the fabric store - NOTHING!

Ok, now I'm at Tender Headed.com

Thanks for sharing your success!

tryn2growmyhair

sylver2 said:
The only time I would comb it is while conditioner is in it under running water in shower. At this time I would part it in style I want and let water run over it. I get out do the entire scarf thing and won't have to comb my hair for the rest of the week until my next washing. I wear the scarf before I go to sleep, wake up in morning, take scarf off and just go. Repeat every day. no combing, no manipulation, no nothing.
I understand the part about not combing or manipulating the hair once it has been set, but do you not comb the hair as you are rolling it? Thanks in advance for your response.

Armyqt

sylver2 said:

I comb my hair in the shower as well. BUt I comb again when I get out. I guess I should say I DETANGLE in the shower. Doesn't your hair get tangled at the roots. Especially after you haven't combed for a week? And what about shedding at the next wash? I'd assume it would be alot more.

Thanks for sharing this technique. It's obviously working because your hair is gorgeous. I'm gonna give this a try as soon as my newgrwoth starts acting up. lol!

Cincysweetie

Whew girl, your album is blowing up!! Here's the message I got when I tried to peep your instructions:

Member's account has been blocked
Member's account has been blocked by the system due to exceeding its traffic limit.

We apologize, please try viewing this page later.

Guess I'll just have to try later but I'm not very patient! Would y'all leave her album alone already?! :lachen:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
sylver2, I have a question:
After you take the scarf off, how do you go about arranging your hair around the sides of your face? When I do this method and after I take the scarf off and try to arrange the hair on the sides to the sides of my face, the sides are straight while the back is curly (I have different lengths of hair). Should I put rollers on the sides of my hair instead of having the sides of my hair slicked down underneath the scarf? (I hope my question makes sense...)