My SATIN SCARF MetHOD..Detailed

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Cincysweetie said:
Whew girl, your album is blowing up!! Here's the message I got when I tried to peep your instructions:

Member's account has been blocked
Member's account has been blocked by the system due to exceeding its traffic limit.

We apologize, please try viewing this page later.

Guess I'll just have to try later but I'm not very patient! Would y'all leave her album alone already?! :lachen:

I got the same messege too Cincysweetie!! :(

ccd

Gosh Darn! too many viewers and I Can't see!!!!! waaahhh

I';ll be stalkin' ti; I get in :lachen:

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
LoL Sylver your scarf method must be off the chain b/c your fotki album is being blocked for exceeding the amount of views. I'm so sad:( ....I guess I have to wait until they put it back up for viewing.

sylver2

Porsche19 said:
Are you sure that you have 4a/4b hair?

I have 3c/4a hair and that method will make my hair straighter, but not straight. I'd have little waves at the roots that you'd really have to look closely to see, but that isn't going to straighten my unrelaxed hair.

I MOST Definately have 4a-b hair. No 3 anywhere in my hair..but oh how I wish.
Ever since I've been doing this stretching, people have been questioning my hair type. Thats the whole purpose of this scarf method. Without it I wouldn't be able to do anything with it, it would be like Brillo.

sylver2

tryn2growmyhair said:
I understand the part about not combing or manipulating the hair once it has been set, but do you not comb the hair as you are rolling it? Thanks in advance for your response.

Yup, thats what I mean. I comb to detangle while in shower. When I get out I comb thru leave in and sectin with fingers. I smooth NTM leave in on ends w/fingers, if its really nappy I'll run a small tooth comb over it so Set can come out smooth. And thats the last time I comb for the entire week.

sylver2

Armyqt said:
I comb my hair in the shower as well. BUt I comb again when I get out. I guess I should say I DETANGLE in the shower. Doesn't your hair get tangled at the roots. Especially after you haven't combed for a week? And what about shedding at the next wash? I'd assume it would be alot more.

Thanks for sharing this technique. It's obviously working because your hair is gorgeous. I'm gonna give this a try as soon as my newgrwoth starts acting up. lol!

After shower roots are combed thru with leave in.
During the week my roots are probably tangled as hell, but I don't fool with it. As long as my roots/new growth is laying down flat and smooth then its all good. I'm sure if I tried to run my fingers thru, my hair would laugh at me.
Yes, i do have a lot more shedding, but thats natural since I haven't combed or touched my hair all week.

sylver2

tryn2growmyhair said:
LOL! You read my mind. That is what I was thinking too. I love the techniques that you described Sylver but I have type 4a/4b hair and there aint no way I could stretch to 24-26 weeks and still have hair on my head. I know a number of women on this board do this, but when I look down in their siggies they invariably have type 3 or even type 2 hair and probably wouldn't really need to be relaxing anyway if they did not want to.

You have to try it. I thought I couldn't either and yes I most definately have 4a-b hair Mostly 4B. My hair twin is Isis. She wears her hair the way mine would look if I don't constantly straighten or satin scarf it.

sylver2

Poohbear said:
sylver2, I have a question:
After you take the scarf off, how do you go about arranging your hair around the sides of your face? When I do this method and after I take the scarf off and try to arrange the hair on the sides to the sides of my face, the sides are straight while the back is curly (I have different lengths of hair). Should I put rollers on the sides of my hair instead of having the sides of my hair slicked down underneath the scarf? (I hope my question makes sense...)

Yup, it makes sense I know exactly what your talking about. It happens to me sometimes.
I usually take the front two sides and smooth down with ntm and roll them into a bantu knot. Sit back under dryer and they are wavy/curly like the rest of hair. I didn't have to do it last nite becasue it came out perfect.

Jenai

Thanks for posting the scarf method, Sylver. :)

Your album is still blocked. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.:lol:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
sylver2 said:
Yup, it makes sense I know exactly what your talking about. It happens to me sometimes.
I usually take the front two sides and smooth down with ntm and roll them into a bantu knot. Sit back under dryer and they are wavy/curly like the rest of hair. I didn't have to do it last nite becasue it came out perfect.

that makes sense to do bantu knots to get it wavy/curly. thanks for the tip. :up:

sylver2

RabiaElaine said:
Wow Sylver thanks!!

How does that bonnet stay on your head all night:eek: ?? Maybe it's just that I'm a wild sleeper but somehow I don't think it would stay for me. do you recurl your ends at night or do you just leave them hanging in the bonnet?? If you do leave them hanging do they look crushed in the morning?

I just leave my ends hanging in bonnet. They look the same way when I wake up. Even when my hair is straight, the bonnet doesn't bother it.

LovelyL8E

Hi sylver2, I tried you method this morning and my hair came out great. Your hair is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!!:wave:

ccd

Hey there! I saw your method and it looks soooo great!!! I will definitely try this! Your hair comes out look wonderful everyway!!!!
Thanks for sharing

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I finally got in!! Yay!

Now seeing the pics I know what I was doing wrong. Thanks for posting this. It helped a lot!! Your hair looks awesome!

sylver2

dontspeakdefeat said:
I finally got in!! Yay!

Now seeing the pics I know what I was doing wrong. Thanks for posting this. It helped a lot!! Your hair looks awesome!

Hey girl, thanks so much.
I was all in your album last night.:grin: They got the RIGHT person to advise Newcomer growing out club.

sylver2

LovelyL8E said:
Hi sylver2, I tried you method this morning and my hair came out great. Your hair is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!!:wave:

OMG!! I am soooo happy it worked well for someone.:)
Thank you:)

@ CCD
Thanks girl:kiss:
Let me know soon as you try it. Hope it comes out right for you. Fingers crossing

tryn2growmyhair

sylver2 said:
You have to try it. I thought I couldn't either and yes I most definately have 4a-b hair Mostly 4B. My hair twin is Isis. She wears her hair the way mine would look if I don't constantly straighten or satin scarf it.
Thanks so much for both of your tips, Sylver. You have beautiful hair. I will bookmark this and try this one of these days. Do you go to sleep with the rollers? If so, have you noticed any breakage? If not, I will definitely try this because it is much quicker than doing a straight up roller set. Thanks again for all of your advice.

Chichi

Looks like I could use this method at 8 weeks! That's when the growing gets rough...:lol: Thanks for sharing!
Chichi :bdance:

sylver2

tryn2growmyhair said:
Thanks so much for both of your tips, Sylver. You have beautiful hair. I will bookmark this and try this one of these days. Do you go to sleep with the rollers? If so, have you noticed any breakage? If not, I will definitely try this because it is much quicker than doing a straight up roller set. Thanks again for all of your advice.

Thanks girl:))
No, I would never sleep in rollers. For me thats just asking for breakage.

Jenai

Hey, thanks for posting your scarf method, Sylver. I will be trying this next wash day.

hottopic

Thanks SYLVER2....THANK YOU. I did your method today...and it came out ok...But this was my first attempt and I think I can strech my perm with this method. Thank you ...The results is in my album.....

MsKendra

wow I'm convinced! I truly admire you for being able to stretch so long!

I do have a question about your scarf. From what I can see it looks very similiar to my DH's wave cap. I know having the right scarf is key so I want to make sure I have a good one. Thanks in advance :D

Isis

MsKendra said:
wow I'm convinced! I truly admire you for being able to stretch so long!

I do have a question about your scarf. From what I can see it looks very similiar to my DH's wave cap. I know having the right scarf is key so I want to make sure I have a good one. Thanks in advance :D

I think Sylver is just wearing her regular satin scarf that way, in order to smooth down the new growth. I'm doing her method also, with a regular satin scarf from Sally's or my large silk scarf.

Ashee

sylver2 said:
Hey all, I recently received a lot of PM's asking me to go into detail on my Satin Scarf Method, which I use during stretching my Relaxer.
I am currently 18 Weeks Post. This Method is the bomb for me. It is helping me stretch my relaxer as long as I can.
I described it in detail and added pic by pic.
Its in my Fokti, in Post relaxer Journey album on page 2.
I hope others can benefit from this as well.

I don't see it... :cry3:
My bad... I FOUND IT!!! :grin:

Last edited: