Scriptural Promises Concerning False Witness or Truth

loolalooh

There are 7 promises from Scripture that I've been reading lately for encouragement. I want to add any promises concerning those who provide false witness against you or those who do what is right and tell the truth. Does anyone know of any? TIA.

momi

1 Peter 4:12-19

12 Beloved, do not be surprised at zthe fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice ainsofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad bwhen his glory is revealed. 14 cIf you are insulted dfor the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory2 and of God rests upon you. 15 But elet none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or fas a meddler. 16 Yet eif anyone suffers as a gChristian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God din that name. 17 For it is time for judgment hto begin at the household of God; and iif it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who jdo not obey the gospel of God? 18 And
k“If the righteous is scarcely saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”3
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.

loolalooh

1 Peter 4:12-19

12 Beloved, do not be surprised at zthe fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice ainsofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad bwhen his glory is revealed. 14 cIf you are insulted dfor the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory2 and of God rests upon you. 15 But elet none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or fas a meddler. 16 Yet eif anyone suffers as a gChristian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God din that name. 17 For it is time for judgment hto begin at the household of God; and iif it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who jdo not obey the gospel of God? 18 And
k“If the righteous is scarcely saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”3
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.

This is a really good one. Thank you, momi.

Bumping for more.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Matthew 19:18 ESV

He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,

John 8:44 ESV

He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Isaiah 54...

Every tongue that rises against you in judgement, you shall condemn.

mrselle

Proverbs 19:5

A false witness will not go unpunished, and whoever pours out lies will not go free.

I was reading this one just a few days ago

Provers 6:16-19

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

PinkPebbles

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

loolalooh

Matthew 19:18 ESV

He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,

John 8:44 ESV

He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Isaiah 54...

Every tongue that rises against you in judgement, you shall condemn.

Proverbs 19:5

A false witness will not go unpunished, and whoever pours out lies will not go free.

I was reading this one just a few days ago

Provers 6:16-19

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Thanks Shimmie, mrselle, and PinkPebbles!