Seaweed: Protein for hair growth

LongCurlyLocks

Since finding out that gelatin is a protein for hair growth my brain also allowed me to remember that seaweed is too. I remember hearing it on a health/excersise forum Oxygen. You can buy them in roll form or like spread. I never tried them because I was afraid of the taste. Have any of you ever tried it. I think one of my local health stores may have it.

Irresistible

also be careful when using seaweed , because it has tons of Iodine and can knock your thyroid all out of whack and make u very sick, just be sure its only done in moderation

winnettag

There's a member here that says she eats the seaweed strips like chips (can't remember who). I've been wanting to try it ever since. It tastes okay in my sushi, so why not?

PreciousPearl

Seaweed is a staple in my house. Eat roasted dry seaweed several times a week. Never notice any additional hair growth from eating it.

envybeauty

There's a member here that says she eats the seaweed strips like chips (can't remember who). I've been wanting to try it ever since. It tastes okay in my sushi, so why not?

see her post below. It is the dry roasted seaweed that can be eaten like chips..in that it is thin and crispy.

Seaweed is a staple in my house. Eat roasted dry seaweed several times a week. Never notice any additional hair growth from eating it.

I love seaweed!!! Ever since I found out it is high in iron (something I need), I eat seaweed every week. Sushi handrolls. Seaweed salad. Dry seasoned seaweed. I buy that stuff at Japanese stores and/or Stew Leonards. If I knew how to make seaweed salad, I would -- it is not cheap.

luckiestdestiny

You can get dried nori from wholefoods in the international foods aisle. It's a form of seaweed that can be eaten like chips. Japanese people do it all the time and don't seem to have any issues...but still monitor iodine, you don't want too much.

LongCurlyLocks

see her post below. It is the dry roasted seaweed that can be eaten like chips..in that it is thin and crispy.

I love seaweed!!! Ever since I found out it is high in iron (something I need), I eat seaweed every week. Sushi handrolls. Seaweed salad. Dry seasoned seaweed. I buy that stuff at Japanese stores and/or Stew Leonards. If I knew how to make seaweed salad, I would -- it is not cheap.

See, I need iron too but I'm afraid I'm not going to like it. I haven't been able to find it in stores here so I'm going to have to order it. I will think about it. I'm already doing the gelatin and spurillina.

Chameleonchick

I buy the nori, wakame, and kelp. I read that it makes your hair thick and lusious like a "mermaid" been eating it for a couple months.

empressri

darling, you can buy the seaweed salad already premade! at the korean market it was in the frozen section of the store and it was a HUGE pack, like 20 or more ounces. that's where i get all of my ingredients for my miso soup! and i buy gyoza. i eat the strips of nori but use wakame in the miso soup.

Crushed dulse is also really good and easy to add to all foods. I got it for 2.65 @ my local HFS. Sea weed comes in a variety of text and flavor. I have both pwdr and flakes. I love it and it have a host of benefits.

HTH
BC

adw425

A little over four weeks ago a colleague offered me some seaweed to snack on and my body immediately started craving it. I love it and my body loves. I eat either three little packs a day or one 7x10 pack (five sheets). Every few days, I will skip a day or two... I do try to be careful what I post on the forum and I encourage people to do their own research, but I love the stuff...I have done the research and read about being careful of the iodine content, but Asian folks at my job consume even more than I do and I have not noticed any ill effects at all. My hair has been thriving since discovering this board in 2005, but two days ago, I really looked at my hair and it is looking extra lush. I haven't done anything different except added seaweed to my diet and that was accidental because after that first taste, my body just craved it....

Last edited:

ladytee2

I had a coworker introduce me to sushi a few months ago and I love it. Can someone post a picture or link for the sheets you eat for a snack?

adw425

Here you go... The containers are .2 ounces (point two ounces) and there are 10 sheets to a container. There are three containers to a pack. The containers are three inches wide by four inches each. The larger packs are 9 x 12 and contain five sheets to a pack - .56 ounces. They come in single packs. Whole Foods has those packs for over $5.00. Sevananda here in Atlanta has them for $2.59, but I found them at the DeKalb's Farmer's Market for 99 cent a pack and bought 20 of them. I had already bought 10 of the below at the Asian Market though, so I have 300 small sheets and 100 larger sheets. That will last me a month...

Attachments

• seaweed.jpg
    seaweed.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

RossBoss

Not interested in seaweed for hair growth, rather for skin benefits. What does seaweed actually taste like? I get nauseous just thinking about eating it. lol

libertysince05

it depends, sometimes its seasoned.
in miso soup it tastes like vegetables, like greens.
It worth trying...i eat it often and havent noticed an improvement on my hair....

Aggie

I jsut started taking it in kelp form about a month ago. I'll monitor it and see how my hair turns out in about 6 months or more.