Sebastian colourshines?

happyyogi

Hello everyone. I was wondering if any of you have ever tried "Sebastian Colourshines" as a rinse? I have read a little about it and it seems to be what I am looking for as for a healthy,shiny color (rinse). I want to know if it works well on African American hair and would you recommend me trying it. It's pretty costly, so I would like a few suggestions first. Thanks a bunch! Also,if you may have anymore suggestions as far as a great color rinse, PLEASE let me know! Thanks again.

Lucia

Well I tried the clear one a while ago and it did give a sheen, but you shoud really page Tracy the colorshines guru.
hth

G

I tried it and I will be the first to say, don't waste your money. It's messy, doesn't last long and made my hair all tangled and snarled in the rinse. In the words of those guys on IN LIVING COLOR, "Hated it!!!"

soslychic

I'm interested in knowing what everones favorite clear rinse is too. Which lasts the longest and produces the greatest shine?

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
happyyogi said:
Thanks! Well, have anyone tried the "Beautiful Collection by Clarol"?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have (the rinse not the permanent one). It's a good product, imo. You can purchase it at Sally Beauty Supply.

Tracy

I'm a big time advocate of rinses on the hair and my favorite of all time is Colorshines. Obviously, you'll have to use what works best for you - but I have used it many times (that's putting it mildly
) over past few years and I can say that on my hair it was a wonderful investment - well worth the money not only from an appearance standpoint, but a health standpoint as well.

miss_a

Sorry, I am not a huge fan of colourshines (then again, I did use the clear). If I were you, I would opt for something with a little colour to it. However, I am a huge fan of Dudley's rinses--especially the Matador Red. I cannot quit raving about the Oxford Dictionary "bling bling" of my hair after using Matador Red.

And I still have to say thank you to Tracy for passing on the knowledge of rinses--rinses coupled w/ protective styling has really made a difference in the feel/slip of my hair.

A.

Tracy

Whatever rinse you used Missa - I'm glad it helped....

We all have our favs - but I think, whichever you choose, they are an excellent way to "condition" and protect the hair shaft and they all have the capacity to do that to some degree...

Happy as a clam to be of assistance.

ms_kenesha

Re: Sebastian colourshines? ATTN Tracy

What color is your favorite colourshine? Right now the Sebastian website is under construction so I can't even access it!

happyyogi

Hey Tracy or anyone else who may know! Where do you usually purchase your Sebastian colorshine? I can seem to only find it over the Internet. Then, after the shipping and stuff...well it's kinda HIGH! Thanks

SexyGyrlNY

I have used Sebastians Colourshines every so often and I have loved my results each time (thanks again Tracy!). I like Caramela , am a dark hair lover so I have tried it in Coffebean, Black Orchid and just recently purchased the clear one....

kinikini

I use the Colourshines in Ginger (with a little Golden Walnut mixed in) and it gives my dark brown hair a reddish-gold hue. You see the highlights really well in direct light along with the incredible gloss. Colourshines are a must try! I buy mine at my local beauty Supply Store.

Miosy

I have been using Colour shines for years and I love it. I usually use Reddismo and Redality and I love the color, it gives me a reddish-organge tone. It usually last 3 months.

I don't recall seeing Colourshines by Sebastian at Sally's
We are talking about Colourshine by Cellophanes?

I usually buy mine at a local beauty supply store that has a lot of products that they should not be selling if you know what I mean. It normally cost me 20 dollars but it last me a long time.

I saw it on this website for 25 bucks but shipping is 7 so it will be pricey.

http://www.ignkeywords.com/keyword/keyword.aspx?pid=44&v=6.0&rs=0&keyword=|~Qb`fqskfl,ub`tksg,

Kaela

Here is a beauty supply that explains the base hues for all the shades. I have never ordered from them but this is very useful if you aren't sure what a shade might look like Colourshines

Britt

How many applications are in one bottle? My hair is kinda short, how long does one bottle last?

cutebajangirl

For you a looong time. The bottle is either 16 or 24 ounces. It took me forever to get rid of it. Can you tell I didn't liek it ?

Britt

NYC ladies,
I just saw clear colorshines at Ricky's right across the street from BBQs for $26.99. Im glad I found it !

Country gal

I tried the Cinnamon Colorshine. It was really a pretty color on my hair. Thanks Tracy for the suggestion. I may try the ginger next.

MiaLi

sbaker I also tried Cinnamon recently. I tried Ginger a few months ago and liked it a lot. Give it a try!

zora

I just had the walnut color. It's beautiful!!! I think the next time I'll mix in a little ginger to show off the highlights.

kinikini, can you post your pic, so I can see your color.

MoezThunder

[ QUOTE ]
SexyGyrlNY said:
I have used Sebastians Colourshines every so often and I have loved my results each time (thanks again Tracy!). I like Caramela , am a dark hair lover so I have tried it in Coffebean, Black Orchid and just recently purchased the clear one....

[/ QUOTE ] I've colored my hair with Bigen oriental black. Do you think SC will still give me good color results?

kinikini

[ QUOTE ]
zora said:
I just had the walnut color. It's beautiful!!! I think the next time I'll mix in a little ginger to show off the highlights.

kinikini, can you post your pic, so I can see your color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zora -- Let me take a good shot of it one of these days and post it up on the boards...

Tracy

Similar? Yes...

As long lasting as Bigen? No.

Better in the sense it's better FOR the hair. Not as good in the sense that it won't be indelible like Bigen.

If you're used to Oriental Black Bigen I'd go with Black Orchid for the same blue based tone.

MoezThunder

Tracy, I was really wanting something with reds, golds and browns in it. I haven't colored with Bigen in a few months and I just want a warm overtone to the black

Tracy

Reds, Golds, Browns....

Warm overtone...

That'll be hard to do...but you could try Mahoghani (a red brown) Cinnamon (a deep coppery red) or Ginger ( a lighter golden red).

All add will an overtone of some kind, but I think the latter two are more likely to give warmth you're looking for. I know just what you mean.
Anything with a brown may just give you "dark" and you mayn't see the warmer tones as well.

You'll have to experiment a little (which is safe to do with rinses - they shuld be gone for the most part in 5-6 weeks). REALLY dark colors are hard to add anything to, you can, but it takes some trying sometimes.

HTH

chynnadoll425

Tracy, what color(s) rince would you suggest if my permanent color is a reddish-gold and my natural is dark brown? I'm trying to grow the color out without putting a permanent color in. I've been told to do so safely, I should just add rinses to my hair and trim ends until the color is gone. HELP!!

Country gal

I may consider mixing rinses. I just bought the cinnamon color shine. Saved my self $20 off my next salon visit since my dresser charges $20 for the rinse. I can get the rinse for $24 at my local beauty supply store. When the rinses wears off my hair , I am left with light brown streaks. I am thinking of adding gold to the color.

cardinalfire

I have heard anticdotally that the process works alot better on freshly shampooed/clarified hair. Probably bonds to the hair better. When my hair was relaxed, I did the clear rinse with Clariol Jazzing. I didn't think much of it, the cuticle did seems slightly smoother. However, when I saw pics of my hair--it was like POW blinding shine.