Section Of Hair Different Texture

H0tPinkButtafly

A section of hair in the front left of head is a different texture. It's straighter than the rest of the hair. I read that it can be due to hormone changes. So my question is, if it were due to hormone changes, would it be the whole head or just a section change?

overtherainbow

I don't know specifics but my hair texture changed due to hormones when I was a teenager. The change was throughout my entire head, not a specific spot. Hormones can do some crazy stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if it could create an "off patch".

sikora

A section of hair in the front left of head is a different texture. It's straighter than the rest of the hair. I read that it can be due to hormone changes. So my question is, if it were due to hormone changes, would it be the whole head or just a section change?

I am experiencing this as well (top front center for me). I had a Komaza hair analysis done and she told me that my "off" section will always be an indicator of if something is not 100% right internally. I was advised that when the internal issue is resolved, that section will begin growing like the rest of my hair.

Unfortunately my doctor refuses to give me a copy of my blood test unless I pay another copay. I have to go in there and do what I can to get a copy of my lab results so I can see exactly what they test or don't test for. I'll definitely be switching doctors for this year's physical.

theRaven

I am experiencing this as well (top front center for me). I had a Komaza hair analysis done and she told me that my "off" section will always be an indicator of if something is not 100% right internally. I was advised that when the internal issue is resolved, that section will begin growing like the rest of my hair.

Unfortunately my doctor refuses to give me a copy of my blood test unless I pay another copay. I have to go in there and do what I can to get a copy of my lab results so I can see exactly what they test or don't test for. I'll definitely be switching doctors for this year's physical.
Mmmmm thanks for this post. The Komaza test sounds wonderful and extremely informative.

To the OP I think it might be hormonal as well.