Seeking direct answer about Miconozole Nitrate MN

CourtneyD

Hey, sisters! I have searched the forum for a few hours with no success to my questions about Miconozole Nitrate (MN). If you use this product, can you help with these questions: :drunk:

Question 1: How long did you use this product before you stopped (if you did stop)? There are a lot of posts about how long a person used it before seeing results, but I'm really interested in knowing HOW LONG did you use the product, period. Three months? One Year? etc.

Question 2: Many stop because of headaches or cost, but if you stopped and it wasn't because of these reasons, why did you stop?

Question 3: For those that have used it long-term, does the rapid growth rate continue?

Question: How come there aren't a lot of postings of final results/ before and after pics of folks who love this product? Everyone joins the band wagon, but where are the end results? Did they lose their hair? Did they get sick? Or did they grow a coochie on their head or something? :lachen:And if they did grow one, is that a good thing? LOL! Hit me back!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Q2: I stopped b/c of pure laziness, I am not into parting my hair and applying stuff daily or so many times per week.

I dont think you see too many pics of MN growth b/c most ppl dont use it alone. They may be taking vits, OCT, MTG, and etc......
Our member Tasha had great growth with it.

happylife

q1. i only tried it 4 a few weeks or so. i was very random about it. i mixed it with some bc castor oil and put it onto my scalp 2-3x / wk.

q2. i never had even a hint of a headache or even a tingle. i used target's store brand (up and up) i think it was only 3 bucks and some change.

q3. i get too busy to follow any routines these days. when i try something new ( and appyling mn 2 my scalp was new 4 me), i always have the best intentions on being persistant with my practices. never pans out that way though. so this question is n/a for me.

last q: very good question....i haven't tried mn since 8/09 or 9/09. i do think i gained a little length in the back but my already thin temples seemed to get thinner while using this. but to be totally fair about this, i am taking some pretty tough classes this year and there is MAJOR stress attached to that. it would be very appropriate to say that the thinning came from stress too.

thanks 4 asking these questions op!!!!! great questions!!!!

Last edited:

happylife

here is a before and after length check since i tried mn. one pic is from oct, the other is from august. hth a bit!

08/09:

10/09

Hey, sisters! I have searched the forum for a few hours with no success to my questions about Miconozole Nitrate (MN). If you use this product, can you help with these questions: :drunk:

Question 1: How long did you use this product before you stopped (if you did stop)? There are a lot of posts about how long a person used it before seeing results, but I'm really interested in knowing HOW LONG did you use the product, period. Three months? One Year? etc. I used this product on and off, so give or take maybe three to six months but less than one year.

Question 2: Many stop because of headaches or cost, but if you stopped and it wasn't because of these reasons, why did you stop? No I haven't stopped, I still use it, but sometimes I forget and so it sits there until I use it.

Question 3: For those that have used it long-term, does the rapid growth rate continue? I didn't get RAPID growth, but I did get growth, but I was using other oils with it too....and my first batch, I use OCT, Beemine, rosemary, etc......so the growth could be due to any one of those.

Question: How come there aren't a lot of postings of final results/ before and after pics of folks who love this product? Everyone joins the band wagon, but where are the end results? Did they lose their hair? Did they get sick? Or did they grow a coochie on their head or something? :lachen:And if they did grow one, is that a good thing? LOL! Hit me back!
No, I didn't grow coochie hair on my head(LOL), but you really can't tell that I got a lot of growth.....I mean my hair did grow a lot but I think I got more growth from OCT then I did MN, but MN is cheaper right now, so I use that instead, my hair actually go thicker, no headaches, but I mixed my MN with oil so I wouldn't get headaches!!!!

krissyprissy

I stopped because of headaches. Even when mixed had the same problem so bad that I had to wash my scalp for relief.

Amerie123

good questions OP. I want to know too. I wish I could answer these, but I'm not that great of an observer when it comes to my growth rate. and when I have used it, I was in braids.

Bene

1. I used it consistently for one month as an experiment. In that month, I got a full inch of growth. The following month, I got a full inch too. Then my hair went back to .5 inch per month.

2. I didn't stop because of headaches (I'm still kind of suspicious about the headache claims, maybe they're psychosomatic because someone heard they cause headaches?) I didn't stop because of the cost either. I managed to find what I needed on ebay. Sometimes, some products won't sell because the outer packaging is damaged, but the stuff inside is still good. I found some amazing prices for the 4% stuff. I doubt if I ever needed monistat for it's intended purposes, I wouldn't be relying on ebay, but for scalp things, then it's fine.

3. I didn't use it for a long period of time, but I've read from other sources that people will do 2 months on monistat, 1 month off. There is always an increase in shedding once you stop though.

- I didn't take any pictures, because really with my curls, 2 inches isn't going to show. But I do measure diligently, once at the beginning of every month, so that's how I knew I was having some accelerated growth.

- I did experience some more shedding than normal when I stopped using it. But nothing excessive or alarming.

- I didn't get sick or have any adverse effects.

- No, I didn't get any pubic hair on my head :D

- I would totally recommend using monistat. The only reason I stopped is because I'm lazy and applying something to my scalp every other day is more effort that I'm willing to put into anything. I had to actually learn how to apply something to my scalp, something I'd never done before.

Avan207

It jumpstarted my hair growth and then I saw the first bit of results and stopped. Now I am back on it. And yeah those headaches are nothing nice.

Truth

hmm good question, i'm interested to know the answers.... i've been using it for a couple of weeks, no headaches and either my braids are stretched cause i put them up, or I got a good amount of growth.. I am a bit curious about the sheddin thing though, hopefully I'll combat that. we'll see what happens.. I dont plan on doing this very long term.

epiphany braids

this post is great!!! I just started using MN and I got a major headache the first time, so what I do is eat first :spinning:
That seemed to do the trick. It is true that a lot of ppl was raving about this but no final pics:wallbash:
I started using it on my edges beause I have braids, then in my crown area. So far there are certain places on my edges that seem to be growing!!!

thx
hhg

a_shoe_6307

I used it with great results. I recently started back using it after about a two month hiatus. I was just sheer laziness that stopped me. I never got headaches or sick from using and I have used it straight and mixed with oil. And no I didn't get a coochie on the back of my head :lachen:. But seriously it did work. It helped me get over a growth hump this summer.

Here is where I was at when I started using the MN

Here is my hair after 2 months of use (applying about 3 times a week)

Rei

I stopped because I was too lazy to be parting my hair everday and applying things (the days of grease are OVER), also I was very excited for my "inch of growth" that everyone was advertising, and that never came in the 3 months that I used it for. My hair came in exactly the same rate as it always has. Plus I live with other people and it has alwyas been awkward and annoying to explain. I never got headaches or rashes, but I just did not see the ends justifying the means in my case.

LongTimeComing

I used it for about 2 months. I got STUPID growth with it. Afterwards I went back to normal. I stopped using it, because the it was too much work to part and grease everyday. I had headaches at first when I used it straight on my scalp. When I mixed it with some cheap dollar store grease. I used the family dollar mn and it was $2-$3. And I still have a little left in that tube. I wasn't heavy handed with it.

QUEENJAMES231

Question 1: How long did you use this product before you stopped (if you did stop)? I use it on and off.

Just started using it about 3 months ago, the first month i used it every other night like clock work, the next month i stopped all together(laziness) now i'm back on till the first of the year(my own personal challenge.

Question 2: Many stop because of headaches or cost, but if you stopped and it wasn't because of these reasons, why did you stop?

I never once got a headache, i think the key is to dilute it with oils, I stopped honestly because i just got lazy, but i have seen results.

I def. see a lot of new growth, and my hair looks and feels a llot thicker, but only time and a fresh relaxer will truly tell..

melodies815

Question 1: How long did you use this product before you stopped (if you did stop)? I used it for about two weeks and then stopped. I tried to start again this year, but I could not continue.

Headaches and itchies were off the chart. The headaches were blindingly bad.

See above...

Question 3. I did see results in just that short time. My temples filled in completely...so much so that my mother said to me, "Wow, your temples are full again. How did you do that?" I wish the headaches were not so bad because I would use it again....diluting with oil and eating first did not help at all.

cj

GreenD

I used it for one month mixed with coconut oil and it didn't do a thing for me. I used the target/walmart brand and applied it daily. It was too messy and since I didn't notice anything different I just stopped.

AvaSpeaks

Question 1: How long did you use this product before you stopped (if you did stop)? There are a lot of posts about how long a person used it before seeing results, but I'm really interested in knowing HOW LONG did you use the product, period. Three months? One Year? etc.

I am still using it. I use it every night but lately I have been skipping days.

I haven't stopped but like I said, I have been skipping days, simply because of laziness, lol.

Question 3: For those that have used it long-term, does the rapid growth rate continue?

So far I have seen rapid growth but I haven't really been using it but more than 5 weeks at the most? It will be interesting to see if this rapid rate continues after let's say 2 or 3 months.

If FedEx ever deliver my new phone :lachen:, I'll post some pics for Dec and then Jan!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I used it a while back, and I loved the results. Here is my 2 month comparison shot from early 2008.

I don't remember really experiencing any headaches.

ETA: Oh yeah, I used the MN from Family Dollar, and I mixed it in a little plastic jar with some Mega Care Vitamin E Oil that I got in the little tube from the BSS.

Last edited:

Amcd

I've been using megatek but it makes my scalp very flaky and dry. I tried to mix it with castor oil, but I am still getting the flakes. Do you find that your scalp is dry with the MN? I'm trying to reach bra strap lenghth by the end of 2010 and would like some help.

sunbubbles

I tried it for LITERALLY 3 times! lol I think I didnt dilute it enough, because it made me throw up EVERYWHERE! Read about it here
After that I swore it off BUT........... I plan on trying again. Eating first, and diluting it a bit more. SIIGGGGHHH Do we EVER learn our lessons:rolleyes::lachen:
Im willing to try it again because it didnt make me sick the 1st 2 times, just the 3rd time (when I upped the dosage).

Mz.Shug

I used it a while back, and I loved the results. Here is my 2 month comparison shot from early 2008.

I don't remember really experiencing any headaches.

ETA: Oh yeah, I used the MN from Family Dollar, and I mixed it in a little plastic jar with some Mega Care Vitamin E Oil that I got in the little tube from the BSS.

WOW!!That's good growth!:yep:

Marhia

I have been using it for 2 mths, don't have any headaches. I use the FD brand and Walgreens brand, I mix it with quite a few oils. I have some good growth so I will continue with it.

Attachments

• Begining of Mn challenge Nov 4.jpg
    Begining of Mn challenge Nov 4.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0667.jpg
    DSCF0667.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5