2015 MN Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've fallen off in the last few weeks, because of my gym regimen. Today is wash day and it would be a good time to get back on track.

jprayze

Welcome @fifigirl!

I seriously have been out of the LHCF loop when the app was disabled. That was my primary mode to access the site.

I wanted to check in with everyone and share some pics! How long has my hair grown since using MN for the last 4 months? I have no idea. I have had 1 trim--about 1 inch.

I would like to share some hair pics, although none are length checks. I'm working hard to protective style. The top bun is all me..no added hair, no filler. The last 3 are wigs image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg My hair is healthy and thick. I'm still using a mix of Mn, wild growth oil, and peppermint. I also use Liquid Gold.

Happy growing ladies!!!

fifigirl

Thanks for welcoming me @jprayze ..... your bun looks full and healthy!

Oiled my hair everyday of the week unfailingly....was able to cows only once as i had been cowashing daily last week and noticed my hair was becoming harder to detangle due to shed hair settling at the roots when i wash.
I believe i have experienced some growth in my hair as well and i have been using my MN in my mix for 9 days.......i can't wait for 30 days to assess how much growth i have really acheived.

fifigirl

Oiled my scalp all week and cowashed once....been protective styling in a pony tail all week. i only unravel at night to massage scalp and moisturise and seal.

Last edited:

fifigirl

Currently have my hair in braids and intend to carry this for a month or more....will be using my MN mix at least 5 times a week, co washing when i think it needs to be cleaned and washing with shampoo (Dr Bonners Castille soap) once a week and DC....will like to see if i am able to get more growth and retain it....

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I added a few drops of lavender oil to my mix. Once this bottle is gone I may go back to using mn straight.

Last edited:

jprayze

I've been applying all week and bunning. My ends aren't looking the best though. Thinking I have to get my ends trimmed again :look:

fifigirl

Oiled my scalp everyday this week....braids will be 2 weeks on monday and i can see some nice growth. Spraying braids with water, glycerin and grapes oil mix

fifigirl

Entering week 3 of my braids and still using my MN mix.....co washed hair only once this week....bad...i need to do better....Intend to cows today to cleanse scalp

fifigirl

Still using MN on my hair and mixed a new batch as my old batch had almost finished....I love my MN mix. It is really making my hair to grow. I went through my hair calendar and apparently i have been using MN for 7 weeks @5 times a week, at least! My hair is growing way faster than it used to, so i have no complaints

fifigirl

How's everyone doing on this challenge? I'm still on it tho i skipped about 3 days last week...I'm currently doing daily applications in the morning and couching at night whilst doing my inversions.....I am 16 weeks post relaxer at the end of the week and plan to relax after the inversions, that is if i have strength for it as i may keep on stretching. Using a wig to stretch relaxers is the best thing that has happened to me

jprayze

Hey @jprayze! I saw in an old MN thread that you started out applying everyday, morning and night. Is there a reason why you stopped?

Sorry I'm late responding...I had to renew my subscription! Some reasons why I stopped...it was time consuming to do it 2x a day, I didn't want to manipulate my hair that much to get to the scalp and too much build up. I think if a style like braids it would easy to get to the scalp without disturbing the style, but the product buildup could be an issue. I think the growth rate may be better; I can't say for sure but there are no negative effects that I am aware of.

MsEveMarie

Sorry I'm late responding...I had to renew my subscription! Some reasons why I stopped...it was time consuming to do it 2x a day, I didn't want to manipulate my hair that much to get to the scalp and too much build up. I think if a style like braids it would easy to get to the scalp without disturbing the style, but the product buildup could be an issue. I think the growth rate may be better; I can't say for sure but there are no negative effects that I am aware of.

Thanks! Braids are definitely necessary for me to keep up with the MN apps. I haven't been doing it because I was bunning the first two weeks this month and didn't want to manipulate, then used some sulfur oil for my inversion treatments last week. I'm back at it tonight though!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought some mn last week, but laziness has kept me from using it. I will start using it tonight I promise :)

PureSilver

I applied it straight no chaser to my roots, parted my hair in sections, followed up with parachute coconut oil after applying the my to each section.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still applying mn ans aloe juice every couple days. I will straighten, trim and do a length check before the end of the month.

4bslbound

Hi ladies! I'm joining this challenge! I used to check in on the MN challenges in the past, but have fallen out of the loop after the app disappeared.

I made a mix consisting of mostly JBCO, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, and sulphur simply because that's what I had on hand.
I'm sl taking a multivitamin.

I'm inspired to start this late due to Jprayze's 2012 pics from sept to dec.

Hopefully, I can get those results by December.

SL = Grazing APL
GL= Grazing BSL by dec

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 6