Self Relaxers...I need your help!

angellazette

Okay ladies...

It's been over six months and I think I'm ready to relax again. I've heard many ladies mention Affirm and I'm looking into using that one and purchasing all the products to be used with it. Can this be purchased at BSS? Any other relaxer recommendations? My last relaxer was lye.

Also, I believe I have underprocessed ends. I've thought this since Jan., but since I wasn't doing anything special to my hair I just tried to keep it moisturized and it helped. I definately want to try to correct this and I KNOW pulling through to the ends is a no-no. However, how do I correct the underprocessed ends? Also, when I use a flat iron, they straighten with no problem, so this also leads me to believe they are underprocessed. Do I apply the relaxer to the end right before rinsing?

I also read that some of you do it in halves to ensure proper application. Does anyone have any photo albums demonstrating the technique?

Thanks ladies!

angellazette

Thanks ladies...anyone have any ideas to what I should do about the underprocessed ends? Or should I just cut them off?

Last edited:

mika vs sasha

Please give some suggestions about the underprocessed ends? I have an entire circle in the back of my head that is underprocessed. Unfortunately, most of the hair has broken off and it's extremely damaged. I hate underprocessed hair.

Be careful self relaxing, I did this to my hair two months ago and I'm suffering from underprocessing just in the back/middle of my hair. I'm going to have it done professionally to in two weeks. Hopefully, they can correct some of the damage I've caused.