Semi / Demi hair colour choices for relaxed hair??

mangojuice33

hi everyone, I need your help!

Ive been relaxing for about a year now, and ive noticed that my hair has changed from black to a dusty brown colour especially around the front where the hair is finer. I would also like to boost my shine levels.

Ive been looking at semi and demi permanent colour like redken shades EQ but i cant get it in the UK.

I read a couple of threads on bigen but am waaay tooo scared. Most of the stuff in london is fake and i heard a couple of stores got closed for poisoning people :nono:

I would really like to know if anyone has had success with store brands like loreal casting creme gloss, are they suitable for textured hair? Will they cause breakage/dryness in the long run?

Just for info.. my hair is 4Z relaxed with mizani bb Lye.

Thanks! :drunk:

LushLox

Personally, I'm a bit scared to use L'oreal and other commercial type brands for hair colouring. However, I'm pretty sure people on here have used these ranges successfully though, it might be useful to do a search.

I'm going to be buying Sebastians Cellophanes. They don't sell it in the UK (well not the older colours I don't think) so I will get it shipped from the US. http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/G39K300307KV0203.htm Yeah the shipping will be a killing but I'll just do a bulk shop and order a few things that I've wanted to get.

I'll be getting the Black Cherry.

jcdlox

I do not trust box color products as I don't think they are made specifically for relaxed hair and can be too drying. Clairol Beautiful collection has been working great for me. I usually mix Medium Ash Brown and Wine Brown for a nice color.

NIN4eva

I do not trust box color products as I don't think they are made specifically for relaxed hair and can be too drying. Clairol Beautiful collection has been working great for me. I usually mix Medium Ash Brown and Wine Brown for a nice color.

Clairol Beautiful Collection is the only haircolor I will use. I've been using it for years and years. Lol, it's probably the only thing I've ever done right for my hair... that's all changed since finding LHCF of course. I usually buy it in bulk on ebay.

mangojuice33

Thanks for your responses.

Ive just been down to the hair shop, they have Dark and Lovely and Creme of Nature, but they both seem to be full of ammonia AND peroxide so im steering well clear.

But reading your posts Clairol Beautiful seems like the perfect choice! Do you get more shine with this product? The radiance gloss looks good too:yep:

SmilingElephant

MANIC PANIC!!! Leaves your hair soft as heck!! :yep: ad there's NUMEROUS colors to choose from. This is the only color i use in my hair from now on....others tend to fade super fast and are drying....this one lingers for weeks!

PJaye

I used Kiss Express Semi-Permanent Hair Color in Rosewood Brown on January 27th. Not only did it cover the few grays I had very well, but they are still well covered and remain unfaded. It also did not make my hair hard and dull like the John Frieda Color Glaze. The ingredients are nice as well.