Clairol Lasting Colour - is it Damaging?

HairQueen

I so badly want to put some colour in my hair but I am getting confused.

I like the Cairol range, particularly becasue their website it explains very well the 3 levels of hair dye and the amount of damage.

I am clear on this:

Level 1 is Semi permanent - not damaging at all, no Amonia no Peroxide, lasts 6-8 washes.(examples: Beautiful Collection & Loving Care)

Level 2 is Demi permnanent - some damage but not as much as permanent, lasts 24 - 28 washes. No Amonia low Perxoide (examples: Natural Instincs & Lasting Colour)

Level 3 is Permanent - very damaging. No Amonia and High Peroxide, Lasts until hair grows out (example Textures and Tones???)

I have read the reviews you guys have put on LHCF and it seems that Natual Instincts is a good choice for relaxed hair for good colour that shows up on black hair with little damage.

However.......... I live in London and we cannot buy the Natural Instincts over here :cry: (so typical!!). I am trying to find the equivalent and I think it is Lasting Colour which is also level 2.

Am I correct in thinking that Lasting Colour is exactly the same as Natural Instincts or is it slightly more damaging even though it also level 2?? I am getting confused because I rang the Clairol helpline and she was telling me that the equivalent to Natural Instincts is Loving Care but Loving Care is Level 1?? I think she got it wrong??

I am confused so I thought I would hear it from people who have actualy used it, so if you have relaxed hair and tried Lasting Colour with no damage please let me know!!

I AM SO SCARED I DO NOT WANT TO RUIN MY HARD WORK ON MY HAIR!!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

HairQueen

MizaniMami said:
bumping so someone can help her out.

Aah thanks MizaniMami that was kind of you.

I have just thought to myself that maybe it is not actually sold in the USA, maybe loving care is the English version of the American one.

MizaniMami

HairQueen said:
Aah thanks MizaniMami that was kind of you.

I have just thought to myself that maybe it is not actually sold in the USA, maybe loving care is the English version of the American one.

Your welc! Sometimes a thread needs to be bumped a few times before people notice it.

EVERY product around just about SOMEBODY here tried it:lol: