Great semi/demi permanent color brands for NATURAL hair?

jada1111

I did a search last night on the forum. After about an hour or so, I found that the following brands might be good for natural hair:

1) Kiss Express
2) Adore (not the white bottle)
3) Clairol Radiance (Demi)
4) Redken EQ shades (Demi)
5) Clairol Beautiful collection

I know the difference between demi and semi. Demi has a small amount of peroxide which means a small amount of damage, but color is more rich and lasts about 12 to 24 washings. Supposedly Redken EQ shades and Wella Color Touch are the best on the market for this. Semi rinses out after 10 washes doesn't lift the hair at all.

What are the best shades out of the above to make dark hair darker and more rich for NATURAL hair?

I read on another board that sometimes on virgin natural hair (not treated with chemicals) the colors won't take. Is that true? I really need to do something with my hair color it looks soooooo dull.

ETA: Also, is it better to apply on wet or dry hair? Someone posted that for chemically treated hair it was best to apply semi color to wet hair. Does that hold true for natural as well?

Thanks guys! :-D

Last edited:

locabouthair

My old hairdresser told em that a rinse wouldnt take on my hair because I was natural then. Other peple on here told me that wasn't true. I say give it a try.

I'm relaxed but Adore didnt work for me. It didnt make my hair feel dry like other brands but the color didnt last long at all.

I use sebastians colorshines and it last much longer than adore. I never tried a demi color.

sqzbly1908

The stylist I sometimes go to specializes in natural hair (I am relaxed) and she uses Redken Shades EQ on shampooed hair. I love Shades EQ but I have never tried to do it at home - I would only let her it apply it.