Sept 1 2 3 4 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Lovely's!:grouphug3:

Happy Friday and Happy Long Weekend to all the Sistas in the US!

Our Last Official Holiday to end the Summer Season.:sunshine:

A Brand New Month Filled with Hair Goals and Hair Challenges!

Let's End 2017 on that Positive Tip. 3 More Months to Go!

So......What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?:love2:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Friday- Finish braiding my hair (individual braids, no extensions)
Everyday hence forth: Wigging it!

The military won't let me be great and wearing my patrol cap can be very drying to the hair. I place a satin cap on my hair under the wig and it has helped the moisture content of my hair.

mzpurp

Trying this combo again this weekend:
Wash: CON Argan Oil Moisturizing Shampoo
Condition:CON Argan Oil Intense Conditioning Treatment
Deep Condition: Optimum Amla Blow-Out Masque and Silicon Pearl mixed together under my heating cap
Blow it out and twist for the week.....

I have some oil from this thread that I'll prob do an oil rinse with as well....

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Scalp Treatment: Cantu ACV Root Rinse
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Creme
DC: NurCreations Avocado Green Tea Conditioner (may add half a bar of Henna Sooq Sweet Honey Gloss Bar to it)
Post-wash: LRC Shake and Go OR Mielle Organics White Peony Leave In Conditioner, QB MTCG, Soultanicals Sprung Coil Boosting Gelly

Haven't decided if I will try out the Conair Wave Clips or just twist as usual...

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Yay it's wash weekend!

The weather is changing!

What I'll do first is, DETANGLE *pats bun*

Wash hair in about 10 twists w/my nieces barrettes on the ends.

DC with my Hollywood Beatty Cholesterol, mix some protein in it as I do every wash day.

Sit with my heat cap (I had for over a decade now) while watching Frasier because I'm corny.

Air dry and moisturize.

Style.

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I picked up a lot of goodies this week and trying not to impulsively try everything at once :lol: :look:

Tonight:

Ok so im going to shortly start brewing some ayurvedic oil for may scalp in my mini crockpot. Im thinking a coconut/olive base, and infusing with fenugreek and maybe triphala and/or shikakai. I will apply the oil after fresh aloe vera

Hair :eek:vernight oiling (various)

Tomorrow:

Cleanse with acv and blacksoap shampoo or a detox with a clay or shikakai....I feel like my scalp needs a good detox :yep:

*maybe a henna gloss* need to do more research this might be too much after a detox dunno...

DC gonna do the usual banana kelp

attempting to restart the rollerset routine

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I detangled last night but it doesn't seem like it.

Plan to clarify and protein treatment tonight. I'm debating if I should use heat or do an overnight moisturizing treatment.

I wanted to do a rollerset but we'll see how things go tonight and then assess.

Rozlewis

Week before my relaxer and I am so excited.

Tonight:
Pre-poo: Warm oil on scalp and Annabelle's Pre-poo Treat on length sit under heat cap for 30 mins.

Tomorrow:
Clarify: Redken Cleansing Cream
Poo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Poo
Protein Treatment: Komaza Care Protein Strengthener for 30 mins
DC: Bee Mine Beautiful Protein Free DC under heat cap for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Anabelles/Oil/Mixed Chicks
Heat Protectant: Kenra Blow Dry Spray
Dry: Air dry 80% & blow dry 100%
Flat iron: SEDU on 365

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Saturday Night:
Pre-Poo: Claudie's Pre-Sham.poo Treatment

Sunday a.m.:
Cleanse: VO5 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner
Apply Henna (leave on for 2-4 hours)
Rinse: OGX or (Hairveda Moist 24/7)
Apply Indigo (leave on 2-4 hours)
Rinse: OGX or (Hairveda Moist 24/7)
DC: Hairveda Sitrinillah
Apply Leave-Ins & Heavy Seal (*various)

Misseyl

Here goes, I have henna on my hair and will wash it out tomorrow morning then
Rinse out Henna and deep condition under my Huetiful Steamer with Cream of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment mixed with organic honey;
Rinse and apply SheaMoisture Low Porosity Protein Free Leave-in Detangler;
Apply Shea Butter mixture as oil and use Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk as a styler.
I will then install small bantu knots over my head and call it a day.:afro:

Aggie

This morning:

I prepooed with a combination of NG Herbal Blends DC, Ayurveda Hair Oil, AVJ, Grapeseed Oil. NO EVCO this time and my hair still detangled so well.

I gave myself a henna gloss then deep conditioned with APB Sacha Inchi Deep Condiitoner
Bekura Honey Latte Leave-in

Styled with Soultanicals Hair Glaze and Wetline Xtreme Gel
Bunned for today but will be wearing wigs as my protective style for the next week or so.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Ended up doing something diferent.

I did make the fenugreek infused oil in the crockpot, used powder since I wanted to use same day.

Prepoo: scalp "paste" of fresh onion and ginger juice + powdered fenugreek + castor oil + fenugreek oil. I let this run down my hair too. Then i made a seaweed "tea" and applied this mostly to my relaxed ends

Wash: shikakai + bhrami paste with rosewater + tea infusion

Rinse: Herbal tea infusion

Airdry applied a mix of oils and sprtized with a rosewater /avj mix heavy sealed ends with mango butter+ wheatgerm oil.

Bantu knots and under my satin scarf.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Instead of trying to cram everything in before the kiddos returned, I paused, took a breath, and turned wash day into a staycation/spa day. I just let myself relax regarding wash day, for once. :yep:

So far:
  1. I skipped prepooing: I was trying to save some time after that luxurious nap (I was dead tired).
  2. I sectioned my hair into 6 sections and at the bathroom sink cleansed my scalp and stands with Soultanicals Soulvedic Strands Poo Bar. I did beginning finger detangling (i.e. elongating, de-webbing, etc.) with this soap in.
  3. I oiled my ends with Soultanicals Power to the Prepoo Oil. (I had no idea this had ayurvedic ingredients, and it smells a little better to me know that the scent has faded some.)
  4. I rinsed everything out and showered, finishing with Jakeala's body scrub (in the scent Funnel Cake).
So as of now:

I dried my hair as much as I could and am currently deep conditioning with the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey mask. I am so curious about these Conair Wave Clips, but I don't even think I'l have enough time to air dry overnight, now, even if I were able to stay awake long enough to install all of the needed clips. Instead, I think I should:

5. Hydrate with aloe Vera juice.
6. Seal with Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait (full of ayurvedic goodies).
7. Install 4 flat twists in each of the front two quadrants of my hair, and install 4 regular twists in each of the back two quadrants of my hair.
8. Air dry and in the morning sit under the HairFlair to finish drying.
9. Take twists down with broccoli seed oil and do minimal separation, aiming for low(er) volume (if that's possible with my density. :smile:). Use Conair Lift Me pic/comb (video of comb is here) to blend roots.

LushLox

Ended up doing something diferent.

I did make the fenugreek infused oil in the crockpot, used powder since I wanted to use same day.

Prepoo: scalp "paste" of fresh onion and ginger juice + powdered fenugreek + castor oil + fenugreek oil. I let this run down my hair too. Then i made a seaweed "tea" and applied this mostly to my relaxed ends

Wash: shikakai + bhrami paste with rosewater + tea infusion

Rinse: Herbal tea infusion

Airdry applied a mix of oils and sprtized with a rosewater /avj mix heavy sealed ends with mango butter+ wheatgerm oil.

Bantu knots and under my satin scarf.

I admire you ladies who use Ayurveda methods. I got tired just reading that! :lol:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I admire you ladies who use Ayurveda methods. I got tired just reading that! :lol:

:lol:

Ayurvedic regimens can be as simple as you like.

I could go bare bones in the following way:
  1. Cleanse and detangle: Pure O.N.E. Beauty Black Soap Prepoo Mud Mask (this can function as a cleanser as well as a prepoo, the vendor told me)
  2. Deep condition: Soultanicals Afrotastic Curl Elastic
  3. Seal and style: Jakeala's Shea Amla Parfait (contains ayurvedic goodies)
To me it would be nothing to add the DIY CurlyProverbz ayurvedic hair growth oil into the mix . . . and a chelating shampoo to be used once a month or so . . . and aloe Vera juice as my "L" (liquid).

But . . . the above is livable. :yep: :smile: