Sept 1 2 3 4 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Aggie

@LushLox @Aggie
I get my Ayurvedic 'fix' from those Handmade/Natural Vendors who 'dabble' in Ayurvedics.

The closest I get to it as a DIY'er, is Henna/Indigo.:look:
@IDareT'sHair

Yeah I know what you mean. The reason I am doing it myself now is because my hair seem to be thriving better with my own mixtures, exactly how I like them, with just the right amount of oil, powder, thickness of pastes/rinse, etc.

Who knew my hair likes henna, amla, brahmi, and other powders so much. I never really gave it a fair chance before and now that I am, I see why people like the results from them so much.

I am eager to try new powders like aloe vera powder, moringa powder, curry powder,. matcha green tea powder, cinnamon powder, and rose petal powder.

I may try onion juice at some point as well. I have onion essential oil in my stash but it is very strong. I have to figure out a way to dilute it to a workable ratio for my scalp to get good results. Most likely I'll use it mixed in a prepoo for my scalp.

vevster

Instead of trying to cram everything in before the kiddos returned, I paused, took a breath, and turned wash day into a staycation/spa day. I just let myself relax regarding wash day, for once. :yep:

So far:
  1. I skipped prepooing: I was trying to save some time after that luxurious nap (I was dead tired).
  2. I sectioned my hair into 6 sections and at the bathroom sink cleansed my scalp and stands with Soultanicals Soulvedic Strands Poo Bar. I did beginning finger detangling (i.e. elongating, de-webbing, etc.) with this soap in.
  3. I oiled my ends with Soultanicals Power to the Prepoo Oil. (I had no idea this had ayurvedic ingredients, and it smells a little better to me know that the scent has faded some.)
  4. I rinsed everything out and showered, finishing with Jakeala's body scrub (in the scent Funnel Cake).
So as of now:

I dried my hair as much as I could and am currently deep conditioning with the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey mask. I am so curious about these Conair Wave Clips, but I don't even think I'l have enough time to air dry overnight, now, even if I were able to stay awake long enough to install all of the needed clips. Instead, I think I should:

5. Hydrate with aloe Vera juice.
6. Seal with Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait (full of ayurvedic goodies).
7. Install 4 flat twists in each of the front two quadrants of my hair, and install 4 regular twists in each of the back two quadrants of my hair.
8. Air dry and in the morning sit under the HairFlair to finish drying.
9. Take twists down with broccoli seed oil and do minimal separation, aiming for low(er) volume (if that's possible with my density. :smile:). Use Conair Lift Me pic/comb (video of comb is here) to blend roots.
What does broccoli seed oil smell like?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I admire you ladies who use Ayurveda methods. I got tired just reading that! :lol:

You know, when I typed it out, I was like geesh :ohwell:

But honeslty, has been one of my shortest washdays to date. Real talk.

Most of the stuff I made the night before what seems tiring is that I made 4 different things, but each item didnt take that long: oils and tea just need to steep and the onion ginger juice takes 10 mins. The fenugreek paste sits overnight. The actual cleansing took like 40 mins.

I will admit it takes effort to prep but this is worth it. My scalp feels happy and "alive" for the first in a loong time.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
That's amazing because @halee_J's post actually excited me to really get the remainder of my powders soon. I have to tell ya, those powders are doing my hair some goodness.

They really are great, I cannot beleive I shyed away from them for so long. I think it because I couldnt fathom that powdered dried plants and oils could give clean, soft and shiny hair; and shine from conditioning, not greasiness.

I am loving this fenugreek oil, it makes my hair soo soft and my scalp loves it too. I mean Ive been using the powder for a few years now but the oil is a new joy :yep:

Oh and if you are going to do onion, mix it with ginger and try both fresh. If you grate and squeeze with your hands. it only takes a few mins, no need to fuss with ablender and all that. The ginger cuts the scent of the onion. Drastically. Plus fresh has so many micronututients that are lost in oil.

LushLox

You know, when I typed it out, I was like geesh :ohwell:

But honeslty, has been one of my shortest washdays to date. Real talk.

Most of the stuff I made the night before what seems tiring is that I made 4 different things, but each item didnt take that long: oils and tea just need to steep and the onion ginger juice takes 10 mins. The fenugreek paste sits overnight. The actual cleansing took like 40 mins.

I will admit it takes effort to prep but this is worth it. My scalp feels happy and "alive" for the first in a loong time.

I know I've seen some amazing results from other ladies who have practiced it consistently. It's worth doing if you know you'll be committed. :yep:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
What does broccoli seed oil smell like?

Hi, lady!

I got the pictured one from EBay.

The smell is hard to describe. What do you think, @Sharpened?

It's a very light perhaps earthy smell that I barely notice. It was stronger when I first opened the bottle. Hubby says it smells like a mix of vegetable oil and peas.

To me, it smells like broccoli smells when it is raw and being microwaved: earthy funk. But so super duper light in smell that it's hardly noticeable. You have to sniff really hard. Applied, my other products EASILY overtake the smell of this oil.

Sorry I can't be clearer.

Attachments

• WP_20170903_004.jpg
    WP_20170903_004.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 10

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hi, lady!

It's a very light perhaps earthy smell that I barely notice. It was stronger when I first opened the bottle. Hubby says it smells like a mix of vegetable oil and peas.

To me, it smells like broccoli smells when it is raw and being microwaved: earthy funk. But so super duper light in smell that it's hardly noticeable. You have to sniff really hard. Applied, my other products EASILY overtake the smell of tho oil.

I say a very mild nutty scent that disappears.

vevster

Hi, lady!

To me, it smells like broccoli smells when it is raw and being microwaved: earthy funk. But so super duper light in smell that it's hardly noticeable. You have to sniff really hard. Applied, my other products EASILY overtake the smell of this oil.

Perfect description. Thanks!!!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Wash day went well. I think I need to add pre-pooing back in my routine because I had to detangle again before I washed.

Clarifying shampoo - VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze
Protein treatment - Apogee 2 Minute left on for 10
Deep Conditioner - Shea Moisture Manuka Honey mask mixed with Aphogee Moisture Balance conditioner.
Moisturizer - Just For Me Hair Milk Leave - In followed with Redken Anti-Snap

I then did some flat twists with Lotta Body Foam Wrap Lotion

My hair hair is soft and had a decent amount of definition but it's sweating out at this baseball game.

Aggie

They really are great, I cannot beleive I shyed away from them for so long. I think it because I couldnt fathom that powdered dried plants and oils could give clean, soft and shiny hair; and shine from conditioning, not greasiness.

I am loving this fenugreek oil, it makes my hair soo soft and my scalp loves it too. I mean Ive been using the powder for a few years now but the oil is a new joy :yep:

Oh and if you are going to do onion, mix it with ginger and try both fresh. If you grate and squeeze with your hands. it only takes a few mins, no need to fuss with ablender and all that. The ginger cuts the scent of the onion. Drastically. Plus fresh has so many micronututients that are lost in oil.
Thanks for the ginger tip girlie. I will try it fresh like you suggested :yep:.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Currently DC'ing under the heat cap with Curl's Blueberry Reparative Hair mask.

-Pre-poo'd with Claudie's Pre-Shampoo Tx.
-Cleansed with Curl's Blueberry Reparative Wash.
-Will LCOB with Curl's Blueberry LI, Twist n Shout Cream, Oil, & MHC Ms. Sophia's Hair Grease. Also, will style in two Snoop Dogg braids with a side part.

Quick Question: Am I the only one who allows their hair to cool for a full Netflix episode, before rinsing out their DC/Mask? Of course, I DC while watching the previous episode. :look:

vevster

I want to play with the Sally ION products that I bought a while back. I have the poo, olaplex dupe, conditioner and leave in. If I can find my denman I want to try the curl defining technique one of the glam twinz illustrated with The Mane Choices biotin infused gel.