Hit-
*Sales with low or free shipping

Miss-
*Curl Mart not having a large supply of Darcy's

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

cutenss

Hit: KeraVada oils for oil rinsing, pre-pooing and their AWESOMELY EXCELLENT customer service :up:

Continued Hit: WEN. That stuff is just all that. I can always depend on it.

Miss: Trying to find a substitute for the Hairitage Hydrations Soft Coconut Marshmallow. It is very hard to find a moisturizer that is not too heavy or greasy for my fine natural strands. And this was it. My hair likes ingredients like marshmallow, and slippery elm :lick: And it smelled so good. But I refuse to use that vendor. So my search continues :(

I thought that there was another Etsy vendor that had a similar product. But I cannot remember them, nor find the product on the site.

Tene

Hits:

Keravada oils

Mim's Essentials Whipped Hair Butter

Mim's Essentials Loc-Twist-Coil Butter

Miss:

Pura Body Naturals Sapote Hair Lotion

This use to be great and now it's crap. I see she changed from btms to behentremonium chloride. Now the lotion does not work in my hair anymore.

myronnie

Blackeyes, that's understandable! The cocoa vanilla is hard to beat in terms of moisture. Maybe the coconut is more protein-y because of the coconut milk?

A hg hit that I just had to mention again: I LOVE Curly kinks coil jam..I hope they never stop making this stuff man! My hair looks great using it for twists and twist-outs! The shine factor is great even when I don't use oil to seal it. The hold is a bit stiff but softens up nicely with moisturizer. I was going to take pics but I'm still shy about posting pics..

Lissa0821

Hit:

Techniques:
Oil Rinsing....is the bomb.com, loving the ease of detangling, the decrease of shedding and the shine my hair has.
Co-Washing.......My new growth is coming quickly but is still quite soft
Rollersetting....My ends thank me

Products:
Nene's Secret Leave In Conditioner....got a bunch of free hair samples and a full size bottle at the hair show a few weeks ago. It really moisturizes my hair without weighing it down. It gives it a nice shine. My hair feels really good and the scent is little perfumey but not bad.

African Healing Oyl........another free sample from the hair show. A quarter size is perfect for my oil rinses. It a little heavy but it rinses out completely. My hair is instantly soft and detangles like a dream, plus it smells good. I probably won't use it on dry hair cause it is a heavy oil mixture.

ronie

Blackeyes, that's understandable! The cocoa vanilla is hard to beat in terms of moisture. Maybe the coconut is more protein-y because of the coconut milk?

A hg hit that I just had to mention again: I LOVE Curly kinks coil jam..I hope they never stop making this stuff man! My hair looks great using it for twists and twist-outs! The shine factor is great even when I don't use oil to seal it. The hold is a bit stiff but softens up nicely with moisturizer. I was going to take pics but I'm still shy about posting pics..

Please share pics myronnie. Looking for a great styler myself.I like oyin boing right now, but i might get annoyed with the white residue it leaves if i don t use an oil or butter after. So im really interested in this product, IF it doesn't have aloe vera.

TeeBee

HIT!! Kimmaytube leave in!! I know how it sounds, BUT hear me out. I've made the leave in a bajillion times before but never used the exact ingredients

image-585001353.jpg

This recipe is quite killer. My hair is still stupid soft and shiny.

oneastrocurlie

Hit:
Pura body natural Sapote Hair lotion and Cup-whatnot hair butter.

Turned my flat ironed hair into a nice soft twist out.

Miss:
Not being about to get the same salon results when I flat iron my hair. Almost but no cigar.

kupenda

Hits
-using up my products that were just so so to make room for the ones I actually like
-baggying while im home, even if its not overnight

Miss
-Beautifuk Textures deep condish. Bought it cuz I needed something to hold me over but its not a repurchase. It was just ok
-Sallys cholesterol deep conditioner. Meh. I could feel the mineral oil in my hair. It felt sticky and coated. Not a repurchase

KinkyRN

Miss: my local now foods store sucks
They were out of everything I needed. I hate living in the middle of no where!!

ronie

Continued Hit: claudie revitalizer normalizing conditioner, miss Claudine's customer service.

Rozlewis

Continued hit: Hairveda's Whipped Gelly. Leaves my edges so soft and smooth with no crunch. It does all of this while being very light. Love, Love, Love it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hit:
Hairveda's Conditioners for Cowashing (Acai Phyto Berry, MoistPRO, Moist 24/7, Argan & Red Roobis *Amala Cleanse*) ALL Make Excellent Cowash Conditioners

curlyhersheygirl

Hits

The pomade shop ceramoist.
Curlmart's birthday sale
BASK vanilla whiskey
Lace naturals Ayurvedic spritz as a prepoo

Miss
ST's frequent apology letters after every sale
HV red tea conditioner. Not as moisturizing as I would like.
Lace naturals Ayurvedic spritz as a refresher. Left my hair hard.

Undecided
Eden body works coconut cowash. Not moisturizing enough but gets my hair and scalp clean.
Eden body works coconut Shea curl defining cream. It's moisturizing but leaves my hair frizzy .

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@curlyhersheygirl

I am praying it's not another IPN debacle. Using $ from new orders to fulfill existing orders (as someone else mentioned in another thread).:look:

If that is the case, them kind of situations Schemes never end well for the vendor.:nono:

The frequent Sales w/o completely fulfilling orders from the last Sale leaves me to wonder tho'...........:blush:

I'm just glad most of the stuff didn't work for me personally.

Which was in sharp contrast to IPN almost everything but her Stank "attitude" worked well for me.

blackeyes31626

I gotta try this.
Do you use a leave in underneath and a moisturizer/sealant on top?

ronie

Continued Hit: claudie revitalizer normalizing conditioner, miss Claudine's customer service.

OMG. Nooooooooo. I did I get that miss in there? I hope I'm not jinxing her excellent customer service. Claudie has been an amazing vendor with me. I recently made a purchase, but I had some questions and some personal issues with the items I needed. We emailed each other back and forth until she shipped the items. And after she shipped it she let me know about the special labels on my items, and she caught that the website overcharged me for shipping. She told me about it with an apology and she promptly refunded my account. It was only 2$ but I really appreciate it.
Thanks for asking IDareT'sHair. I saw your post, so I went back to check what you were referring to. Then I saw my post. Girl I had a super busy week. You can see that I didn't post anything in the weekend thread. Thank god I'm going on vacation after Monday night.
I love claudie guys. Her normalizing conditioner is my holy grail product: strength, porosity correction, elasticity, super shine, little to no moisture, but enhances the effect of any moisturizing conditioner.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
OMG. Nooooooooo. I did I get that miss in there? I hope I'm not jinxing her excellent customer service. Claudie has been an amazing vendor with me. I recently made a purchase, but I had some questions and some personal issues with the items I needed. We emailed each other back and forth until she shipped the items. And after she shipped it she let me know about the special labels on my items, and she caught that the website overcharged me for shipping. She told me about it with an apology and she promptly refunded my account. It was only 2$ but I really appreciate it.
Thanks for asking IDareT'sHair. I saw your post, so I went back to check what you were referring to. Then I saw my post. Girl I had a super busy week. You can see that I didn't post anything in the weekend thread. Thank god I'm going on vacation after Monday night.
I love claudie guys. Her normalizing conditioner is my holy grail product: strength, porosity correction, elasticity, super shine, little to no moisture, but enhances the effect of any moisturizing conditioner.

ronie, what does the bolded mean? It's not a moisturizing DC? Or, are you trying to say that it's balanced? I've never tried it.

ronie

ronie, what does the bolded mean? It's not a moisturizing DC? Or, are you trying to say that it's balanced? I've never tried it.

MileHighDiva yes i meant balanced. My hair was highly porous and breaking until i started using this conditioner. I tried to correct my porosity with a few items like roux; i also worked hard at maintaining a proper protein\moisture balance. Nothing gave me results like this. My strands feel very smooth when twisting now, and they stopped sticking to each other like velcro. And the more i used it the less i needed it. I was doing it one to twice a week at first. Now it's only once or twice a month (if i've been miss treating my hair). Also, i used it alone after washing in the beginning. Never followed with anything. No great slip or moisture to talk about (at least not for my hard to moisturize 4c hot mess, lol), but my hair was very manageable. Now i can only use it as a prepoo, then wash and use either a moisturizing DC or rinse out. I'm guessing that now my porosity is normal it is acting more as a protein for me.
It has great ingredients: ceramides, hydrolyzed protein ( more than one, can t remember which. I love the stuff:yep:

natura87

Miss:
Soultanicals

Still waiting for a purchase made August 23rd. Excuse after excuse is being made.

Hit:

Nubian Heritage Hemp and Tamanu (?) Cowash
-Amazing slip and consistency, bearable smell. I dont need to use much so this should last for a while.

veesweets

Revisited hit: Miss Jessies Curly Meringue.
Forgot how great of a (seriously overpriced) styler this is. Used it for flat twist out on the front of my hair to blend with my wig. Great results and all day soft hold even in high humidity and running around all day. It's back on my Black Friday list