~*~February 2009~*~ Hits & Misses

Dposh167

Hit:
Redken Real Control Conditioner (it wasn't the best...but good enuff to be a hit. it softened my ng without giving me that coated feeling like other redken products)

discobiscuits

I'm going to have to add the Scunci Microfiber Towel as a miss. It makes my hair frizzy. I figured it would. I'm going back to my old t-shirt as a hair towel/wrap.

Hated it! =======>>>>>>>>>

msa

I'm going to have to add the Scunci Microfiber Towel as a miss. It makes my hair frizzy. I figured it would. I'm going back to my old t-shirt as a hair towel/wrap.

Hated it! =======>>>>>>>>>

Yeah I have to agree using a t-shirt turban style to blot/dry my hair is a continued hit. Been doing it for several months now and I can't imaging going back to towels.

Healthb4Length

Hits

1. Mastey Triate Moisturizing shampoo!!! I'm so glad I tried this! This was a very different shampoo for me, it doesn't lather up alot but it got my hair clean. The ingredients are nice, absolutely no sulfates. This shampoo is good if:

A. You have extremely dry hair
B. You have color treated hair
C. You enjoy cowashing
D. All of the above

The shampoo felt like a really moisturizing deep cowash!

2. Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner--followed up after the above shampoo and my hair felt so so soft, detangled and moisturized. THis conditioner gave so much slip and moisture. It smelled great too!

Revisited Hit

AG Fast Food Leave-on conditioner
BB hair strengthener

All in all I had an orgasmic wash experience!

chebaby

revisiting hit: coconut oil
hit: moisturizing with vatika frosting at night. wake up with shiny soft beautiful hair

asubeauty

Hits:

Sedu Revolution Flat Iron - had my hair smooth with one pass. I had that Ateyaaa swang!! :lachen:

Garneir Fructis Water based shine wax - I bought this when I was looking for EQP glaze, but I couldn't find it. I works just as well to hold my edges down, but it's not as greasy. Looks like a keeper.

Jadore_tay

HITS:
hesh brahmi powder
hesh shikakai powder
hesh kapoor kachli powder

Lol no more shampoo for me until I have to clarify or touch up

Healthb4Length

Miss
Nexxus Emergencee--since they done changed the formula it just ain't the same. I used it with heat and it cooked in my hair, I spent all of Fri night and most of Saturday morning doing stripping washes just to pick this stuff out! Thank GOD that was the last of if because I won't be repurchasing.

Revisited HIts

Ojon Tawaka conditioner---I just love how moisturizing this stuff is! Worth every penny, in fact I'm looking for liter sizes.

AO White Camelia--Again, nice moisture my hair stays moist for days using these products. I'm phasing out many of my non natural products. Natural works for my relaxed tresses.

Eisani

Revisited hit: Vatika Oil on my scalp and hair. I don't know why I put this away-wait, yes I do. Life of a PJ :look: NOTHING leaves my hair as soft. I just keep molesting my waves :pant:

Hit: I never thought I'd admit it, but Greit Oll 12 en 1 DC (hushup La Manzana). I hated this stuff when I first tried it 2 years ago, but now um, I think I love it.

Revisited hit: Pouring straight coconut milk over freshly washed hair. I added a dab of honey to the container before using and poured over my hair after I washed and prior to dc'ing. LOVE.

IrisDaVirus

HITS

Mane 'n Tail Olive Oil Complex (leave-in creme)

MISS (and I mean a MAJOR MISS)

Isoplus Conditioning Shampoo - Formula was changed and it's now an extremely drying shampoo.

chebaby

miss: im so sad to report that my beloved humecto didnt do anything for my hair this weekend. im at a loss for words i dont know why. but of course i will be using it again just to make sure

revisited hit: jane carter n&s

miss: seyani hair butter

hit: br bronners castile peppermint soap mix with water and avosoya oil. great shampoo

discobiscuits

revisited MISS: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. When I 1st tried it I hated it. Today I mixed it w/ Elucence MBC & it is a HIT.

LABETT

miss: im so sad to report that my beloved humecto didnt do anything for my hair this weekend. im at a loss for words i dont know why. but of course i will be using it again just to make sure

revisited hit: jane carter n&s

miss: seyani hair butter

hit: br bronners castile peppermint soap mix with water and avosoya oil. great shampoo
Humecto turn on me too ,I have the tub version which is so much better than the bottle.
I still have a half of tub left.

msa

Revisited hit: Pouring straight coconut milk over freshly washed hair. I added a dab of honey to the container before using and poured over my hair after I washed and prior to dc'ing. LOVE.

I love coconut milk. I do it after a baking soda wash. I just pour the whole can over my head, leave it on while I'm in the shower and then rinse out at the end. It makes my hair (and skin) soft.

pmichael52172

(Hijacking!)

Did you guys know that there's a perfect thread for your misses? It's called "Hated it? Dump your products on me". It's only if you want to give away your hated products or exchange them but it's a free thread. I've gladly dumped my products on some and have gotten some used products that I've always wanted to try before going out and buying.

Eisani

I love coconut milk. I do it after a baking soda wash. I just pour the whole can over my head, leave it on while I'm in the shower and then rinse out at the end. It makes my hair (and skin) soft.
SO kept commenting on how soft my skin was and when I saw my mom the next day after she kissed my cheek she said the same thing :yep:.

jreagins

HIT: ELUCENCE VOLUME CLARIFYING SHAMPOO
ELUCENCE MOISTURE BALANCE CONDITIONER (AS A LEAVE IN)

MISS: SILK WRAP (MY DRYER DOESNT GET HOT ENOUGH)

chebaby

when i got my can of coconut milk it was solid like ice cream, so do you warm it before hand?

Healthb4Length

HIT- AO Island Spice conditioner. Great moisture and slip without a ton of cones or synthetic ingredients! The smell is overpowering though but it's a great conditioner.

Revisited Hits-
Ojon Revitalizing mist and avocado oil, very soft and shiny hair.
ABBA Moist shampoo

Hits :love:
Elucence Moisture Balance Poo
Elucence Volume Clarifying Poo
Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner
Fhi Hot Sauce

Revisited Hit :spinning:
Giovanni Direct Leave In

Misses :nono:
NONE :grin:

The Elucence was a hit last month but I had to make sure for this month :grin: It's been 3yrs and I hadn't found a hg until now but I think I found it :grin: :grin:

Last edited:

msa

when i got my can of coconut milk it was solid like ice cream, so do you warm it before hand?

That has never happened to me before. My coconut milk is always liquid...just like regular milk...but in a can. Weird.