~*~February 2009~*~ Hits & Misses

shtow

HIT: GVP paul mitchell super skinny serum. I used this to flat iron and my hair was so silky!! I have also been using this every night on my flat ironed hair and my hair is swangy and silky. Everyone around me has noticed the difference.

Fleurzty

Hits:
AO White Camelia (revisited this one and my hair was so happy:yep:)
JC Nourish and Shine (used to twist yesterday, this stuff never fails)
BB Soy Shampoo (cleans without stripping my hair)
Hibiscus flower rinse(bounce and body to my hair, enriches color too :yep:)

Misses:
None :lachen:

Pic of Twists

ILYandY

Oldies but goodies

1)Lekair Frenchee's Super Gro- This stuff made hair thick in one week and it made my new growth sprout more, what I mean is the growth wave is deeper and longer.

2)Lekair Plus Cholesterol

So far Proclaim conditioner is a hit. It thick like a lotion which is what I wanted because it's winter. I don't think I'll be using this in the summer.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Hits:

Henna Treatment- more like a revisited hit will be doing these 1 a month.
V05 Strawberry conditioner after the henna treatment- my hair felt like I DC, I would have never thought V05 could do such a thing.Now I know why sooo many pple like to co wash with this. Now either the ingredients changed for the better or my hairs health is really showing. On hot summer days I like to rinse my hair inbtwn hair days and this will my conditioner rinse of choice.
Alter Ego garlic conditioner- I love this stuff it makes my strands very smooth, and keep them seperated (hard to explain), shedding is down to very few if any.

Last edited:

jasmin

Hits...so far
Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Shampoo and Conditioner.
Smells really good and I don't say this about Pantene products. I didn't feel slip, slip but my hair felt really soft and smooth after it dry and I'm 9 weeks post relaxer.

Turned out to be a miss..
ORS Lock and Twist gel..drying for me

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Sign O' the Times.

I remember when this thread used to be 10 pages by the end of the first week of the month.

HIT:

Fractionated Coconut oil. I don't really care for extra virgin coconut oil (the smell, the fact that I have to rub it to melt it, etc). So I got this one to try.

I like it. Very light. No scent. And cheap!

vslady

Revisited HIT: Praital Silk Worm Moisturizing Cream. I put this down for a long time but pre-poo'd under the dryer with this a few nights ago and my hair came out strong and soft. Love silk protein!!!

Hit: Avalon Organic Botanicals Lavender Nourishing Conditioner. I picked this up at TJ's a couple of months ago and really loved it. It has Beta Glucan (some kind of oat nutrition) and Babassu Oil. Love this conditioner!

crumbling_images

MISS
AO anything
Coconut oil
QB Olive & Honey

Revisisted Hit
Oyin Honey Hemp
Oyin Greg Juice
QB Amla Heavy Cream
Chagrin's shampoo bars
Castor oil

Healthb4Length

Revisited Hits

Hair One Jojoba--lots of moisture and softness
Yes to Carrots pampering mud conditioner-smells yummy and is very moisturizing/slippy!

Prose Princess

Hits:
Co-washing. I don't know how this turned out so badly for me the first time, but I've co-washed at my last two washes and my hair has never been more moisturized! :grin:

Keracare Conditioning Creme Hairdress. Not-so-great ingredients, AMAZING shine and softness for my hair! Very lightweight too.

Revisited miss: Kids Organics Shea Butter Lotion. This does nothing for me at all.

Kacie

Hit
"Air" drying my hair on a cool temp using my Pibbs 514. :lick:
Mizani Butter Blends No-Lye Rhelaxer

Revisited Hit
Suave Humectant (this knockoff is supreme)

Thanks to Suave for the $3 coupon.

Bellanica

Hit: Carol's Daughters Hair Milk and Healthy Hair Butter
Rusk Sensories Smoother Leave-in Conditioner
Mega-tek

*No Misses

exubah

Hits:
DCing with ORS replenishing pak mixed w/honey and EVCO:woot:
Rusk Smoother Leave-in Conditioner
NTM Silk Touch Leave-In

Revisited Hit: Burt's Beet Avocado Butter

On the fence: Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter:perplexed

chebaby

big fat MISS: bed head moisture maniac. i left this on for an hour with heat and i got nothing but noodle hair. my hair seemed to stick together and crinkle.

hits:
bed head dumb blonde. wont replace joico but will stay in rotation
desert essence shea butter conditioner
mop leave in conditioner
ubh dew- i had this for months and never used it but my hair came out so freaking soft and shiny after flat ironing.

Nayna

Unbothered
Hits: Aussie Moist-Very cool product
Oyin Juices and Berries- Even makes my hair taste sweet!
KBB Hair mask- Very nice DC
KBB Hair nectar- nice and light in my hair the way I like it!

Miss: AO Island Naturals Shampoo-I thought this was supposed to replenish, left my hair
hard
CD- Hair Butter-It smells weird and it leaves my hair oily to the touch, I hate that!
HE Hello Hydration- Did nothing

On the Fence with QB Cocoa Detangling Ghee- It doesn't detangle at all, but maybe I can just use it as a leave in.... I dunno, we'll see...

Nayna

Unbothered
I agree with this. I am jealous that it does not work for me like it does for others.

Yea, I was really excited too but I dunno, it didn't do anything, it just sat on my hair all white and thick, and my hair isn't hard to detangle, it's a few textures but not hard to handle

Dposh167

Hits:
Trader Joes Replenish Conditioner
Trader Joes Nourish Spa
Curls Sublime Conditioner (only mixed w/ tigi dumb blonde)

miss:
curls souffle' (liked the consistency..but not as moisturizing as milkshake)