Seventh Grade Hair?

rdm

Most of us started taking care of out hair in middle school. Today, I see young girls with their hair slicked back in a tight ponytail with the gel and then they have this frizzy ponytail.

I cant talk. My seventh grade hairstyle was a pony tail with a part on the side. For church, I would wear long curly bangs with the ponytail.

What was your seventh grade hairstyle?

I highlighted my hair in 7th grade, I think. So it was black and yellow and just...weird. I wore it down everyday pretty much.

I think it was 7th grade where it was all broke off in the back so my hair was like _____-----_____ shapped in the back. This other girl used to ask me why it was like that and I had no idea.

It was relaxed but kept in either small braids or twists most of the time. Every now and then I wore braidouts to school that were really pretty. I loved my hair during middle school because even though it was relaxed my mom did very little to it and it thrived. She kept it clean, conditioned, moisturized and braided up and not much else.

Last edited:
in 7th grade, my hair was at one of its healthiest times. I think I had been relaxed for only a year.

I washed and rollerset weekly, had never used a blowdrier, hair was always airdried, had never been to the beauty salon, always wore my hair in a ponytail, except for the occasional times when i wore it down.

Only bad thing is, my aunt (who did my hair) trimmed it way too often! So it wasn't very long either. I remember around the beginning of the year it was just a few inches past my shoulder. towards the end of the year though, I had a high ponytail that touched past my shoulder. I hardly ever wore my hair down, so i have no idea where it fell on my back:lol:

now end of 8th grade and 9th grade were the devastation years...:perplexed

Yup, mine was the frizzy ponytail to the side. Totally damaged hair, didn't know how to care for my relaxed hair at all :(

My mom used to make us go to the beauty school to get a roller set every 2 weeks or so. They would always roll our hair with those old grandma-sized blue rollers, grandma style. :mad: So when I got home, I used to brush it out, and slick it back into a ponytail with brown gel. Occasionally, some one would know how to roll the hair so that it would fall in a youngish style, but that was rare. I eventually learned how to roller set my pony tail, so I didn't go to the beauty school anymore because my hair was "done" already.

My 7th grade style was pretty much braids...I was growing out damage so my mom would french braid my own hair and wash once a week.

I used to go to the salon every two weeks. I usually had twists into a ponytail or rod sets. Sometimes I had box braids that my mom used to do. I wasn't allowed to wear my hair out until the next year in 8th grade.

I think I was pretty much in braids, braids, braids all the time. I got the occasional press when it wasn't in braids. I didn't stop wearing them until like the 9th grade when I noticed my edges were starting to thin out from wearing too tight braids too much. I cut that out real quick.

I was into spritz styles -- "stacks" -- "crimps" -- remember those styles? I had the front in a pineapple slope with crimps in the front, and stacked in the back..you could not tell me nuthin. hahaha

My hair was natural and APL. My mom would send me to the beauty shop weekly to get it washed, conditioned and pressed. It was a thick healthy bush lol. Once I got it pressed I would wear half up with shirley temple curls and the back down and bumped under. I thought I was so cute. :lol:

In seventh grade I had very thick, healthy shoulder length hair. I went to the stylist every two weeks for a roller set or press. I had a relaxer but my stylist still pressed my hair with a hotcomb which is suppossed to be a nono but my hair was still thick and healthy.

I used the Decca Plus Satin Pomade to moisturize my ends every 2 or 3 days and my hair began to retain length. My Grandmother made Soulfood for my sister, cousins, and me everyday and every once in a while we ordered from the Chinese Restaurant across the street from my stylist's shop,lol. The Greens and other Soulfood in addition to the soy and vegetables from the Chinese place definitely helped my hair to become healthier and thicker.

I wore my hair down with the ends bumped under, straight but curly on the ends, and a spiral curled bangs with the top in a ponytail and the back down, and in buns. That year was the beginning of my healthy hair journey.

I was natural in 7th grade (ahhhh, the good ole days:) ) and I got my hair pressed every 2 weeks. I either wore a high pony tail or I wore the top part in a pony tail and the back down....

I got my hair pressed every two weeks. I wore it in a curly ponytail with curly bangs going down the side of my face. :)

My hair was natural. My mom washed and "pulled out the ends" with her pressing comb every two weeks. I wore one or two pony tails in twists with a bang parted in the middle. I didn't get a full press at the salon until my 8th grade graduation.

My hair was pressed/natural healthy. I usually wore it brushed back with a headband.

Last edited:
french braid
ponytail
bun
ponytail front and back bangs
immitation wrap
immitation salt and pepper asymetrical cut (i curled one side tight and side loose it was a mess)
it was never longer than 4in i thought it couldnt grow maybe it was that damn box perm every 4wks LOL

mrsbookworm said:
I had a "mushroom" (I attempted - and failed - to imitate MC Lyte's hair style).

I had a mushroom lol, My stylist did mine. :lol: What were we thinking back then lol.

mine was just plain NAPS in a ponytail, my mom had just stopped taking care of my hair and I had not clue what to do with it!

My style was mainly braids but eeeaaaavery once in a while mama would take us to Ms. Elouise to get our hair pressed and curled. Mama and Ms Eloise was old school, so after it was curled she would comb the hair all back and then pouf it back up with her hands to make some kind of soft looking waves. How grandma like!!!

I was still natural (but pressed) in seventh grade, so I think I mostly just slapped it back in a ponytail.

Back