Shampoo DOES matter, ladies!!!!!

vevster

I used to think that it didn't matter what shampoo I used as long as I used good conditioners after. Wrong!!

I used to go to the salon every week because my hair would get so tangled when I tried to do it myself.

I was using creme of nature shampoo however, I decided to up the quality and use Elucence clarifying and conditioning shampoos back to back. To make a long story short my hair detangled like a dream and I didn't have to use a leave in!

I am now scared to death of all shampoos w/ SLS.

NAPPtural

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
vevster said:
I used to think that it didn't matter what shampoo I used as long as I used good conditioners after. Wrong!!

I used to go to the salon every week because my hair would get so tangled when I tried to do it myself.

I was using creme of nature shampoo however, I decided to up the quality and use Elucence clarifying and conditioning shampoos back to back. To make a long story short my hair detangled like a dream and I didn't have to use a leave in!

I am now scared to death of all shampoos w/ SLS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cream of Nature have SLS in it?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Cream of Nature have SLS in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the formulas does. IIRC it's the extra body formula...

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I tend to agree with you. I have been on the Curly Girl routine since October (except for using the neutralizing shampoo for my retouch). I haven't tried the shampoo that you mentioned, but I used the Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo for the first time today and it did not dry my hair out at all. I'll still continue with the no poo routine for the most part, but will use that particular shampoo from time to time. I already use the Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. Both products are winners for me.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I found this out the hard way, too. I wasted years searching for the perfect conditioner when all along it was my shampoos that were making my hair feel dry and rough...

And the labels said they were "moisturizing" and "formulated for dry hair".

jazzyfunknastee

sassygirl125 said:
One of the formulas does. IIRC it's the extra body formula...

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat here wondering why and then I realized that most/some (not sure of the population) that have fine/thin hair also have oily hair/scalp. I guess they stick that in to cut the oils.

Paris Belle

So true, Vevster!

I also had the experience of tangles and knots when I used the wrong shampoo.

Also, I was fooled by the shampoo and conditioner sets by the same company. Sometimes their conditioner is better than the shampoo. For example, my experience with Pantene and the Suave Fakes were this way.
Just because their conditioner is great, it doesn't mean the shampoo is good too.