SHARE YOUR HAIR REGIMEN

likewtr4chklit

I'm stretching, and currently on week 15. I'm also doing the Hide Your Hair, and 30 bun challenge, so my regimen is pretty simple right now. 2x a week I shampoo w/ a Giovanni poo, detangle with any conditioner (it could be suave or 12 en 1), then DC with AO Honey Suckle Rose. My leave in concoction until the next wash is glycerin, Hydrathema Naturals Follicle Invigorator, and Sabino Moisture Block and then bun it up ( I slick the edges down with honey). To maintain my bun I just take it down at the end of the day, spray some more Follicle Invigorator and slick it back into a bun.

shunta

Great thread! For some reason, I love reading people's reggies. :giggle:

Here's mine:

~Wash twice weekly w/KeraCare Hydrating
~Deep condition w/KeraCare Humecto, Elucence MB, or Giovanni 50:50
~Apply leave-in and rollerset, go under dryer for 90 mins
~Moisturize daily w/Mizani Rose
~Relax every 8-10 wks w/Mizani BB or Elucence Regular Lye
~Dust as needed

spacetygrss

I shampoo twice a week with Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo (Redken Cleansing Cream for clarifying once a month), followed by a DC (alternating between Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and ORS Replenishing).
The rest of the week I cowash with Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner (gonna change that soon).
I put in a leave-in conditioner and seal with coconut oil.

Once or twice a month I do a protein treatment with Joico Kpak (wash with Joico Kpak shampoo on those days).

Works well for me.

N

NaturalBeauty87

I either wear my hair curly or straight

Curly regimen:(daily or nightly)
Oil rinse w/ oil mixture
cowash w/ various V05 cond.
wear puff
detangle every couple of days or once a week

Straight regimen:
Shampoo w/ Aphogee Poo
2min keratin (every other week)
Deep condition w/ whatever deep conditioner I'm trying
Rollerset w/ water&leave-in(under dryer for 2 hrs or airdry overnite)
Flatiron roots w/ chi iron
Pincurl and oil hair w/ coconut oil at night
Oh and no combing until next wash

quasimodi

Wash Days
  • Deep Condition on dry hair once or twice a week (alternate between Motions CPR mixed with olive oil and followed by a moisturing conditioner or SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Masque) for about an hour
  • If I feel like my scalp needs it, I was w/ a diluted mixture of Jason's Sea Kelp Shampoo, otherwise I just cowash with Jason's Sea Kelp conditioner and leave it on my hair for about fifteen minutes
  • Get rid of the drippies with my aquis microfiber towel
  • Apply oyin's honey hemp leave in conditioner (love this stuff)
  • Apply Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter cream to moisturize
  • Twist or braid hair with Oyin's Shine & Define
  • Seal with castor/coconut oil
Every Other Day
  • Spray w/ mixture of suave tropical coconut, veggie glycerin, olive oil, water or Oyin's juices and berries
  • Apply Burdock Root Butter Cream
  • Seal ends w/ castor oil/vatika frosting
Every day
apply an ointment that the dermatologist gave me to stimulate hair growth.
my edges were bouncing back beautifully alternating between boundless tresses and a peppermint oil-jamaican black castor oil mixture, but then I had an eczema flare up in that area (that quickly subsided thank God), which I think may have been caused by a mixture of the sulfur in the BT and the dry air of the heaters now that its winter time.

When the weather gets a little warmer, I'll revert back to my old routine. For now, I'll stick w/ what the dermatologist gave me

I mostly wear my hair wrapped in head wraps, particularly now that its winter to avoid breakage. I like my hair to stay warm and happy. :yep:

Highly Favored8

Excellent Post

I pre-poo with ALMA Oil
I wash and DC my hair every week -I wash with Creme of Nature in the Red Bottle
I DC with ORS Mayo or ORS REP.Pak.
I wear braid outs or buns
I relax my hair with Affrim Sen. Scalp every 12-16 weeks
I use Apoghee 2 Min. Every 6 weeks
I mositurize 2x with Cantu Shea Butter grow stre.treat.
Drink lots of water.

RosesBlack

My hair isn't long but healthy and growing steadily.

I wash and overnight DC once a week.
BUn
Moisturize when needed.
Stretch my relaxers
Henna every 6-8 weeks.

msa

Once a month:
Wash my hair with water/baking soda or diluted castile soap.
Braid my hair (without extensions) with a lot coconut oil.

Everyday:
Rinse my hair with water while in the shower.
Slather on coconut oil.
Wear my braids in a bun or put on a half-wig.

As soon as I use up all my coconut oil I'll be going back to using a butter (shea or hempseed).

Every once in a while I'll use some castor oil and baggy overnight and rinse in the morning.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I relax every 10-12 weeks with Elasta QP Lye
Pre-co-wash once a week with Aphogee 2 min
Co-wash once a week with Elasta Qp Intense Cond
Airdry in 2 braids and wear braidouts, buns, or flexi-rod sets
Moisturize daily with Elasta QP's Recovery Oil Moisturizer and seal with coconut oil

gorgeoushair

Be careful with Ateyaa's regimen. I think she is so sweet and I've been watching her vids, but her regimen is def not for everyone because it is built on straight protein based products. She uses majority Aphogee products which are protein base. She even has a tutorial where she used Aphogee 2 step (hard protein), followed by Aphogee 2 minute (light protein), and the keratin & green tea leave in. That's a lot of protein!!!!!!

I left a beautifull comment suggesting a link to sisterslicks link about the importance of balance between protein and moisture http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69 But she deleted the comment:nono:

Yes she does use the Aphogee 2 step but she follows it up w/the Balance Moisturizing Conditioner not the 2 min reconstructor.

Not sure exactly why she deleted your comment......maybe b/c she's tired of negative comments(not saying your post was negative but in a way it could be perceive that way) I don't know......she keeps saying this is what works for her and it seems like people is trying to change her regimen.

gorgeoushair

Question#1- is the Aphogee Shampoo REALLY that helpful for your hair? I've been intrigued by Ateyaa's you tube videos and some responders have thanked her for the results they've achieved just by adopting her regime. I currently use a moisturing shampoo that doesn't WOW me but I like it.

Question #2 - Do you use your 2 minute each week or every blue moon. I love mine and I know it's mild protein but am hesitant to use it too often. I recovered from protein overload several months ago and want to be careful.

Thanks for answers!

Girl me too......I've been wondering about aphogee's poo for damaged hair or any poo for damaged hair and of course I am an Ateya fan:grin: Actually when I first found the boards I started using Motions CPR line(the poo and cond) and the Aphogee 2 step and 2 min reconstructor and the balance moisturizing cond. The poo was a poo for damaged hair and I liked it. My hair was getting back healthy, growing, and the breakage stopped. I can't say what the poo did b/c I was using the conditioners too and I was sticking w/ a regimen.

I have used the 2 min reconstructor weekly and never had protein overload although sometimes I would follow up w/ a moisturizing cond.
It is a mild protein and does provide some moisture.

Last edited:

bermudabeauty

Pre-poo:
-Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol

Shampoo: (1-2x a week)
-Ion Color Defense Mositurizing Shampoo or Nexus Theratin Shampoo

Conditioner: (1-2x a week)
-Generic Nexxus Humectin or Paul Mitchell Tree Tee Conditioner (generic)

Deep Conditioners:
-Loreal Nature's Theapy Mega Moisture or Neutrogena Deep Recovery Mask

Leave-in-Condioners/Daily Mositurizer:
-Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship
-Olive Oil (daily at night or every other day)

Relaxer/Hair Color:
-Now using Hawaiian Silky No Lye No Mix every 5wks my hair grows fast
-Aveda hair color every 8-10weeks

Dust ends as needed

l_choice2001

Shampoo With Pantene Pro V Relaxed and Naturla COnditioning Shampoo

Condition With Pantene Pro V Relaxed and Natural Conditioner (30-40 mins)

Motions Leave In Conditoner

Fantasia IC Serum

Air dry about 75 percent

Blowdry low setting

flat iron medium setting