Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

sunflora

Flowah Powah
Hey Shea Queens!
For those who whip Shea Butter with Coconut Oil, do you get any kind of build up on your scalp?
I whipped up some and loved it, but two days after, my scalp was on serious fire! My scalp was itchy itchy itchy! I had to do a serious shampoo. It was kind of depressing actually because it left my hair so soft and manageable. Is it better to be used as a prepoo vs an actual moisturizer?

I try to avoid getting any sort of thick product on my scalp. I'd focus the shea more towards the length/ends and keep it away from the roots of your hair if that happens.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Hey Shea Queens!
For those who whip Shea Butter with Coconut Oil, do you get any kind of build up on your scalp?
I whipped up some and loved it, but two days after, my scalp was on serious fire! My scalp was itchy itchy itchy! I had to do a serious shampoo. It was kind of depressing actually because it left my hair so soft and manageable. Is it better to be used as a prepoo vs an actual moisturizer?
Have you used coconut oil on your scalp before? It has a high comedogenic rating.

Daina

Hey Shea Queens!

Hey sis, I don't put it on my scalp just the length and heavily on the ends.

caribeandiva

Human being
Hey Shea Queens!
That doesn’t happen to me but I don’t put it on my scalp though. Only the length of my hair. Maybe you’re allergic.

GGsKin

Moisturised my hair last night by spritzing with a mix of water and silk amino acids (I don't know why I haven't done this before). After dusting, I sealed my ends with Shea and applied a little more gel. I was slightly concerned because I used protein the week before last, then used henna on Saturday. My hair usually feels hard after henna but today my hair feels fantastic- soft and bouncy.

Sosoothing

Hey Shea Queens!

I use coconut oil with my Shea mix and have never had build up issues. I used coconut oil before discovering Shea butter and had no build up issues then as well.
I put it only on my hair, not scalp.

Sosoothing

I have been blessed so far because I just bought my first batch of doo-doo smelling Shea butter. I actually had started thinking some of my Shea sisters simply had keen senses of smell because I have never needed to add any sweet smelling essential oils.
I finally get it. But even with the smell, I can discern the chocolate smell underneath that I'm used to.

I melted it down, added some olive oil, coconut oil and cotton candy fragrance.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Last Sunday I washed and conditioned my hair. For the first time in a while, I lost another ENTIRE CURL. Although I was sad to see all that hair go, I was happy to know that my whole curl loss has become less frequent due to Queen Shea.

I think this might be my 2nd or 3rd whole curl lost in 2018. I used to have these types of losses every week and for sure on a monthly basis. Although I don't enjoy losing whole curls, it is becoming less and less of a regular occurrence, with my continued use of Shea butter.

I used a comb this round. It is not possible for me to
NEVER use a comb. I have to comb one or all of my
braids at some point within a 3 to 6 month interval.

I had conditioner in my hair. This is from a back
braid. Can you imagine having this much hair lost
every week? That used to be me before Shea butter.
WholeCurlLostSept30th2018A.JPG

Here is the same curl on my arm. You can see the quantity
of hair in the whole curl. That's a lot of hair.
WholeCurlLostSept30th2018B.JPG

I'm trying to give perspective and scope about the size and
quantity of hair that I lose just FROM TANGLES alone.
This doesn't include breakage, splits and other things.
Tangles are the enemy of my afro-textured hair growth gains.
WholeCurlLostSept30th2018C.JPG

This is the hair on the sink. It is not even straightened out
and it looks so super long [to me].
There is a ball of hair I combed out to the left of the curl,
resting in the sink. I had lots of ouchies and fights with
my hair on Sunday. But, it turned out okay as this long, thick curl was
the only major hair loss. The rest was expected. I am thankful
for Shea butter.
WholeCurlLostSept30th2018D.JPG

Last edited:

Chicoro

Some good news...

Yesterday I was sitting up on the floor doing some stretches and exercises, in front of the mirror. I had put my hair in bantu knots as I had just taken down my braids. I had planned to re-rebraid the next morning so my braids would look fresh. My hair was pretty stretched. On a whim I decided to take down one of the bantu knots in the very back.

I was so pleasantly surprised that my hair in that section reached my leg. Some of it was laying on my thigh. Now, my hair did not 'cascade' to my leg. Nope.

It was more like an extended reaching of some of the hairs, that were reaching to that point. The amount of hair that touched and laid on my thigh was more than the amount of hair I lost as the whole curl.

This is the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life. I owe a huge part of that to Shea butter.

Chicoro

@Chicoro that picture literally makes me want to cry. Do you know why you experienced the loss of this curl?

Oh, no! Don't worry. It used to be far worse than this!!!

Yes, I know why I lost the curl. It is because I have hair that tangles. I'm learning every year what I need to do to keep the tangles and mats to a minimum.

I am happy because I used to lose tons and tons of hair. I don't anymore. The fact that I have lost only 2 to 3 whole curls in 2018 means that things are going great!

More importantly, I am reaching hair lengths that I have never reached before. I understand how I am getting these length gains and how to retain the length.

Last edited:

Chicoro

I have been stalking this thread and it has been really been inspirational. I did my big chop in November 2012 and I basically started with zero hair. Things went great in the beginning and then my anemia went out if control. It took a while to find the right combination of medications to rectify the anemia issues and my hair has really been flourishing. On my birthday December 14, 2017 I started using TGIN daily moisturizer and my DIY version of Curly Proverbs Ayervedic hair growth oil and have had fabulous results. I then decided that I really wanted to tryout the mixtress life so I made my 1st batch of whipped shea butter in June 2018, and it has been game over ever since. My hair measured 2.5 inches on the sides and 3.5 inches everywhere else in December 2017 and now measures 7.5 inches in the front, 5.5 inches in the middle and back, and 4.5 inches on the sides. I did need one small dusting in May, but it has been smooth sailing ever since! I am looking forward to the last 3 months of this year to see how well I handle 6 solid months of using my homemade hair products!

Next year, I need to put my protective styling in beast mode because I cornroll it at night after I moisturize and seal it. Then in the morning, I finger detangle and pick it out into an afro. I am terrible at flat twists and my two strand twists need to get redone every other night which feels like more manipulation than my current regimen. But I will not be discouraged, my goal is WL hair and I am having a blast on this journey so far.

How did I miss this fabulous post? Congratulations on your success and on your wonderful progress!

sunflora

Flowah Powah
Oh, no! Don't worry. It used to be far worse than this!!!

Yes, I know why I lost the curl. It is because I have hair that tangles. I'm learning every year what I need to do to keep the tangles and mats to a minimum.

I am happy because I used to lose tons and tons of hair. I don't anymore. The fact that I have lost only 2 to 3 whole curls in 2018 means that things are going great!

More importantly, I am reaching hair lengths that I have never reached before. I understand how I am getting these length gains and how to retain the length.

I'm glad to hair the loss has decreased! It's just such beautiful hair lol, part of those tears are just admiration. *grabs a tissue*

sunflora

Flowah Powah
Some good news...

Yesterday I was sitting up on the floor doing some stretches and exercises, in front of the mirror. I had put my hair in bantu knots as I had just taken down my braids. I had planned to re-rebraid the next morning so my braids would look fresh. My hair was pretty stretched. On a whim I decided to take down one of the bantu knots in the very back.

I was so pleasantly surprised that my hair in that section reached my leg. Some of it was laying on my thigh. Now, my hair did not 'cascade' to my leg. Nope.

It was more like an extended reaching of some of the hairs, that were reaching to that point. The amount of hair that touched and laid on my thigh was more than the amount of hair I lost as the whole curl.

This is the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life. I owe a huge part of that to Shea butter.

*squeals with joy*

I can't wait to see your next length check photos!!

sunflora

Flowah Powah
Eczema season has begun. I got my first herald patch in the last couple of years, meaning one of my violent break outs is about to start. I've rubbed myself down with unrefined African Shea Butter - I'll be doing this twice daily.

Every few years, these break outs are like chicken pox and leave me with awful scars. I have scars from my very first major break out that happened when I was twelve. I can't even explain the misery I feel when I see a large patch that tells me a break out is going to begin. I'm hoping shea can at least help in prevent scarring. I have tried things like cetaphil, steriod creams, etc, and in the end there is no cure for one of these outbreaks, you just have to wait it out. When I was 15, I had one the lasted the entire summer. I didn't want to go outside because I looked diseased with all of my splotches.

I'll definitely update if it makes things easier for me, especially if it can help anyone else who suffers breakouts. (hope I'm not derailing the thread, it's more of a random thought but there was shea butter in there too so..... lol).

VictoriousBrownFlower

Eczema season has begun. I got my first herald patch in the last couple of years, meaning one of my violent break outs is about to start. I've rubbed myself down with unrefined African Shea Butter - I'll be doing this twice daily.

Every few years, these break outs are like chicken pox and leave me with awful scars. I have scars from my very first major break out that happened when I was twelve. I can't even explain the misery I feel when I see a large patch that tells me a break out is going to begin. I'm hoping shea can at least help in prevent scarring. I have tried things like cetaphil, steriod creams, etc, and in the end there is no cure for one of these outbreaks, you just have to wait it out. When I was 15, I had one the lasted the entire summer. I didn't want to go outside because I looked diseased with all of my splotches.

I'll definitely update if it makes things easier for me, especially if it can help anyone else who suffers breakouts. (hope I'm not derailing the thread, it's more of a random thought but there was shea butter in there too so..... lol).
Please let us know how it progresses with the shea for your eczema. I know it claims to benefit skin disorders like eczema but I'd love to know if that's true. I have high hopes for you.

Chicoro

I'm glad to hair the loss has decreased! It's just such beautiful hair lol, part of those tears are just admiration. *grabs a tissue*

@sunflora

*passes a purple box of extra soft, Shea butter infused Kleenex*

That is so sweet! I thank you very much for the compliment about my hair. The great thing is that once a person learns what makes their hair thrive, it becomes more beautiful year after year. We are lucky because the information and the way to do that is all right here on LHCF!

Chicoro

*squeals with joy*

I can't wait to see your next length check photos!!

I want to check my length too!

But I don't trust myself to trim. When it comes to trimming my own hair, I have no perspective. I become the hair butcher.

I also don't trust someone here to trim. They are still cutting the hair to make it all even and magazine presentable. I learned that the HARD WAY in 2014 when I went in for a trim. So, I'm not sure when it will happen.

Chicoro

I'm sorry to hear about the eczema break outs. It may not help, but here is a protocol I created for someone here in France with me:

On the Inside of Your Body:
  • Taken with meal:
    • Vitamin D
    • B Complex Stress Formula (very important)
  • Try to finish eating your meals before 7 pm
  • Before bed take
    • 1 probiotic with warm water and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (Rinse your mouth because lemon juice will destroy the enamel on teeth.)
    • 2 fish oil to lubricate colon (Barlean Flaxseed Oil is BEST, fish oil is cheaper and easier to find. I can't easily get the Barlean's here. Flax oil by itself, in a spoon is nasty tasting, too! So, I use the fish oil.)
    • 2-4 prunes taken with hot water or hot tea
    • 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk mixed in with 2 ounces of apple juice
    • 4 to 8 ounces of water
  • Eliminate sugar, including fruit [temporarily]
  • Eliminate red meat including pork [temporarily]
  • Eliminate bread, pastries, wheat pasta and tuna [because of gluten]

On the Outside of Your Body: Do a patch test first, please!
  • Mix 1/2 cup of unprocessed Sunflower oil or Safflower oil (get at health food store) with 1/4 cup of flaxseed oil. Use this as your oil to moisturize your skin.
  • If you use Shea butter, try not to put too much stuff in it. Try it mixed down with Sunflower or safflower oil only.
If you are interested in the 'why' of this process, please let me know.

Last edited:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Hey Shea Queens!

I had this same problem, only I used Shea alone. It made my scalp itch something fierce!!! I really wanted to like it but it’s like I had an allergic reaction to it.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I'm sorry to hear about the eczema break outs. It may not help, but here is a protocol I created for someone here in France with me:

On the Inside of Your Body:
  • Taken with meal:
    • Vitamin D
    • B Complex Stress Formula (very important)
  • Try to finish eating your meals before 7 pm
  • Before bed take
    • 1 probiotic with warm water and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (Rinse your mouth because lemon juice will destroy the enamel on teeth.)
    • 2 fish oil to lubricate colon (Barlean Flaxseed Oil is BEST, fish oil is cheaper and easier to find. I can't easily get the Barlean's here. Flax oil by itself, in a spoon is nasty tasting, too! So, I use the fish oil.)
    • 2-4 prunes taken with hot water or hot tea
    • 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk mixed in with 2 ounces of apple juice
    • 4 to 8 ounces of water
  • Eliminate sugar, including fruit [temporarily]
  • Eliminate red meat including pork [temporarily]
  • Eliminate bread, pastries, wheat pasta and tuna [because of gluten]

On the Outside of Your Body: Do a patch test first, please!
  • Mix 1/2 cup of unprocessed Sunflower oil or Safflower oil (get at health food store) with 1/4 cup of flaxseed oil. Use this as your oil to moisturize your skin.
  • If you use Shea butter, try not to put too much stuff in it. Try it mixed down with Sunflower or safflower oil only.
If you are interested in the 'why' of this process, please let me know.

Thank you for taking up the time to give this advice. I would definitely like to know the why please :)

Chicoro

Warning!: HUGE digression from Shea butter topic!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for taking up the time to give this advice. I would definitely like to know the why please :)

I am not a doctor or a medical practitioner or professional. This is all purely my opinion. Thus, it is always important for you to consult with your doctor! This is my original research and analysis that I have done and put together. You will not find this in an article. Here you go:

Eczema like psoriasis MANIFESTS and SHOWS UP through the skin. They are SYMPTOMS of the real problem. I believe the REAL PROBLEM exists in the stomach/gut. You want to give your body the nutrition and oxygen it needs and optimize digestion and elimination.
  • Digestion: Thoroughly absorb the minerals and vitamins you need from your food and get oxygen into your cells. Fresh, active flax seed oil can help to better oxygenate your blood and thus, your cells.
  • Elimination: You want to get the waste completely out of your body and not have things like estrogen recycle back into your blood stream. Calcium D Glucarate can be taken to bind with estrogen that can get recycled back into the body due to constipation or slow transit of feces. I did not mention Calcium D Glucarate in my original post.

The gastro-intestinal track is very, very sensitive to emotions. Thus, if you have stress in your life or are worried about things, it can impact your digestion. If your digestion is not good, then you may have issues absorbing and getting minerals and vitamins and even oxygen to your cells.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/the-gut-brain-connection

Vitamin B Stress Formula
I think that eczema and psoriasis are ways the body tells us, in its infinite wisdom and love for us, that there is an imbalance that needs to be addressed within our bodies.

On the inside, the importance of Vitamin B Stress formula is that when we stress, we can lose B vitamins twice as fast as we normally lose them and even 3 times faster. Vitamin B is water soluble. You lose it through urine and possibly sweat. The body cannot make it. The critical thing about vitamin B is that your body needs to keep critical body functions processing. For example, your body needs vitamin B to keep your heart beating. But, your hair, skin and nails need it to thrive and look their best.

But if you are critically low on vitamin B, and your body has to choose between rationing that vitamin B and distributing it to your heart or your hair, skin and nails, where do you think that vitamin B is going to go? It's going to going to your heart!

This is partly why hair and skin and nails may suffer when you are under stress. They are lacking vitamin B. Thus, it is important to take a Vitamin B Stress formula to [temporarily] supplement your depleted Vitamin B stores, until you can get in balance.

Vitamin D
Most people of African descent are low in Vitamin D. Vitamin D plays major roles in the life cycle of human cells. Vitamin D is useful when new cells are being created and when old cells are being killed off.

"The non-classical function of vitamin D involves regulation of cellular proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, and innate and adaptive immunity."

[This is a fancy way of saying that every body knows vitamin D is good for the bones. But, what is not traditionally known about vitamin D is that it also impacts cellular growth and division, cell death and natural immunity and immunity we create for ourselves via lifestyle. choices.]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6032242/
(The Role of Vitamin D Beyond the Skeletal Function: A Review of the Molecular and Clinical Studies)

The Skin Cells
The cells in your stomach and in your hair are cells that multiply the fastest and have the fastest turnover. The only other cells that grow EVEN faster are cancer cells. This is why chemotherapy can sometimes make people sick to their stomachs and make their hair fall out. Chemotherapy attacks and destroys fast growing cells. In its path of destruction, unfortunately lies those fast growing cells that line the intestines (Street term is stomach) and your hair cells in your follicles.

It takes about 30 days for a skin cell to go from cradle or birth to grave or death. Thus, you can see the impact of a change in food on your skin within a month or a 30 day cycle. That is because the cells in the gut or stomach are turning over so fast.

Therefore, it is paramount and critical that the cells in the stomach have a constant stream of the proper quality nutrients they need in an adequate quantity, to build a correct, complete and healthy cell as fast as possible. If you are stressing and your stores of vitamin B and vitamin D are depleted, then you are producing cells that lack what they need to not only thrive, but to just survive.

Eat Before 7pm
The body requires 3 to 4 hours to digest food. When you are sleeping, the body slows down. If you have eaten late with undigested food in your stomach, it diverts the body's processes to the digestion of food instead of allowing it to work the healing and repair and building processes that it [normally does]. The digestion process is not likely going to be optimal during sleep. Thus, one should try to eat at least 3 to 4 hours before going to bed to READY the body to help it be able to focus on repair and building while one sleeps.

Probiotic+ Lime or Lemon Juice/Prunes/Fish Oil/Psyllium + Apple Juice Protocol
  • The probiotic helps to add and aid and support the flora in your gut. It helps to balance out the bad and good flora.
  • Prunes serve as a pre-biotic or food for the probiotic you will be taking. In addition, prunes contain the sugar sorbital. Sorbital softens the feces or waste in the colon. I suggest taking the prunes after the probiotic because hot water may destroy the probiotic. Prunes are really sticky on teeth. If you take 2 t0 6 with hot water with lemon, or hot tea, the hot drink will dissolve the prune residue from your teeth.
  • Fish oil lubricates the colon and helps to 'slide' the feces easier from your body. Flax seed oil needs to be mixed with a sulphaneted- protein, such as cottage cheese, to better enter into the cells. Undamaged, naturally processed and made and fresh flaxseed help to get oxygen into the cells. It has to do with an active Electron Cloud. I'll skip that for now as it's not necessary to understand that technical component.
  • The psyllium serves as an insoluble and soluble fiber to help sweep the feces out the colon. I mix the psyllium with apple juice in a glass jar and shake it because it tastes nasty in other way [to me]. Many people over 50 have a 'pockmarked' intestinal track where many pouches have been formed. Sometimes, food and feces get trapped and infection may ensue or form causing diverticulitis. Ground psyllium husk (powdered) helps to keep things moving and pushing through the colon and out the body. The pocks form because food is left inside the colon lining, where those cells turn over the most rapidly. [Some people say fiber can damage the intestines. DO YOUR RESEARCH to make the best decision for you.]
Diverticula usually develop when naturally weak places in your colon give way under pressure. This causes marble-sized pouches to protrude through the colon wall. Diverticulitis occurs when diverticula tear, resulting in inflammation or infection or both.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diverticulitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20371758
(Diverticulitis)

Sugar
Sugar depletes the body of minerals. It literally demineralizes the bones. In addition to this, it destroys the protein in the cells and specifically targets SKIN. It weakens the skin as it relates to the elastin and the collagen. So, now the structure of the skin is attacked. It's called glycation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20620757
(Nutrition and Aging: Skin and Glycation)

The other thing about sugar is that it feeds cancer. A PET Scan is a medical procedure performed to identify cancer in the body. They give the patient a drink with dye (isotope?) in it, linked to sugar in the drink. The cancer cells gobble up the sugar faster than the other cells. They drink up the dye, too. This dye can be picked up by the scan. The areas where there is a concentration of the dye is where there is probably a proliferation of the cancer cells in the body.

"Positron-emission tomography is a nuclear medicine functional imaging technique that is used to observe metabolic processes in the body as an aid to the diagnosis of disease."

(Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positron_emission_tomography)
  • Eliminate red meat and pork
    • Meat is a muscle and is difficult to digest.
    • The goal is the make digestion and elimination as thorough and complete as possible. You do this by making digestion as easy for the body as possible. Therefore it is recommended to eat fish, chicken or eliminate meat [temporarily].
  • No Wheat/Canned tuna Product with gluten
    • Wheat changed in the 1970's. You can look that one up. It is no longer the same. It was changed to be stronger and shorter. Many people began to develop allergies. This causes inflammation and adversely impacts the kidneys and the other organs of elimination.
    • The carbohydrates also change into sugar.
The oils are related to skin tissue composition. You want a 2:1 ratio of undamaged omega 6 and omega 3 oils. Because everyone's diet and needs are different, you will have to determine how much of the omega 6 and 3 you are getting from meat, seeds etc. By placing the oils on your skin, you can get the nutrition benefits into your body through your skin and your blood system.

Easy to find oils (need to be FRESH, UNDAMAGED natural unadulterated oils!)
  • Oils high in Omega 6
    • Sunflower Oil : cheap and easy to find (65% Omega 6)
    • Safflower Oil : cheap and easy to find (75% Omega 6)
    • Evening primrose (expensive and hard to find) (74% Omega 6)
    • Hemp Oil : easy to find, expensive (45% to 65% Omega 6)/Is in both Omega 6 and Omega 3 categories!
    • Grapeseed oil (AVOID! Rare to find this organic and unprocessed) (75% Omega 6)
    • Flaxseed oil: moderately priced, easy to find (20% Omega 6)
  • Oils high in Omega 3
    • Flaxseed oil (55% Omega 3)
    • Pumpskin seed oil (15% Omega 3)
    • Hemp oil (15% Omega 3)
(Source: A Day with the Budwig Diet, by Ursala Eisher and Gene Wei, page 145)
Mix 1/2 cup of Omega 6 to 1/4 cup of Omega 3. Put on body. Put Shea butter on afterwards if you choose to use Shea.

Summary:

• Optimize the digestive process to better ensure the proper nutrients and levels of vitamins and minerals are absorbed.
  • Minimize foods that can hinder your digestion process. Avoid things that deplete your vitamin and mineral sources.
  • Help your body build strong, vital cells. Ensure that you eat and do things to optimize elimination to rid your body of metabolic waste, that includes excess estrogen, through the feces. Therefore, you want to have full and complete evacuations which are also called bowel movements.
I believe prayer/meditation is and important part of the protocol as well. Starting and ending one's day with them may be helpful to you.

*****Edited to add: 80% of immune system is located in the stomach/gut!

Last edited:

Chicoro

@sunflora

I don't know when I'm going to do a real length check on heat straightened hair. So, here's a [pull] length check from June 2018! I pulled my hair today and it's still about the same length. This is one of eight bantu knots. There is one more bantu knot below or under this one.
Shea butter got me to this length.

Sunflora.jpg

I live in this pink robe. Don't judge me. :p:oops:

sunflora

Flowah Powah
@Chicoro, thank you so much for all of that information. I'm definitely going to save that to re-read and try to modify my diet. I have fish/flax/borage oil supplement so I'm now taking that (I stopped using it a long time ago out of laziness). The hardest part for me will be to eliminate fruit from my diet, but I'll give it a try. I just have to say, I'm taking a college level nutrition class and your single post has been far more useful and informative than the 4 weeks I've been taking that class.

I don't fully believe straightened length checks are necessary. Pulling dry hair tends to closely enough simulate the results of straightening hair, unless the roots are very tight. It's pulling wet hair that gives an inaccurate result. But I would never pressure someone to use heat to verify the length of their hair, when gently brushing out or pulling gives a close enough idea of how long it is. That's just my two cents as someone who has had heat damage for years and finally wants to see what my hair would be like without any straight/wavy bits. I think I'll go into a cold sweat if someone were to approach me with a flat iron. :lol:

That is some long, gorgeous hair. I'm the same in the winter with my robes- it's still 80 degrees here, so I just stare at them longingly.