Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Well I just finished making my first henna/SB mix :).

I didn’t measure anything. Just eyeballed it.
Mix includes:

Shea Butter
Mango Butter
Henna
Bringraj
Fenugreek
Haitian Black Castor Oil
Hibiscus
Black Seed Oil
Grape Seed Oil
Safflower Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Vitamin E Oil
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Broccoli Seed Oil
Hempseed Oil

* Added Snickerdoodle fragrance oil which reminds me of Hairveda’s Vatika Frosting :drool:*

4529183C-084F-4E95-9F96-7338D00D2B90.jpeg

096A3C7F-3458-444A-A970-22F417F86B03.jpeg

ETA- I used the double broiler method and left it in the fridge for about 3 hours. I whipped it for 7 minutes or so and afterwards I use a seive like the lady did in one of the videos posted in this thread. End result is very creamy which I love.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@flyygirlll2
LAWD Sis!:eek:...:thud:

Those turnt out Goodt.:lick:

I see those "Jars" came in Handy!:laugh:'

Where'd you get your scents from? What other ones did you get?

Girl, that jar is the one I got from Spranz that came with that detangler Lol.

I bought the fragrance oils from Amazon. They’re pretty good quality. So far I love the Snickerdoodle and Cupcake :2inlove:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017JCBVAY/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1515974755&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=fragrance+oil&dpPl=1&dpID=41Xz17UX+tL&ref=plSrch

I got this set.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Girl, just when I thought I couldn’t be bothered.... and here I am :eek::lachen:
@flyygirlll2
For my Butters - Specifically SB-based ones I'll probably never buy another on-line one unless somebody is specializing in Unicorn Tears or Fairy Wings or something.:yawn:

Especially when we've been able to "capture the magic":infatuated:

And I maintain half the ones I've whipped up are just as good (if not better):look:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@flyygirlll2
I thought about experimenting with some "other butters" but I wanna be able to effectively evaluate SB (on its own).

I did buy some Baobab Oil and some Camellia Oil and will make some blends with these.

I’ll see how this first mix goes and go from there. I have both of these oils as well. I’ll have to do a more simpler mix next time. I went off on the oils today :giggle:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@flyygirlll2
For my Butters - Specifically SB-based ones I'll probably never buy another on-line one unless somebody is specializing in Unicorn Tears or Fairy Wings or something.:yawn:

Especially when we've been able to "capture the magic":infatuated:

And I maintain half the ones I've whipped up are just as good (if not better):look:

This. Now that I’ve done it myself, I don’t really feel the need to purchase another one unless I get very lazy.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@flyygirlll2
Do you think you're going to like all the scents that came in your collection?

I made a mock cart with: Marshmallow, Cupcake, Cotton Candy, Sugar Cookie (just looking around).:drunk:

Well so far none of the scents make me want to :censored: so that’s a good sign :lol:.

I like Snickerdoodle, Cupcake, Sugar Cookie, and Pumpkin Pie the most right now. Ooooo Cotton Candy and Marshmallow sounds good :lick:

Keen

My Shea mix is whipped. It only took a little bit over an hour to harden. The only grainy feeling I get is from the hibiscus powder. I melted it, mix all the ingredients, put it in the fridge for an hour, then whip it. At first I was afraid I put too much power because the mixture looked dark. It lighten up after I whipped it. My only regret is forgetting to add castor oil and not having fenugreek puree on hand. My hair likes both.

My mix:
infused CP oil
Cassia powder
Amla powder
Brahmi power
few drops of Rosemary and tea tree oils
Hibiscus powder

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@flyygirlll2
Even with everything I've purchased so far, (butters, mixer, fragrance oils) it's still much "Cheaper" than what I would have spent on buying a couple Pre-Mix SB Blends (with shipping, size etc....):twocents:

True. That’s one of the benefits to doing this yourself. Once I venture into doing body butters ect. You won’t be able to tell me nothing :giggle: