Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Shea Butter Tree Facts:

• It takes Shea Butter trees 20 to 30 years to mature.
  • Shea Butter trees begin to produce fruit after 10 years.
  • Shea Butter trees produce fruit for about 200 years! :eek:

Let me sponsor a tree! Even better, let me invest in a Shea Butter Tree farm. That's a real thing, too. I know for a fact a wealthy man in Florida, with whom I worked, owned a tree farm! I believe his was fir trees. Shea Butter Tree farms will turn a profit in 10 years.

Last edited:

Chicoro

To "Indianitta Jones" aka @ElevatedEnergy ,

Thank you so much for leading us to this treasure trove of videos. Her [Hamata's] Shea Butter Documentary has become my all time favorite. The woman in the video refers to Shea Butter as, 'Gold'. I would agree. It's more precious than any gold statue can ever be or ever will be.

Shea Butter is ...

TREASURE!!!!!!

Soo precious

It will make you fall in love with your hair, all over again!

Last edited:

victory777

Absolutely gorgeous!!:bdance:
Thanks ladies @Chicoro and @ElevatedEnergy . This thread is so progressive and positive. I added whipped Shea Butter to my natural conditioner from APB and it was the best ever. My DIY henna bars (Curly Proverbz recipe) that I utilized with Shea Butter eliminated my need for an additional conditioner.:toocool: Now to research DIY body scrubs and face creams with Shea as the star!

Question Ladies: For those who are using Rhassoul clay for wash days, is that adequate for cleansing when you are incorporating Shea Butter doing the week?

GGsKin

Absolutely gorgeous!!:bdance:
Thanks ladies @Chicoro and @ElevatedEnergy . This thread is so progressive and positive. I added whipped Shea Butter to my natural conditioner from APB and it was the best ever. My DIY henna bars (Curly Proverbz recipe) that I utilized with Shea Butter eliminated my need for an additional conditioner.:toocool: Now to research DIY body scrubs and face creams with Shea as the star!

Question Ladies: For those who are using Rhassoul clay for wash days, is that adequate for cleansing when you are incorporating Shea Butter doing the week?

I would think to use something a little stronger. For my skin and hair, rhassoul clay is more moisturising than cleansing so I tend to mix with some calcium bentonite or something else. I haven't managed to get round to my weekly wash yet but the dirt has stuck to the Shea butter/ gel combination, and my HIH isn't helping issues. I wanna pick up some Redken Cleansing Cream.

victory777

I would think to use something a little stronger. For my skin and hair, rhassoul clay is more moisturising than cleansing so I tend to mix with some calcium bentonite or something else. I haven't managed to get round to my weekly wash yet but the dirt has stuck to the Shea butter/ gel combination, and my HIH isn't helping issues. I wanna pick up some Redken Cleansing Cream.
Thank you so much! What is your mix for the skin? Your skin is flawless and dewy:2inlove:. I've been adding shea to a small face jar with a few drops of emu oil post peels and my skin has been rebounding faster.

GGsKin

Thank you so much! What is your mix for the skin? Your skin is flawless and dewy:2inlove:. I've been adding shea to a small face jar with a few drops of emu oil post peels and my skin has been rebounding faster.

Thank you:infatuated:. I haven't done a facial clay mask in a little while. It used to be whenever I washed my hair and would consist of the same mix (a combo of c.bentonite, rhassoul, SAA, water, ACV or steeped hibiscus tea). If I was just doing a mask, I'd just mix a little clay, water and ACV.

For this past 8 or 9 months, Korean skincare and layering concepts, vit C, sunscreen, peels, peptides and a load of other goodies from MUAC and The Ordinary are keeping things in check:yep:.

Oh and a light touch of LM Candleglow doesn't go amiss lol.

naturalagain2

Please share your recipe... would love to use on my kids.

1 cup Shea Butter
½ cup Coconut Oil
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Heat Shea butter and coconut oil using the double boiler method. Stick in refrigerator for an hour. Then I took it out and mixed for 5 mins then added the cinnamon and vanilla extract then whipped for another min or two. Looks like buttercream frosting and smells divine! I think I will add cocoa butter wafers in it next time. The kids love it. My oldest baby skin is back to normal.

ThatJerseyGirl

Then, I found this one from @ElevatedEnergy 's post::eek:

:grouphug3:Come here, ya'll and look!:grouphug2:

It was almost too much :cantlook::cantlook: beauty for me.

Her skin!:eek: Her body! :eek: What she is saying!:eek: The music! :eek: The scenery...:click::click::click::click::click:

I'll be watching this EVERY morning as part of my daily meditation.

I have a friend from Mali and her body looks JUST like this and EFFORTLESSLY! :cry3::lachen:

What a pretty commercial advertisement. :2inlove:

Excellent video and her skin looks like liquid chocolate gold! Have you or anyone in this thread placed an order with Hamamat yet?

ThatJerseyGirl

I got an inch cut off my hair this morning and will be having another 1 inch trim in 8 weeks. I sure hope this SB helps to get my ends on track.

I have been using the comb to detangle and my new stylist told me to use my fingers as much as possible to do so.

Thing is I hate detangling with my fingers but I have to at least try this time around :sad:. How do you ladies do it? It is so laborious.

Hi Aggie!!! It is laborious, but I did it when I removed my weave and it was very challenging. For me, I had to be in a good place mentally because it took me a very long time to do, but was worth it. I trimmed off 1/2 inch. The shea butter has been a blessing on my ends, so much so that for my next wash, I'm using it as a pre poo. Meanwhile, I am so glad I had it removed. I went to the store yesterday and needed a hat because my head was so cold. The air felt good on my scalp, but it was brutally windy lololol...

CocoGlow

Yellow Shea Butter is called "Safari" butter by the Ghanians. It has an herb in it that I can't write, because I don't know the Ghanian language. She says it in the video. It's a healing herb.

@Chicoro

Here she goes into a little more depth about YELLOW Shea Butter and it's benefits. From what I gather, it may be hard for us non-Shea Butter experts to determine which vendors are selling the fake version where she says they add Palm Oil for color or other yellow herbs/dyes to mimic the original Yellow Shea Butter because the herb they use for the original (paajaii) is unique and only found in the local forest.

Side note: She is absolutely GORGEOUS and she looks mesmerizing in that yellow outfit against her perfect chocolate skin!

caribeandiva

Human being
After I finished making my batch of Shea Butter on Sunday I didn’t wanna waste a drop. So after I filled up my jars I applied used my hands to get all of the Shea Butter off of my mixing bowl, utensils used and my electric mixer. I applied it everywhere on my skin. And I mean EVERYWHERE... :blondboob: I went to bed feeling like a buttered goddess ready to walk the Victoria’s Secret fashion show runway. :lol: Today’s Tuesday and I STILL have the veil of Shea on me! Without reapplying mind you. This stuff is amazing!

Chicoro

@Chicoro

Here she goes into a little more depth about YELLOW Shea Butter and it's benefits. From what I gather, it may be hard for us non-Shea Butter experts to determine which vendors are selling the fake version where she says they add Palm Oil for color or other yellow herbs/dyes to mimic the original Yellow Shea Butter because the herb they use for the original (paajaii) is unique and only found in the local forest.

Side note: She is absolutely GORGEOUS and she looks mesmerizing in that yellow outfit against her perfect chocolate skin!

So, then, only real, yellow Shea Butter should come from Ghana?

CocoGlow

So, then, only real, yellow Shea Butter should come from Ghana?

I don't know ... but this makes me wonder if other regions use similar yellow healing herbs that are native to those areas or ... :look:

I don't want to believe that everyone else is just adding Red Palm Oil or worse, yellow dye, but this makes me want to stick with the Raw Ivory-Colored Shea Butter to play it safe ...

Chicoro

I don't know ... but this makes me wonder if other regions use similar yellow healing herbs that are native to those areas or ... :look:

I don't want to believe that everyone else is just adding Red Palm Oil or worse, yellow dye, but this makes me want to stick with the Raw Ivory-Colored Shea Butter to play it safe ...

I know, huh! I think I am going to stick to the ivory, funk-free Shea Butter, too!

Chicoro

After I finished making my batch of Shea Butter on Sunday I didn’t wanna waste a drop. So after I filled up my jars I applied used my hands to get all of the Shea Butter off of my mixing bowl, utensils used and my electric mixer. I applied it everywhere on my skin. And I mean EVERYWHERE... :blondboob: I went to bed feeling like a buttered goddess ready to walk the Victoria’s Secret fashion show runway. :lol: Today’s Tuesday and I STILL have the veil of Shea on me! Without reapplying mind you. This stuff is amazing!

Ahm, that's not too far-fetched.
  • Beautiful Amazonian Body (Check)
  • Fabulous skin (Check)
  • Shea Butter user (Check)
I think you qualify for a buttered goddess. You don't need Victoria's Secret fashion show runway. All you need to do is step outside and the world's your runway! Walk, walk, walk...Work It, Girl!

Night, night, ya'll!

jennex

That's the very word I used to describe my Shea butter I had: Pungent! Now, we know. If the shea nuts were allowed to ferment before extraction, the resulting Shea butter can smell kind of funky!

I'll take natural funk over chemical funk, any day! I thought the smell was from
being hexane (chemically) extracted. Glad to know it's a natural odor!

Good intel @jennex !

Come in from the field. You get a well deserved break to rest, study up a bit, and prepare for the next assignment.

@Chicoro
Girl, you're killing me with these gifs! I'm glad you found this helpful.

jennex

Welp....just getting back online after losing my sister...hardest thing to deal with. I had to go to a local salon before her services for a quick flat twist updo as I didn't trust anyone straightening my hair. I think I still had a setback as I saw lots of hair on the floor.

I plan to take this style out by the end of the week and love on my hair. Just ordered the hot head cap to help with deep conditioning.
Very sorry for your loss...

jennex

:yep: I can attest to this. I used the SB I mixed on Saturday for a friend's eczema on my left thigh that has dry keratosis pilaris just above the knee and can I tell you, this morning, that patch is greatly diminished. I am very happy with the many benefits of shea butter. Now I want to use it all over my body. Time to get to mixin' some other concoctions with this stuff.
Interesting! I've seen a big improvement with the keratosis pilaris I have on the back of my forearms. And I've been using shea butter a lot lately. Didn't even make the connection!