Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Garner

I ran out of my Shea mix today. So I whipped up a new batch. I used my white Shea butter from Cleopatras choice and used even less oil to whip it. Only 2 tbsp of evoo and 1.5 tbsp of coconut oil. It yielded a third less product as a result though. But it seems that my butter goes a longer way now so I don’t have to use as much. I guess it evens out? :scratchchin: I don’t know. Oh and I used pina colada fragrance for scent. I’m in love!! I can’t stop smelling it! :lick:

View attachment 426257
@caribeandiva Your SB mix looks so yummy!!! I bet the pina colada fragrance is heavenly!!!

weavepat

I had to whip up more butter today. I typically use mango butter as a base but I found a hunk of shea and figured I'd see what all the fuss was about. The roses are some oil packs I made and froze for conditioning treatments. They already have oils I like in the ratio I like so I didn't have to measure anything. Just added some crumbles of kokum and cocoa butters in case the mix didn't set. I whipped it on high for 10 minutes to get it really fluffy. It's not greasy and absorbs well. Overall I'm really pleased.IMG_20180310_130923240-2016x1134.jpg IMG_20180310_134002684-1134x2016.jpg IMG_20180310_130643265-2016x1134.jpg

Daina

Mix the coconut with the pina colada next time. Half and half. Your nose will be in heaven.

Chile you better testify!!!! I had the pleasure of doing that in my last batch cause pina colada was low so I mixed with the coconut and put it on my body and hair and hunty.......my husband sniffed and followed me around all day! Him and the 3-year old just kept hugging me. Needless to say this is my new favorite combo.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I am very happy to hear this. Whenever I see your font, I always pray I see good news of your continued success in this area of your life. :)

Thank you for the kind words. This could have been an expensive experience with little results. But I'm truly thankful that is worked out so well, at this point. I'm hopeful that I can start to wear different hair styles in just a few months, not just the one style that covers my thinning spots.

ArrrBeee

I finally finished reading this thread in it's entirety. You ladies are hilarious, creative, inspirational, and I could go on and on.

I hit up the local Indian grocer and found Brahmi, Kalpi Tone, Tulsi, Kalonji oil, and Amla powder. I'm having flashbacks to when I first joined the forum and was a major product junkie. I'll order a few more things and start the process of becoming a Shea unicorn.

GGsKin

I finally finished reading this thread in it's entirety. You ladies are hilarious, creative, inspirational, and I could go on and on.

I hit up the local Indian grocer and found Brahmi, Kalpi Tone, Tulsi, Kalonji oil, and Amla powder. I'm having flashbacks to when I first joined the forum and was a major product junkie. I'll order a few more things and start the process of becoming a Shea unicorn.

Psst! @caribeandiva we've got another one Shea-sliding on in here:woot:
:welcome: and hello @ArrrBeee. I hope we get to see your mix too. It sounds like it's going to be delicious.

caribeandiva

Human being
Mix the coconut with the pina colada next time. Half and half. Your nose will be in heaven.
Chile you better testify!!!! I had the pleasure of doing that in my last batch cause pina colada was low so I mixed with the coconut and put it on my body and hair and hunty.......my husband sniffed and followed me around all day! Him and the 3-year old just kept hugging me. Needless to say this is my new favorite combo.
:lachen::lachen:Will do!! I’m so excited!!!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

Yeah that combo is fire. Once those sweet smells hits your nervous system, a switch clicks and they automatically reduce your stress levels.
I'm using it at the moment in a shampoo bar. I'm thinking about making a lotion with that combo too. Maybe in the Summer.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Alight y’all, I’ve been on my Shea butter journey for 3 months now!! So I’m treating y’all to 2 progress shots this month! :lol: Thank you ladies for all you do and all the gold nuggets I’ve acquired through this thread alone. My hair, finances and ovaries are gon be right this year!! :lol: without further ado, here they are: My progress pictures

30 days:
View attachment 426195
3 month progress (day 1 to now):

View attachment 426197

:flahssssss:

:bouncy:

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
@AbsyBlvd and @YvetteWithJoy

Thanks ladies but Boooo. I guess I'll have to start whipping up some flax seed gels for the summer months. I like to premade alternative for traveling. Or let's be real when I'm being lazy lol

I've also been following the convo about scents. I'm personally not a fan of the coconut smell I prefer something more fruity or a little floral. Any recommendations? I'm in loooove w the alikay naturals shea parfait scent if anyone *cough @ElevatedEnergy cough* knows a dupe. If npt i was thinking to add lavender essential oil. I def feel whipped raw butters (my premade alternative are by bglh) are 10x no 100x better in terms of sealing in moisture and shine.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Applied my shea mix to damp hair.

I've noticed that my hair is more spongey like @snoop mentioned. I also have midshaft knots, which I haven't had in a long time. My hair though feels and looks really good. I think it's related to:

- the mix of shampoos I was using after moving (condensed everything into one bottle)
- the gel I've been using
- not using straight protein in a while

But I'll experiment more before making a judgment call.