Shea Moisture Purification Mask

lonei

Hi ladies

I am textlaxed and have just bought this along with the Moisture Retention Poo. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I was wondering if it is moisturising enough to use as my deep conditioner for moisture? I plan to go under the steamer with it for 15-30 mins and just add in my leave ins after I rinse it out. I understand its supposed to be a clarifier but the reviews I have read about tangles melting away really gives me hope. If I need another moisturising con, pls recommend one.

Thanks and God bless x

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I have used both. They are pretty cleaning.

The mask I used on dry hair and it took enough build-up off to not be a problem when I cowashed. I really liked it.

The shampoo is pretty good too. I use it as a clarifier.

In case you are worried I would recommend:
Using it as at half strength with half shampoo and half water and if it isn't/is too strong either use it full strength or dilute it more.

I did not get tangles, just cleaner hair that was cleaned and slightly stripped, but I could have used a light protein afterwards because it did not take much out. Like I said, I consider it a clarifier so I was expecting certain behavior from my hair after using it, but it wasn't anything too horrible.

Just give it a try, but it's one of the products of the line that actually get good reviews so it is worth a try. I was worried to use it too, but it really does work.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Yes I am relaxed.

I only lather once and let it sit for a few seconds. You don't have to let it sit but usually with clarifiers you "should" because it works better. It might dry the hair out to, so if you want to let it sit, just be careful and monitor it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

cutenss

I am natural, with fine strands. I prefer this on dry hair as a prepoo/cowash. I did care for it as a moisturizing DC.

Beamodel

I use the purification masque as a co-cleanser. I love it. It cleans great without stripping. Smells great too. I'm relaxed

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Relaxed Here

Purification Hair Masque - I use it as a Cleanser/CoCleanse. Great for removing heavy product build-up

Hibiscus30

Used this as a prepoo and let it sit for a few mins. I tried it as a deep conditioner with my steamer...uh uhh! No ma'am my hair became a rebel! That's been some time ago haven't use it in over a year.

But I loved it as a prepoo! (I'm natural)

Ms. Tiki

Texlaxed here! I use it on damp hair as a pre-poo with steam. I know crazy but my hair loves it. I also use it as a base when I use my Ayurvedic powders

KinkyRN

I think that this is the best line *black and gold label* that SM has made. It works for me because I am protein sensitive.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Still lovin' this one as a Cleansing Conditioner. Works Great on Dry Hair. Allow to sit & soak in before rinsing.

This is the best thing I've tried from this entire Line.

This & the Shower Gels.

I still have Manuka & Manufra Mask to try.

NaturallyATLPCH

I can usually find it at Walgreens. This is my primary cleanser right now. I spray my hair with an oil/water mix, apply the mask (focusing on my scalp), put a plastic cap on, let it sit for at least an hour, then rinse, DC, and continue.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The Last few I picked up has either been from Walgreen's or on-line from Target.

I think I may have also picked up a few jars on-line from ULTA during one of their Sales.

yynot

I broke down and had to get it from Sally, not on sale. I totally forgot about Ulta. Should have gone there.