Shedding: Does it bother you?

CoCoEspresso

I read posts where ladies rave about losing only a couple strands of hair after washing, and I'm like:look:. That never happens to me. I never have really done anything to correct this "problem", like trying new products because I never worried about it too much. I guess everyone has their own norm for shedding, and I guess the shedding that I do see is normal for me. I never see more or less. I don't comb except on wash days, so I know that I will have a good amount of shed hairs in my comb when I do wash. However, since I recently started to CW once a week as well as Poo, I am seeing the same amount of shedding on both days. It's the same amount that I would lose if I just washed one day a week. Should I be bothered by that? When does shedding bother you? What is your norm?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Shedding doesn't bother me as much as breakage...:mad: :mad:

Do you comb your hair before washing? If not, you could be just shedding the hairs that you were going to lose anyway. I think we typically are supposed to lose a certain amount of hair per day.

As long as you don't have gobs of hair combing out, I wouldn't worry too much. :kiss:

Spidergul

I for one think I shed way too much. I am surprised I still have hair on my head.
What really bothers me is that is is not just breakage, it at the root!:confused:
I don't know how to combat it so I just deal with it.:ohwell: Some days are worst than others, but I shed a lot!:perplexed

KhandiB

This was my shedding about a month ago , after a braid out .. (after a relaxer as well) This isnt even a quarter of the shedding, OMG.. I was having heart palpitations .. I hadnt combed my hair in about 10 days ..

After another braid out , but after using Aphogee keratin and Green Tea Restrucurizer , no combing for about 7 days .. hardly no shedding at all!!!!

CoCoEspresso

OMG Khandi!!!:eek: Okay I am much more appreciative now. You use Aphogee GTR you say? Hmmm... Might have to look into that. I took a picture of my shed hairs, but I don't have my camera. It's close to your bottom picture, though. My last two washes I tried separating my hair into four sections and combing through with a wide tooth comb to remove the shed hairs. Then I apply my DC, braid each section up, wash, apply conditioner/detangler mix and detangle. I'm not sure if I want to continue to comb my dry hair though. It seems unnecessary. I don't notice any difference in my hair despite shedding and I have been able to retain a good amount of length, so I am not too worried.

nicki6

I shed a LOT and it does bother me to an extent. I've tried quite a few products and it hasn't change, so I guess I'll live with it. My hair does not appear to be thinning and this must be my norm:ohwell:

br0wney3z

KhandiB said:
This was my shedding about a month ago , after a braid out .. (after a relaxer as well) This isnt even a quarter of the shedding, OMG.. I was having heart palpitations .. I hadnt combed my hair in about 10 days ..

After another braid out , but after using Aphogee keratin and Green Tea Restrucurizer , no combing for about 7 days .. hardly no shedding at all!!!!

I hate that I shed, b/c I think I shed more than average and I don't know what to do about it. I did however start using the ApHogee Green Tea spray after every wash (co-wash and weekly wash) and I have noticed that not only has my breakage become close to non-exsistent, but my shedding has also really decreased. I am a big fan of this stuff now.

KhandiB

Yeah that Aphogee KGTR is the truth .. It has made my shedding almost non existant :) - I mean youre gonna shed and go through times within the year when its heavier than other times .. but this is way better than doing protien treatments that I nevr felt work anyways

bLackButtaFly

I don't brush or comb my hair often, and I generally don't worry about shedding, as long as it's the long strands not the little broken pieces. I also think I'd probably worry alot more if I didn't notice any growth as well as excessive shedding, or if my ends looked real raggedy. However a little shedding is pretty normal. As long as I don't see any bald spots I'm pretty okay.

omnipadme

Green Tea Reconstructor and protein treatments have helped me dramatically. It seems that I've stopped shedding overnight. Definitely a keeper.