Shedding (New to the Forum)

leontyneb

Hi, I am new to the forum and I wanted to ask a question regarding shedding. I know hair sheds at least 60 to 100 hairs per day, but my hair has never done that I guess because I used to wear it down a lot and I guess never noticed it. Now, that I have been wearing a protective style and doing the baggie technique, I have seen a lot of hair, I guess shedding, when I comb it out. I don't usually comb through my hair everyday. The hair that is coming out, is it due to me not combing it everday or is it just shedding?

webby

Think Slim
Welcome :wave:

Two products stopped my post-partum shedding immediately:
Nexxus Keraphix and Nexxus Emergencee.

If you try these, don't use them back to back. Always alternate between either product and a deep moisturizing conditioner.

HTH

KAddy

I think you are correct in your reasoning as to why you feel as though you are seeing a lot of hairs. I know that when I wear my hair and don't really comb it, I don't see many shed strands, but when I proceed to comb it I think it's a lot. I feel like those are the strands that would have normally shed, but didn't because of the way I had my hair styled (in a protective style).

dreemssold

If you think the shedding is excessive, then a protein treatment probably is a good idea; however, I know that if I don't comb my hair for 3 days, I'll have 3Xs my normal shedding. It's similar to how a person with braids, with they take their hair down, they have more shedding than normal, because the hair hasn't been able to shed for the duration of the time the braids were up. HTH :).