Shop of horror

mturnr88

:nono: Never will I EVER go to a beautician again. For the first time in years I decided to just go in and have my hair washed and flat ironed. Prior to me going I asked if they used Nexxus products and they told me yes so I made my appointment. I've been using Nexxus Hair Therappe and Humectress Conditioner and it has done wonders for my hair. I haven't had to use a detangler even when its time to relax my hair.

So I go in to have my hair washed and then once my hair is wet she tells me that they sell Nexxus but they don't use it on the clients hair but they use Paul Mitchell and Redken. I thought that would be fine until my hair felt completely dry while she was blow drying it. She was ripping my hair while combing, didn't go from the ends to the top and I could literally hear my hair being pulled apart. She was just pulling the flat iron through my hair and I just couldn't believe it. Then she had the nerve to tell me I need my ends trimmed. She couldn't even comb through my hair correctly so what would make her think I would allow her to put sissors to my hair?

I worked so hard to get my hair back healthy for the last 10 months and I refuse to have a set back. No one takes care of your hair like you.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

I agree that no one takes care of your hair like you would do. Did you stop here when she was combing your hair wrong and tell her how to do it? Honestly I would have gotten up when she told me they do use Nexxus products on her client. I would have told her why I was leaving. I don't like when people are dishonest. She could have told you that over the phone. I hope you didn't lose a lot of hair.

Not cool. One thing i've learned is to always BRING your products with you. People look at you crazy, but that's okay!

Sorry that happened to you but I would have had a free shampoo that day. I would have confronted her on the fact that before you made the appointment, you specifically asked for Nexxus products, now all of a sudden they don't use those products but it's for sale. I would have asked for the manager also. After speaking my peace, I would have gone home with a wet head and finished it myself. Seems like a deceptive practice to me, get my head wet so I won't go anywhere.

Also what did you say when she was abusing your hair like that?

I ha a horrible experience with a natural stylists braiding my hair about 6 months ago and they were product pushers! But I didn't say anything...I hate confrontation but I just find that doing my hair myself is best...

Sorry you had this experience...now I will go flying off the handle when you pull out scissors....haha the devil is a lie and those need to be put away

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Poopiedo -- OMG I wanted to walk out and I wish I would have.

I asked her why was she combing my hair like that and she was like "am I being to rough." So I told her that she wasn't combing it right and she changed but I felt like she was hiding the amount of hair that was coming out.

I really wish that I would have just walked out, wet hair and all.

Kami -- I should have brought my stuff with me. They were trying to sell me this Nexxus that was in a bottle that I had never even seen before. I should have known when she was telling me how her hair hasn't grown past her ears and theres nothing you can do to get your hair long, its just in the genes. I told her she needed to go to the LHCF and she wasn't trying to hear that.

Destine2 -- She tried to do some "service recovery" at the end by saying she hoped I'd be back but I just stared at her and said nothing. I'm so hurt right now. Even now my hair feels thin and I just pray that I haven't had a set back.

Scarlet -- I also don't like confrontation and before I made the appointment I told them that I don't want to be asked about trimming my hair and she didn't until the end. She already knew I wasn't having it.

OP its a learning lesson and your hair will rebound! I know that sometimes we are scared to speak up but we have to for the sake of our hair, work, and progress! Just continue with your regimen and you will be fine!

OP its a learning lesson and your hair will rebound! I know that sometimes we are scared to speak up but we have to for the sake of our hair, work, and progress! Just continue with your regimen and you will be fine!

what she said

You'll bounce back. I'll tell anyone, it may be hard for some to speak up or confront people, but if you don't feel something is right say so. Speak up about anything that will directly affect you because after everything is said and done you willl have to face the consequences of another person's actions be it good or bad.

Hopefully the constant care you have been giving your hair has provided protection against this isolated incident.

I'm so sorry OP. I hope everything turns out fine. Just try to do damage control now so that it's not too bad. Don't go back. :nono:

I'm a nice person by nature and unfortunately people take that kindness for weakness. I pick and choose my battles carefully because some things aren't worth the expended energy.... but when it comes to my hair, I'll kick someone in the face. :look: :lol: And I'm not even violent. :lol:

Back