Should I? (braids and swimming)

Hey Ladies,

I am swimming this semester, and frankly I am tired of dealing with wet hair 2x per week after swim class. Do you think it would be o.k. for my hair if I got kinky twist for the remainder of the semester?With the twists I would wash after every swim as usual but I wouldn't be able to deep-condition like I would my regular hair, though I plan to use a leave-in after every wash. BTW my hair is doulble-processed (relaxer+highlights). I'm basically planning to do the grow afro hair long method. Am i asking for troble or should this be safe/
Thanks in advance

I had kinky twist for 5 weeks one summer while I took a swim class over the summer. I had to get into the pool five days a week so your results may not be like mine but I had so much build up when i took my twists out that it wasn't even funny. I was crying as I took them out and tried to loosen the build up. Your situation may be different though since u only have to go 2x a week in stead of everyday. Also, I couldn't find a swimming cap that would fit over the thick kinky twists. Maybe you should look into finding some type of cap and see if it will fit over your head.

Back