Shoulder Length 2012 Challenge

claud-uk

Checking in... getting rid of shampoo and deep conditioning twice a week, and finger detangling is working out wonderful it has been for about two months! I don't think I'll probably change my regimen any time soon.

20Something - how often will you be DC'ing? Thanks

I figured out how to make my bun look fuller, just wanted to share with the rest of the ear/nose length ladies, we can protect those ends with grace. Shot on the left are my short chunky twist, then I bunned them on the right. If you look closely, you will see the middle back of my hair is only a nubb sticking out, so I had to find that one spot on my head where most of my hair was.:lachen:

Seamonster - what a great idea. what are you doing with the ends? have you pinned them or are they fixed under with the ponytail holder? thanks!

This thread has become soooo quiet... I might go scouting for more challengers :lol:

Seamonster

claud-uk Thanks, My ends are just looped under the pony tail holder. I have never been really good with bobby pins. The plastic always come off exposing the metal, so I feel safer with my pony tail holder.

beautyintheyes

I would like to join this challenge I'm grazing shoulder after my bc but I've always been grazing sl so I'm at a sand still hoping that my hair grows past this length to prove to me it can

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
beautyintheyes said:
I would like to join this challenge I'm grazing shoulder after my bc but I've always been grazing sl so I'm at a sand still hoping that my hair grows past this length to prove to me it can

Welcome!:)

claud-uk

:welcome: beautyintheeyes

Do you have any pics? Are you completely natural now? What are your goals for the rest of the year? What's your current regi? Do you have any particular concerns about your hair? Thanks!

IronButterfly

I don't have anything particular to add...but when I saw the replies...666...I had to jump in and change that. Call me stupid-stitous.....:ohwell:

667 replies...whew!

sckri23

IronButterfly said:
I don't have anything particular to add...but when I saw the replies...666...I had to jump in and change that. Call me stupid-stitous.....:ohwell:

667 replies...whew!

I was about to do the same thing lol

beautyintheyes

claud-uk said:
:welcome: beautyintheeyes

Do you have any pics? Are you completely natural now? What are your goals for the rest of the year? What's your current regi? Do you have any particular concerns about your hair? Thanks!

I'm sorry I didn't give that info hehehe but I've been natural but I've been the slave to the flat iron do I never had long hair ad an adult here is how long the back is and my goal is to be full sl by the end of the year I'm not concerned with anything right now it's just taking a long real from growing and I'm upset

Attachments

• image-281693648.jpg
    image-281693648.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 40

claud-uk

I'm sorry I didn't give that info hehehe but I've been natural but I've been the slave to the flat iron do I never had long hair ad an adult here is how long the back is and my goal is to be full sl by the end of the year I'm not concerned with anything right now it's just taking a long real from growing and I'm upset

Thanks for the info! You look to be at almost CBL (collar bone) which is a step closer to APL!

Good for you if you have no real issues - do you check your ends regularly for splits/damage/dryness from the irons? Sometimes that **** can sneak up on a girl! If you aren't losing length at the ends from breakage and it is just a case of slow going, how about taking some vitamins for extra growth?

Seamonster

beautyintheeyes :welcome4: hair buddy!

I think of full shoulder length as being past the beginning of my shoulder bone in my back, which is a couple inches past collar bone. In the challenges it is often considered at the point where your neck goes from skinny to wide and muscular. I personally consider this full neck length. That is why you have to look at a picture to tell which shoulder length a person is referring to, some people are clearly Collarbone length, and state they are shoulder length because they are chasing shoulder bone length, which is past the actual shoulders on the body. While others that are shoulder length have hair that isn't past their actual shoulders yet

It gets even deeper, some like to claim a length based upon pulling wet hair to a length, flat ironed hang length, blow dried length, twisted length, or braided length. The most brave dare for unstretched length. We are here to support your goals. Looks like you are aiming for Full Shoulder Blade flat ironed.

Seamonster

It is five days to my monthly trim, and I can't wait. I am so looking forward to having a head of healthy hair with hard work. Hoping monthly micro trims don't slow my progress to shoulder length, but even still I really want gorgeous shoulder length hair with pretty ends. I hope to grow my hair to a cute a line bob this year. We will see when I flat iron at the end of the year, how I did.

beautyintheyes

claud-uk said:
Thanks for the info! You look to be at almost CBL (collar bone) which is a step closer to APL!

Good for you if you have no real issues - do you check your ends regularly for splits/damage/dryness from the irons? Sometimes that **** can sneak up on a girl! If you aren't losing length at the ends from breakage and it is just a case of slow going, how about taking some vitamins for extra growth?

I trim my hair every 2 to 3 months like a half a centimeter lol and I haven't really noticed any growth in the past 4 months but I tried doing a protein treatment last month after taking down an install and I had a protein overload so I babied my hair for 2 weeks and then did a trim and put in a new install in hopes that I'll see some growth

beautyintheyes

Seamonster said:
beautyintheeyes :welcome4: hair buddy!

I think of full shoulder length as being past the beginning of my shoulder bone in my back, which is a couple inches past collar bone. In the challenges it is often considered at the point where your neck goes from skinny to wide and muscular. I personally consider this full neck length. That is why you have to look at a picture to tell which shoulder length a person is referring to, some people are clearly Collarbone length, and state they are shoulder length because they are chasing shoulder bone length, which is past the actual shoulders on the body. While others that are shoulder length have hair that isn't past their actual shoulders yet

It gets even deeper, some like to claim a length based upon pulling wet hair to a length, flat ironed hang length, blow dried length, twisted length, or braided length. The most brave dare for unstretched length. We are here to support your goals. Looks like you are aiming for Full Shoulder Blade flat ironed.

That's a lot to take in hehe but I understand well enough ... And yes I want my front to be at my shoulder collarbone and it's just to my nose but I know when that happens the back will be well past that but i don't care I still won't claim it till then

gvin89

Lilmama1011 said:
Stick with it and don't try anything else....

Yes, I tried some different things and they didn't do much....went back to what I knew worked and vowed not to ever stray again.

claud-uk

gvin89 - how long have you been on your HHJ and/or how long has it taken you to find your staples? Thanks.

Did a reconstructor treatment with IC Fantasia Reconstructor two days ago (preceeded by an overnight oil tx), followed by DC. I mixed Motions DP Silk Protein with castor oil and went under the heating cap for only 30 mins bc we were on our way out to the market.

Yesterday I did a braidout on lightly flatironed hair. I mixed Keracare Overnight Moisturizing Tx with Cantu Conditioning Creme, braided and left for about 4 hours after straightening. I had the most amazing CBL braidout, it was soft, full and very stretched. It didn't shrink as the evening went on, it became a little bigger and just looked plain awesome!

Need to get some rollers and start practising rollersetting to try and get this effect without heat - lack of curl definition means WNG's are not an option so hoping this is my new "go to" style!

gvin89

claud-uk said:
gvin89 - how long have you been on your HHJ and/or how long has it taken you to find your staples? Thanks.

Did a reconstructor treatment with IC Fantasia Reconstructor two days ago (preceeded by an overnight oil tx), followed by DC. I mixed Motions DP Silk Protein with castor oil and went under the heating cap for only 30 mins bc we were on our way out to the market.

Yesterday I did a braidout on lightly flatironed hair. I mixed Keracare Overnight Moisturizing Tx with Cantu Conditioning Creme, braided and left for about 4 hours after straightening. I had the most amazing CBL braidout, it was soft, full and very stretched. It didn't shrink as the evening went on, it became a little bigger and just looked plain awesome!

Need to get some rollers and start practising rollersetting to try and get this effect without heat - lack of curl definition means WNG's are not an option so hoping this is my new "go to" style!

claud-uk, I became serious about hair Feb 2010. I joined the forum as I had moved to a new city and did not have a stylist and couldn't braid (for my daughter's hair). I wanted to be a DIYer. Anyway, reviewing various threads assisted my decision to transition. From there I also decided to use natural products only. My daughter had some breakage and her hair was very dry. I tried various product recs from the children's forum which were ok, but not consistent. It wasn't until I tried Qhemet Biologics that I was truly impressed. Well after she made the decision to temporarily close her web store, I started experimenting with other products....no lasting results. Went back to QB at the beginning of this month and I'm impressed all over again. Thankfully, I have a local retailer now so it's easier to get. This line works exceptionally well for my entire family...my husband and son even uses the light moisturizer.

Sorry for the long response...it took about 4 months for me to find QB and I pretty much used it exclusively along with Aubrey Organics conditioners until earlier this year. But I'm back to it.

I too want to begin roller setting. I'm kind of scared to try but plan to do so soon.

Seamonster

Just wanted to post some pics to encourage my short haired sisters. My eyeball length twist are starting to get a little hang time on them. Summer is great time to enjoy short hair.

claud-uk

claud-uk, I became serious about hair Feb 2010. I joined the forum as I had moved to a new city and did not have a stylist and couldn't braid (for my daughter's hair). I wanted to be a DIYer. Anyway, reviewing various threads assisted my decision to transition. From there I also decided to use natural products only. My daughter had some breakage and her hair was very dry. I tried various product recs from the children's forum which were ok, but not consistent. It wasn't until I tried Qhemet Biologics that I was truly impressed. Well after she made the decision to temporarily close her web store, I started experimenting with other products....no lasting results. Went back to QB at the beginning of this month and I'm impressed all over again. Thankfully, I have a local retailer now so it's easier to get. This line works exceptionally well for my entire family...my husband and son even uses the light moisturizer.

Sorry for the long response...it took about 4 months for me to find QB and I pretty much used it exclusively along with Aubrey Organics conditioners until earlier this year. But I'm back to it.

I too want to begin roller setting. I'm kind of scared to try but plan to do so soon.

Thanks gvin89 - there are so many positive things being said about QB, it's a shame I can't get it where I am :sad:
I'm going to start a thread asking about help with rollers.

My hair is responding so well with adding castor oil to my DC's that it isn't necessary for me to do seperate oil pre-poo's AND DC's, so now I'm combining my oil pre-poo with DC and leaving in overnight. Washed yesterday with M&T Deep Moisturizing poo (contains sulfates), then did a combined Keratin Cholesterol + Protein Tx. Did a chamomile tea and honey spritz and sat in the sun for an hour, then followed up with another DC which I left in all day and overnight and will wash out today.

My hair is growing really nicely, the shortest bits that came to my nose in June are now at my top lip! Crown is top of NL, Sides are about 1" past CBL and the back is averaging at 1" above APL.

sckri23

Lilmama1011 said:
Stick with it and don't try anything else....

Im just worried about my motions leave in spray disappearing from stores again..... It was in such a high demand last time every store was sold out for at least 3 months.

Altruisticoam

Here's a pic from my relaxer last week...I think i'm making progress. As of this week I started taking botin pills and using Humectress as a daily moisturizer

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 64
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 61

Seamonster

So I am putting together my hairstyle goals so that I can enjoy my grow out journey. I was just a smijen from my full a-ling bob, when I had to do my last chop. My hair is a lot stronger shorter, so I can do more things with it.

My goal style for shoulder length is an extreme angled bob, with a little layering on the bottom if I need it. My current style is more of a grow out with a little bob at the bottom. When my crown twist reach full nose length I am going to cut out a few more layers. Hoping I can enjoy some really cute short hair cuts as I grow my hair out. All the best hair cuts are on short hair anyway.

claud-uk

Just about to do a WGO + Mirpur AV Cholesterol + QH Cholesterol pre-poo this morning. I have spritzed my hair with water and waiting 15 mins for it to soak in before adding the pre-poo. After the pre-poo I will be doing a Daily Fixx Fatty Acid tx, rinse that out and follow with Mirpur Soy Cholesterol on my ends for 10 mins. Finally a nice DC with CON AO and Castor Oil + Avo Oil which I will leave in all day and rinse out tomorrow.

Hair is ridiculously soft right now :drunk: