Shoulder Length Challenge

wicky2828

Shoulder Length Challenge!!!

Where are all my short haired ladies at?!?!? I feel it is time that we start a shoulder length challenge. I have been looking for someone to start one for a while but no luck as of yet. I want to see how many people are interested so we can start posting our regimens so as to maybe give some other people out there that aren't so sure, an idea of how to get started. I think June or July would be a ideal time to end the challenge. This is my first time to start a thread or a challenge so bear with me.

Ooooohhhh I'm so excited and nervous at the same time :) Please join me...

Last edited:
I'm with ya! I'm pretty much at shoulder length know, I just want to be thicker and fuller. I'm so excited, this my second challenge and it gives me something to work towards.:bouncegre

count me in, i'm pushing for shoulder length by this next time next year because i want thick healthy hair, but i will try to summer time with you

Count me in. I am chin length right now and recovering from a weave left in too long last May. I had to cut BIG chunks of hair and had uneven, underprocessed crazy hair, as a result. It has gotten much better so Shoulder length by the summer seems reasonable to me.

I'm in as well. I am currently around the bottom of the neck and hope to reach my shoulders by mid-summer.

My regimin through the winter will be the crown & glory method.

Im pass shoulders in the back, but I would like my bangs to reach shoulder by the end of this year...so im in, they seem to grow so sloooooooooow

Well I have mapped out already what I plan to do with my 4 inches of natural hair:

Daily: MTGing and Surging (I'm already experiencing mad thickness and I've only been using since Dec 10)

3 days a week: Shampoo w/ 100% Africain Black Soap and DC (I use sooo many different conditioners)

4 days a week: Con Wash

I plan to start drinking 8 oz of carrot a day cause I heard that it increases thickness. I also plan to take a protein shake a day because your hair is made of made protein.

Vitamins I take: GNC Women, The Total EFA, Flax Seed Oil, Pantothenic Acid, Silica, Biotin, MSM, and Garlic

I've been suffering from major PJism since I was a teenager. I've been working lately to see what makes my hair feel the softness and the most healthy. It is hard because I travel so much and some places have hard water. I don't know if hard water that cuts down on the effectivness of products. I will get back to yall later on listing the products that I use.

I currently am wearing a wig cause I've had bad experiences with braiding. I had this one girl braid my hair and she braided my hair so tight that the pores on my scalp were enlarged and red. Sure enough when I took out my braids, so went my hair.

Last edited:
Hi ladies! I'm in. I joined the armpit challenge with a shoulder length goal because I didn't know there this one was out there.

I'm in too. This challenge is more realistic for me. I'm currently a little more than chin length on the sides and just a little above shoulder length in the back. I'm really trying to get my sides to grow. I'll have to invest in a digital camera to track my progress. I can't wait to see everyones progress.

Okay so here's my breakdown. I hope to be at a definate shoulder length by March 06. Past shoulder length/shoulder blades by September. Let's see where I actually am, when these times come along.

I am in. I will post starting point pics when I take my braids out in 3 weeks.

(I should have been at shoulder length by now, but for the first year set-backs).

I will post my regime when I come out of the braids also.

~CHAMPIONGURL

I'm in, I want the front to come downto my shoulders instead of my chin. My method is the same:
* condition wash
* relaxer stretch
* moisturize and rollerset dry hair every other night.

count me among the masses... right now i'm at the bottom of my neck when i straighten my hair... shoulder length should be doable in what, six months?!...

regimine: i don't really have one other than daily co's and weekly shampoos... i have to get back on the ball with my deep conditioning and my poor surge and mtg just sit there now... i find that it's really difficult to get it to my scalp because my hair has gotten so thick already...

as far as vitamins - i fell off of my nioxin vitamins (they're just too big)... maybe if i start crushing them up??

I am in. My hair is near the bottom of my neck. My regime includes:

Moisturizing
Conditioner Washing
Rollersetting and updo's (carusos)

For the most part I will just leave it alone. I have learned my hair progresses better with little manipulation.

Finally a length challenge thats possible in the time given. My hair is right at my neck. It was shoulder lenght but I cut it because I couldn't stand my end anymore.

Count me in- i am at the bottom of the neck in the rear- about chin length on the sides and at the topp of my upper lip in the front.

Continue cowashing 5 days a week w/ Saloncare Conditioners and DDWL/DDTA.

Shampoo/Deep Condition- 2 times a week/ use hooded dryer for 45-60 mins at least once a week

Pre-shampoo of either glycerin or castor oil- 2 times a week

Spritz daily with water/glycerin/liquid aloe vera/eo

Oil at nite, apply thin plastic cap and go to sleep.

Vitamins: Flaxseed oil, Multivitamin, Cod liver oil, Garlic, Bee Pollen, Alfalfa, Vitamin B & C combo and Vitamin E- once a day

That's it

Count me in too! I hope to be there by December 2006. I will have braids for 6-8 weeks. Give my hair a week to breath. Get a retouch. Give it another two weeks to breathe then put the braids back in. I know my nape will get there first because it grows the quickest. Its the sides and the top of my head I'll really have to concentrate on.

I'm in, I have about 6 inches on the top and 3 inches on the side and back my lower back is only an inch I don't get that. Anyway I am in braids. I had set a goal for August to get shoulder length.

I wash every other day - moisturize condition. On Saturdays I do a deep conditioner with sage oil.

I moisturize sometimes three times a day I used Braid X and I add distilled water and sweet orange oil, almond oil, orange extract. I switch up and add distilled water cococonut oil, almond oil and sweet orange oil. in a spray bottle

I use coconut oil for my hair. I use MTG every other day. I added some sweet orange oil to it and a little almond oil, I used it in tip applicator.
I take a mulit vit - when I remember to take it.
Nioxin pills two a day
Flaxseed 1200 mg
Primrose oil- 1,000 mg did nothing for the boobs RATS!!!!
Biotin 1,000 mg - haven't taken in a while it makes me itch
I have a silk and satin scarf - I never ever sleep without it in fact I walk around my house in a scarf and only take it off when going out.

Bumping to jump in!! I just saw this today.

I've got some major trims/cuts coming up to remove some severly damaged ends. I hope to be a full shoulder length by 12/06.

I guess I'm going to have to change my routine. I have noticed a lot of little knots forming on the ends of my hair lately. I think it may be because of how I handle my hair during daily CW. I'm going to have someone to put cornrows to give my hair a rest until I can figure out what to do about the evils knots:mad: . It isn't too bad I guess because that gives me a chance to sport some of the wigs I bought myself for Christmas.

Can I still do daily CW with cornrows in??? If so, how do I get the conditioner in effectively without wrecking the braids???

I would love to join this challenge! I need some motivation from ladies that have hair lenghts similar to mine. My goal is to have HEALTHY shoulder length hair by the end of this year.

blueabyss333 said:
I'm with ya! I'm pretty much at shoulder length know, I just want to be thicker and fuller. I'm so excited, this my second challenge and it gives me something to work towards.:bouncegre

Good luck on your goals everyone. I'm joining the armpit challenge. I doubted myself at first, but I think I can do it.:D

My hair is finally grazing my shoulders!!

I was sitting at my computer and could finally feel my hair on my shoulders. It is not full shoulder length, as I would like it, but I do see progress.

It feels good, too, since I stopped taking/using things to make my hair grow faster.

qt_pie said:
Is anyone here also in the braids challenge?

I am--the Crown & Glory (modified). I will be wearing briads until June and hope to reach shoulder then.

Back