Shrinkage also for relaxed/texlaxed heads?

PinkPeony

I know when we talk about shrinkage we always talk about naturals having it but I know that I have shrinkage too.
Ever since I started processing my hair during the relaxer less and less my shrinkage got out of control.
Right now I'm smack between APL and SL but with shrinkage I'm barely SL:eek: and flatironing my hair doesn't really help either.

I also have shrinkage when I'm stretching,it seems the amount of ng equals the amount of shrinkage.
Anyone else or is it just me?:look:

sareca

Even with straight styles I have shrinkage. These are all the same day. My hair is 1in from APL.

<< pressed it out after takedown
<< curled it with the carusos
<< sweated a lot (it was really hot)
<< now it's not even SL. *sigh*

Last edited:

PinkPeony

YES that's my hair right there.
It IRKS me to no end.
But that also means that a lot of us texlaxed ladies have longer hair then we do in our comparaison pics

klb120475

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Yep, I'm relaxed and I have to deal with shrinkage.

For instance today, I have my hair in a low ponytail....but the ponytail doesn't look as long as it really is because my hair curls up when it's wet.:mad: I want it to hang straight so people can see my growth.:lol:

PinkPeony

klb120475 said:
I was just thinking about this yesterday. Yep, I'm relaxed and I have to deal with shrinkage.

For instance today, I have my hair in a low ponytail....but the ponytail doesn't look as long as it really is because my hair curls up when it's wet.:mad: I want it to hang straight so people can see my growth.:lol:
Lol I know how you feel.Have you tried drying it with a roller?

Maa Maa omo mti

Yes the hotter it gets the more shrinkage I get. But it's to be expected with our hair type. In my progress pics as the minute go by the hair got shorter. The last two pics show the puffiness I get.

PinkPeony

abenyo said:
Yes the hotter it gets the more shrinkage I get. But it's to be expected with our hair type. In my progress pics as the minute go by the hair got shorter. The last two pics show the puffiness I get.
I never thought it could have anything to do with the heat...your pictures are a perfect example tough
hmmm interesting:brainy:

I try to incorporate the puffiness into my routine now,I think big hair will ALWAYS win:perplexed

Last edited:

LovelyZ

in humid DC, my new growth reverts quickly so my hair can look an inch or more shorter than it really is. that's why i am always amazed at the progress after a long relaxer stretch.

Divine Inspiration

I have super shrinkage too...I've accepted it and it doesn't bother me. My hair is probably waistlength now but with shrinkage, it's brastrap. I actually like the shrunken length...I think if I saw it bone straight at this length, I'd want to trim it. I like the thickness that comes with the shrinkage.

PinkPeony

LovelyZ said:
in humid DC, my new growth reverts quickly so my hair can look an inch or more shorter than it really is. that's why i am always amazed at the progress after a long relaxer stretch.
Your hair is beautiful I don't think I ever noticed it before:)

DI that's what I thought.. thickness and shrinkage are somehow related
(I can't wait for your updates ):)

Seraphinelle
lol I can always count on my hair twin to understand my ramblings:lol:

PinkPeony

texasgrl said:
I get shrinkage:mad: :mad: as well. It has changed my goal from APL to MBL which will look like BSL:confused: ;) .
Oh I guess you're right i think I have to adjust my hair goals as well.
I'm still hoping the longer the hair gets the less shrinkage I will have