Shrinkage - why I'm transitioning for at least 18 months

MummysGirl

RoundEyedGirl504

Congrats on committing to sticking it out! I am definitely transitioning for at least 18 months. I love looking at your fotki and attempting to get my braid/twist outs to look like yours, you do such a wonderful job styling your hair so I am sure the next 9 months should be a breeze. Your hair looks fabulous by the way, HHG!!

countrychickd

Girl, I applaud you so much for sticking it out. I definitely didn't...lol. I was more impatient than anything else. I was just ready to be fully natural already, and my relaxed ends were giving me too much trouble, so chopping was great for me in that way. I can relate to the shrinkage, but I've actually fallen in love with all the curls that comes with the shrinkage. You'll love it too.....when you finally showcase all that natural hair after your BC. Good luck lady on continuing to your goal. I know you can do it. You have this transition stuff down.

MummysGirl

Thank you :grin: I'll be coming back to this thread for reassurance if I'm having a bad hair day!
I'm so glad there are many of us transitiong at the same time with similar goals!
Please feel free to ask questions.
Congrats on committing to sticking it out! I am definitely transitioning for at least 18 months. I love looking at your fotki and attempting to get my braid/twist outs to look like yours, you do such a wonderful job styling your hair so I am sure the next 9 months should be a breeze. Your hair looks fabulous by the way, HHG!!

Thank you!!!!!
If you can go this long, then 9 more months should be a breeze.

Thanks buddy. You look sooo beautiful with your BC, I've told you many times :yep:
I know when I BC I'll fall even more in love with my natural hair, I just don't want to have little hair to frame my big (but beautiful :rolleyes:) head.
Girl, I applaud you so much for sticking it out. I definitely didn't...lol. I was more impatient than anything else. I was just ready to be fully natural already, and my relaxed ends were giving me too much trouble, so chopping was great for me in that way. I can relate to the shrinkage, but I've actually fallen in love with all the curls that comes with the shrinkage. You'll love it too.....when you finally showcase all that natural hair after your BC. Good luck lady on continuing to your goal. I know you can do it. You have this transition stuff down.

Yay!!!! Another one!!!! :)
Thank you.
Whew! Great job on staying strong during your transition. I'm right there w/you. 33-34 weeks post for me!

Rei

lol, I tried to transition for a long time so that shrinkage wouldn't defeat me either. And I still look like I have a twa if I don't do backflips to stretch it out before it dries. >.< sometimes its hard to tell when you're transitioning

MummysGirl

Lol! I know I'll have to be stretching my hair to dry. I'm hoping I have enough hair at 18 months so I can start my natural journey.

lol, I tried to transition for a long time so that shrinkage wouldn't defeat me either. And I still look like I have a twa if I don't do backflips to stretch it out before it dries. >.< sometimes its hard to tell when you're transitioning