Sick of Buns

trulyurangel82

Ive been wearing my hair pulled back for months because I planned on wearing protective style until my hair grew back out. I havent used heat except my hooded dryer for conditioning. I air dry afterwards.
Its currently chin length and my plan is to get it back to the shoulders. My hair was snipped off at the salon in April because it was very underprocessed from self relaxing. I lost a few inches.
Anyways my plan was to use heat again (well maybe not sure) when it gets to the shoulders. Just flat ironing once a week.

I updated my fotki in june.
password is in profile. I think its growing but Im not sure. Ive been deep conditioning it during the weekend and condition washing on wednesdays. Also been using BT :).

Anyways well I have to say im sick of not wearing my hair down lol. Its getting so boring.

Do u guys know of any cool protective styles besides bunning?
Is flexi rods easy? I want my hair curly but not too curled because my hair is short.
Twists?
????
Short hair ladies how are you styling your hair?

thanks!

Last edited:
Have you tried to make a ponytail with track hair? You can use wavy, straight or curly and let it hang, no bunning. Other hairstyles can include making hairclips and clipping them in your hair to make it long or add fullness to your hair.HTH:)

Try double strand twists. You can control how kinky the results are by how tight you twist them. I find them buns look better with some texure. Pull out a strand or two to give a wavy bun a romantic feel.

Flexi rods are also a good option. Your hair sounds like it would do best with the purple ones.

Back