Shower vs. Sink - Where Do You Wash and Why?

greAtness333

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
I wash in the shower
it is MUCH easier and one time a beautician told me that you should wash your hair and rinse with the natural flow of your hair and it wasn't healthy to continually wash it bent over like you would in a sink. Meaning your hair flows backwards so you should rinse like that. Like when you go to the salon and your head leans backwards. Don't know how true this is but it alwasy stuck with me so I don't wash my hair in the sink. I hate bending over too.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's good info.

I usually CO wash in the sink because I wash spur of the moment and it's easier when I have to go back and rinse out the deep conditioner. When I do a full out wash with shampoo, conditioner, protein treatment, etc. I wash in the shower.

GodMadeMePretty

I wash in the shower. Last week I washed over the sink and my hair was so tangled. But I have the TANGLE TAMER and I feel confident that I can wash my hair ANYWHERE and not have a problem with tangles. You all who wash in the shower to cut down on the tangles but keep hopping in and out to pretreat, deep condition, etc. - get the TANGLE TAMER. I'm in love with this product. I just got it tonight based on a review earlier today.

ChasingBliss

Shower...It's just a smoother wash. I like the way the water massages my scalp, also my hair get's less tangled in the shower. I dont like idea of my hair going in the drain while stooped over in the sink.

TigerLily

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
Shower because I'm scared my hair will get traped in the drain of the sink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wash in the shower because my hair used to get trapped in the drain of the sink! I would go to lift my head up and couldn't because my hair was wrapped around the sink nozzle!

Sweetyb

I love the sink because it uses less water and I can start and stop whever I please, as oposed to jumping in and out of the shower.

But, I'm using the shower now cause I want my hair to lay down during and after washing, not up and over my head as in a sink.

Isis

I love washing and rinsing in the shower. Besides the ease of detangling, it feels so good and soothing. All that water it's good for the body too - it's another way to absorb water besides drinking it.

lillian743

Sink, because my hair is short, and I dont get it really clean when its washed in the shower..

My moms natural and 2 1/2 inchs from bra strap she washs it in the sink also..

MizAvalon

Shower-because it has simply beome easier now. As some of the other ladies have said, when your hair gets longer it will hang into the drain hole while you're washing. I don't worry about the jumping in and out part. Since I leave my conditioner on overnight, after I get out of the shower from shampooing, I'm out until the next morning.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Shower for me too! Less tangles and less breakage. I look at washing my hair as MY time so I don't mind getting in and out of the shower so much. Good thing we have more than one bathroom.

Dolce_Dawn

Shower definitely. The only time I use the tub/sink is when I do my initial wash after perming. Once that junk is out, I jump in the shower and finish my routine.

Neroli

Seems like more shower washers than sink washers. I DO prefer the sink though, because I have more control over water pressure and temperature and if I'm doing multiple treatments to be rinsed out, I can STAND the in and out of the shower thing -- if I had to do all that in the shower, I simply wouldn't do it because it's just too exhausting and all that multiple washing dries my skin out. I don't tangle easily so no problems there. However, I did have the problem with "hair down the drain" until I got a special drain cover with super tiny holes that allows my hair to float on top rather than inside the drain. Also, I like to use luke warm to cool water and I don't if I'm in the shower because I freeze my petoooties off. Sooo, sink washer here. Although, when in a hurry and just doing a simple CO wash, shower will do because I'm in and out only once.

northernbelle

I wash in the tub.

I tried the shower method. I liked it OK,but prefer the ease and convenience of washing and rinsing under the faucet in the bathtub.

I think my hair looks and feels just as good washing and rinsing in the bathtub.

northernbelle

missykeyana

I like the shower....it's easier to comb out tangles. The spray feels good on my scalp, and my hair always comes out looking nice. However, when I decide to deep condition, I shampoo and detangle in the shower, and rinse out the deep conditioner in the sink.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I used to do the sink, but the shower is better for me. You're letting the water go down your hair as to having the water go up the hair in the sink. You have less tangles that way. I sometimes take a big cup of water and pour it down my hair when I take a bath. </font>

skegeesmb

Shower, by myself if I attempt to go to a salon, I'll use the sink.

My hair is long enough to the point it's very very tangled if I wash it in the sink by myself. I also don't like to have my hair piled up on top of my head, which also causes tangles.

babyblue

shower of course because the force of the water going down on my hair helps detangle

i tried the sink a couple of times and i found it very uncomfortable and it was so hard to rinse the product out completely. I ended up jumping into the shower to rinse correctly.

Cinnabuns

[ QUOTE ]
carletta said:
Shower= less tangles+ less breakage= more hair 2 keep!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% - well said

Tene

Re: Shower vs. Sink - Where Do You Wash and Why?

The sink because I have one of those spouts that sprays water like they use at the salon.

Miosy

Shower for me because I wash in sections and it makes detangling easier. I get more tangles over the sink.

Neroli

Majority of bathrooms DO NOT have showers. It depends on where you are in the world. The majority of earth's population (africa, asia, south america, etc.) do not have showers as a "standard". Indeed, showers only been a standard for last 50 years o4 so and only in the so-called western world. And even there, once you go to the rural and countrysides of Europe, they're scare unless really wealthy. I spend some time in traveling France, Italy and Germany last year and most of the facilities (we stayed at lovely little bed and breakfast, not the fancy 5 star deals!) did not have standard showers -- some had the hand deals with the long cord, but not the stationery overhead we are use to hear in the U.S. When we stayed at the hotels, showers were aplenty. Also, when visited Spain and Honduras, showers scarce unless staying in metro areas. Which makes me wonder how women use to keep hair looking good years ago when all they had was the tub &amp; and or sink and no shower. I seem to recall the crown and glory lady saying that water pressure from the shower was actually not good for your hair because the heavy pressure cause hair to weaken from the force of water -- it may detangle better, but may also cause more hair loss. I think she actually recommended washing hair in the tub, where you dunk you head backwards in the water rather than having the rush of water from shower. I actually tried this, but it was too much of a hazzle (as bad as using the shower, all that in and out too drying for my skin!) Anyone remember this?

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
Majority of bathrooms DO NOT have showers. It depends on where you are in the world. The majority of earth's population (africa, asia, south america, etc.) do not have showers as a "standard".

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey you learn something new everyday. I wonder if this is why SOME (notice I put that in big letters) foreigners have a body odor. Maybe they don't take enough showers or something. I was reading an article awhile ago and it said that a lot of Foreigners think that Americans bathe too much. I used to work in the Banana Republic when I was in H.S. and OH MY, some of those foreigners were KICKIN Like Van Dam!

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
Majority of bathrooms DO NOT have showers. It depends on where you are in the world. The majority of earth's population (africa, asia, south america, etc.) do not have showers as a "standard".

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey you learn something new everyday. I wonder if this is why SOME (notice I put that in big letters) foreigners have a body odor. Maybe they don't take enough showers or something. I was reading an article awhile ago and it said that a lot of Foreigners think that Americans bathe too much. I used to work in the Banana Republic when I was in H.S. and OH MY, some of those foreigners were KICKIN Like Van Dam!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they still take daily baths, like in the tub, like everyone did in the old days before showers. I didn't notice body odor smells from folks when traveling those countries. What I did notice was they smell DIFFERENT, not necessarily BAD, because of the difference in diet and spices that they use. You may have notice an "odor" but not because they don't bath regularly, but because not use to it. They think Americans "smell" too . . .

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]

I think they still take daily baths, like in the tub, like everyone did in the old days before showers. I didn't notice body odor smells from folks when traveling those countries. What I did notice was they smell DIFFERENT, not necessarily BAD, because of the difference in diet and spices that they use. You may have notice an "odor" but not because they don't bath regularly, but because not use to it. They think Americans "smell" too . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh trust me it was an ODOR. I had to hold my breath sometimes when helping them. Especially those french women that didn't shave their armpits. OH goodness (fainting) Not only was the hair gross to look at but when they reached up for something I sometimes wanted to pass out.

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Oh trust me it was an ODOR. I had to hold my breath sometimes when helping them. Especially those french women that didn't shave their armpits. OH goodness (fainting) Not only was the hair gross to look at but when they reached up for something I sometimes wanted to pass out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well THAT, speaks for itself!

Connie

I can do both, but I prefer the shower because I don't always feel like bending over a tub or basin.