Since its getting cold...

Precious_1

Ok ladies :notworthy this is my first LCHF fall/winter. my hair gets dry easily and will break. so do any of you have any suggestions on taking care of your hair in the winter. Going in and outdoors, going to sleep at night with the heat on(this really makes my hair dry), i just want to be ready. Do you think protective styles are best? any input is appreciated.Help a newbie out!!

Dannygirl

whenever your in the house use a scarf or silk wrap with a ORS pk to keep it moustuired because that is the key with cold weather

myco

I like to run my humidifier in the winter. It keeps the air moist which is good for your hair and skin (winter is murder on my sinuses). Especially at night when your heat will be on. I think i paid about $25 for one by Koz.

Protective styles are good because they keep your hair from snagging and rubbing against wools coats, scarves and sweaters.

simone103

A humidifier for the home is a good idea. Weaves and wearing your hair up are good protective styles for the winter. Also, wear a hat with a silk or satin lining everytime you go outside.

caribeandiva

Human being
hmmm it's my first fall/winter here too. since i live in Florida i don't think it's gonna get that cold. so i'm not gonna change my routine at all.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I'll be wearing my hair in a bun more than usual and I'll definately wear a knitted hat outdoors to protect my head from the cold and snow.
I won't go out with wet hair that freezes in the wind (yep, I used to do that LOL). Have you ever seen stiff, icy curls :lol:
Moisturize as usual.

Precious_1

thank you ladies for replying, I really appreciate that. I have a humidifier, I will use it more, and I think i want to get my sew in weave back in, it was really easy. anyways, thank you!!!